Started by Alondro, August 29, 2008, 12:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

ZOMG!!!

Ain't this in Revelations somewheres?

More evidence that we R teh doomed.

Either that or LOLCATS have taken over the world.   :3

Which would still make us doomed.    :kittydevious
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Reese Tora

we can has glow-ball new-clear war?

Remind me to play "fluffy's master plan for world domination" for you next anthrocon. :3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Vidar

The "winged cat" thing usually occurs with long-haired cats due to lack of proper grooming. Comb your cat regularly, or it will take to the sky!  :januscat
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

LionHeart

I like the "Red Bull" theory myself...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Vidar on August 29, 2008, 04:38:43 AM
The "winged cat" thing usually occurs with long-haired cats due to lack of proper grooming. Comb your cat regularly, or it will take to the sky!  :januscat
Well, I can't disagree with that in most cases, but what about this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1049610/Ready-Tiddles-Meet-cats-sprouted-wings.html
QuoteAnd while she says her lovable Tom is no devil, his wings, which contain bones, make him look more like a 'cat angel'.
In this case, I would figure genetic defect/skin condition, but still... that is cool! Now, being as this isn't just one or two freak cases, perhaps there is some sort of inactive, extremely recessive gene which produces this? I mean, there is an extreme amount of information in a strand of DNA, who says there isn't a pile of broken or inactive genes of various sorts in there? It might also need some special trigger to become active - perhaps a 'corrective' defect?

Whats very interesting in the first case shown is that the 'wings' grew a while after birth, however we aren't told how old this cat is, but it is safe to assume it is at least a year old.
Which means what? I don't know... but its certainly strange.

Now, I fully expect someone to reply with something that makes my whole theory baseless, this is just what I sort of threw together.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Vidar

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on September 02, 2008, 01:35:44 AM
Quote from: Vidar on August 29, 2008, 04:38:43 AM
Well, I can't disagree with that in most cases, but what about this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1049610/Ready-Tiddles-Meet-cats-sprouted-wings.html
QuoteAnd while she says her lovable Tom is no devil, his wings, which contain bones, make him look more like a 'cat angel'.
In this case, I would figure genetic defect/skin condition, but still... that is cool! Now, being as this isn't just one or two freak cases, perhaps there is some sort of inactive, extremely recessive gene which produces this? I mean, there is an extreme amount of information in a strand of DNA, who says there isn't a pile of broken or inactive genes of various sorts in there? It might also need some special trigger to become active - perhaps a 'corrective' defect?

Whats very interesting in the first case shown is that the 'wings' grew a while after birth, however we aren't told how old this cat is, but it is safe to assume it is at least a year old.
Which means what? I don't know... but its certainly strange.

Now, I fully expect someone to reply with something that makes my whole theory baseless, this is just what I sort of threw together.

I rather doubt the veracity of the claim that there are bones on the "wings" of that particular cat. Parts of the "wings" on the feline may have hardened just because there's a metric ton of dirt and matted fur in them. Until some actual scientific research is done, and the result is posted by a trustworthy news source, and not by some tabloid with delusions of competence.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Alondro

The Chinese prolly grafted the wings onto the cat so they can claim their cats are better than the USA's.

They cheat at everything else after all. 

*hates China for killing tigers for aphrodesiacs*   HATE!!! >:O
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif