Anyone here play Dark Messiah? I have a question

Started by Akisohida, September 03, 2008, 06:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

OK, I have been trying to run Dark Messiah of Might & Magic in a window. I have been told it CAN BE DONE> x.x I was told to put '-window' in the path line.

So mine looks like "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe" -window

but no matter what I try (-window, -w, '-window', '-w') I can not get a windowed mode. People insist it is possible. Help? :(
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Kasarn

Well, it's in the patch notes.
Quote- Windowed Mode: Entering a command line parameter of '-window' will enable the game to be played in a window.

Try putting the argument inside the quotes:
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe -window"

Akisohida

Quote from: Kasarn on September 04, 2008, 09:01:15 PM
Well, it's in the patch notes.
Quote- Windowed Mode: Entering a command line parameter of '-window' will enable the game to be played in a window.

Try putting the argument inside the quotes:
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe -window"

Says it is not valid to put 'window' inside the " things.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

tried:

mm.exe /window

? (with appropriate path etc)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2008, 12:46:25 PM
tried:

mm.exe /window

? (with appropriate path etc)

Nope. Did
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic\mm.exe" /window

since putting something INSIDE the quotes results in a bad path name error and the game was still full-screen

llearch n'n'daCorna

hokay. The other option is "window" and "--window"...

Neither of which I expect to work, but hey, give it a try. http://www.tweakguides.com/DMOMM_5.html suggests it will make it more unstable, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

Kasarn

Looking into it, it appears that windowed mode was only added in the multiplayer patch, so it's probably only available for multiplayer games. :T

Zet

Have you tried pressin Alt Enter, that usually puts things in a window for me