[Story] Pagan: Missing Gods Chapter 1.2

Started by Pagan, July 20, 2008, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

I'll check the grammar stuffs in the morning, when I'm more likely to catch it, but thank you for noting that.

They don't need to I guess, but I really want them to hurry up and get to Port Selien. At least something interesting happens there.

You make a good point, and I might just add some more conversation there to make the day feel longer. I just didn't want to split the paragraph because it them both so short and both of them having Sirul speak. I blame an OCD-esque impluse.

And on the thing of "get story moving" and "give it a nice, slow pace" I'm not really sure which route to go. I'd feel like an extreme copout if I just told everything snap, snap, snap and bam! cool stuff is happening. But at the same time, expanding things too far feels like slog and it's not a strong skill of mine... Which probably means that I should try to slow things down, give myself some good practice.

And I have that vertigo feeling again... Whoo... light headed.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

From my experience, it's generally a bad idea to leap head-first into a story. You've got to test the waters first before you take the dive.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me