The Wastelands [Closed-RP]

Started by Arcalane, July 09, 2006, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suwako

Dus'Su isn't to happy about his bad amount of magazines. "What frequency are we going to use?" While saying that he puts a shoulder belt on his gun and puts it over it's left shoulder. holding the gun with one hand pointing towards the ground.  Then he starts searching for additional power cells for his plasma pistol.

Paladin Sheppard

Slaping his forhead Pal grabs one of the headsets and sets it to themal. *How could I forget its cooler than most things till its worn* Pal thought as he scaned the boxes and lockers.

Azlan

While searching for his last few items, Hayden stops and snaps his fingers.  "I need a medical applicator!"

Hayden redoubles his efforts, rifling through the crates, boxes and lockers... even the racks if necessary to locate one.  Especially a higher quality or superior model to what might be found in the Field medical kit.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Arcalane

~~Ink~~

Cutting the recharger from the board is much simpler, and is easily completed.

~~Malakin~~

Finding a backpack is easy enough, and another magazine of pistol ammunition is - surprise surprise - within that backpack. The AR ammunition does not seem to be particularly forthcoming, however.

~~Azlan~~

There don't seem to be any powercells around whatsoever, although Hayden does find one. Unfortunately, it turns out to be completely dry. On the other hand, Hayden also finds two magazines of 10mm ammunition. Every cloud has a silver lining... right?

~~Paladin~~

Paladin upturns two boxes in his search for the suit. Whilst neither provide it, the first dumps out a pair EMP grenades, and the second drops no less than two plasma power cells, one laser power cell, Hayden's Medical Applicator, and another tin of baked beans.

~~Aiyno~~

D`S manages to scav up another power cell for the plasma pistol.

~~Paladin~~

Still no sign of it. Although the thermal scans do turn up another two AR magazines, a laser power cell and a plasma power cell.

~~Azlan~~

A Med Applicator already dropped out of one of the crates Paladin upturned. Might be worth taking a look at.

Paladin Sheppard

"Shit" The sniper said with some feeling.  Handing the AR clips to Malakin, he turns to Hayden "This what you're look'n for?" Holding out the med applicator, powercells and comms headset,

Walking back to the bench he puts the bandanna on his head. Grabbing the rest of his gear bar the .50cal ammo he loads it into the pockets on the harness. Picking up the mags he thumbs the large bullets out and inspects them for damage or corrosion, satisfied he reloads them into the magazines. Putting one of the 10 round mags in his webbing he loads the other in to the SM2a3 with a satisfying clack.

Checking the weapon's safety is on he relaxes and waits for the others to finish.

*OOC I've put my equipment info in my character post in the OOC topic for quick reference*

Suwako

Dus'Su continues searching eventough it seems pointless now.

Magic

Finally.

Jonathan begins assembling the components together, which shouldn't prove too difficult; after all, he had basically raped three weapons and a GPS unit to get everything he needs in one neat piece. Aligning the magnetic bottle systems, rewiring the outlets of the recharger, putting up a few cells in a neat row then wiring them together, connecting and assembling the whole system in one neat stock he had taken from an old rifle. The end result, is what would be a plasma rifle, capable of decent combat ranges, and cutting though (decently enough) armour and organics.

The key word, is would. Although it is made out of choice components, Jonathan is still worrying about the recharger. The maximum range of the rifle might be hampered by the jury-rigged overcharger. Still, it is better than having it fizzle at fifty meters as per pistol range, and it has better firepower than any of the kinetic rifles on hand.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Malakin

"Thanks again.. Man, I owe you a dosen and we are not even out the door yet!"

Malakin turns back to his gear, starting to pack his bag.. Rifle in the elastic netting on the front, the two clips fit neatly into pockets on the left, half a box of flares into the large pocket on the right side..  then turning to the group he announces:
"Guys, got armour and flares here, 6 flare each and I dont mind helping anyone look for anything else they might need.."

And with that Malakin sits back down on the edge of a crate and waits, messing with his headset again..
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Arcalane

((*still waiting on responses from Azlan and possibly Bill here, will continue tomorrow if there are none*))

bill

Azlan

"I was just looking for one of those applicators!  Thanks... uh... Paladin?"

Hayden curses at his luck with power cells, but pockets the 10mm ammo clips. 

"Does anyone have a recharger for this?"

Arcalane

~~Aiyno~~

Dus finds nothing of interest, apart from some dustbunnies.

~~Ink~~

Putting it together is easy enough and nothing goes wrong at that point.

~~All you Mooks~~

The Commander looks over the group and nods.

"Is everyone ready to go at last?"

Malakin

OOC: (I take it we should update our profiles with the equipment we gained?)

Malakin looks up
"Yeah sure.."

Escape will make me God.
"

Paladin Sheppard

"Sir!" Paladin states as an affirmative.

Suwako

Dus'Su turns to the commander analyzing the question he simply replies with "Affirmative, Commander"

Magic

"See you." Jonathan waves at the crowd rummaging at the place, and promptly steps outside, heading towards the vault entrance. With him, he lugged the slightly massive plasma rifle he had just created. He wondered, is it really an entrance, or an exit;

--Entrance maybe to a hell-hole, exit to another.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Azlan

Hayden smiled and scratched the back of his head, "sure thing chief." 

He hefted his assembled gear and began to exit the room, stopping in the hall to tap his foot impatiently as he waited for everyone else.

Malakin

"Ah right, as in now.. ok! lets get moving!"

Zipping up his bag, malakin slings it over his shoulder and quickly follows..

Escape will make me God.
"

Arcalane

The Commander chases off after the group as fast as he can with two mismatching legs, although this isn't as slow as you'd think.

~~

A short while later, the group are in front of the second last door door - the last door between them, the main access gate, and the outside world.

"One moment..." The Commander punches in the access code and the door opens, allowing access. Once he's gotten everyone through, he moves off to a sideroom and closes the first door.

There's a soft whine as the speakers activate.

"Alright gentlemen, ready to step outside? You might want to shield your eyes for this part, my calculations indicate that your eyes will have adapted to the light in here significantly, and looking directly into the light before your eyes can adjust could cause temporary or even permanent blindness, even for those of you with cybernetic replacements or enhancements."[/i]

Suwako

Dus`Su's camara's made a soft clicking noise, preparing them for the different lighting amounts. Dus`Su's systems where preparing to function without drawing energy directly from its main battery. He raised his right arm pointing it's weapon at the main access gate.  It put its left hand beneath the guns barrel for increased accuracy. Data was streamed into Dus`Su's cybernetic brain, Additional info on the assaults rifles beheavor in battle and reliablity. Also the groups pictures where organised by class and age.

Paladin Sheppard

After darkening the headset's HUD, Pal works the charging handle on the SMa3, loading a round into the firing chamber. Positioning himself near the door Pal waits for it to open. "Guys once its open mind letting me scout around for a bit? We don't know if anyone's out there. I'll drop a waypoint on the hud if I find a safe spot."

bill

"Wonderful," Parsons muttered. He shut his eyes, feeling like a complete idiot.

Magic

Jonathan just stood there and did nothing; like a pair of goggles, utterly dumbfounded by the Commander.

Optical implants, remember?

Azlan

Hayden activated the polarization feature of his eyes and put away his glasses.  From a side pocket he pulled a pair of slim sunglasses and placed them on.  He looked at the robot for a brief moment and gave a sideways glance to Miller who looked as arrogant as he expected.  He gave a once over of Parsons, Paladin and Malakin and smiled expectantly, raising his hand up until it was parallel with the floor and snapped his finger at the door.

"Let's do this thing." 

Malakin

Malakin whips out his cap and puts it on low over his eyes, then darkens the HUD like paladin..
He looks around the group grinning..

"Hell yeah, Ready to go!"

Escape will make me God.
"

Arcalane

"Beginning Primary Opening Phase in... three - two... one... here we go."[/i]

A first layer of the doors starts to draw side, the massive, outdated-but-EMP-proofed assemblies slowly pulling the first stage out of the way. Several minutes later, there's a soft clunk as the doors fully retract.

"Stage One Complete, onto Stage Two."[/i]

This time, two door plates retreat into the ceiling and floor, and again, after a few minutes, they finish retracting, leaving one, final blast door in place, a massive, thick piece of metal, with interlocking teeth and bolts.

"Alright gentlemen, this is the big one."[/i]

The gears holding the bolts in place draw them back into the walls, and with a shake, dust falling from the inside of the door, the massive bulkhead starts to open, blinding light pouring through.

"Good luck out there, you six. You have a month to report back. There's a console on the outside near the gate you can use to get back in here if you need to."[/i]

Beyond, is the city. Or what's left of it. Nearly a decade has pretty much wrecked and ruined what wasn't destroyed in the shockwaves from the blasts, but a fair majority of anything below the city walls survived the effects - in terms of shockwave damage. A lot of things have rusted or fallen apart, and civilian hovercars and the odd protocol/servant robot lie scattered about, skeletal hulks of their former selves. Otherwise, the street is abandoned.

According to signposts and the HUD set, you should be in the south of the city, in the "South Commercial District", where one of the most (in)famous shopping centers of the entire city was. The nearest military facility is to the east, and there is a hospital to the north east, roughly speaking. The distance is unmarked, but it can't be too far, right?

Paladin Sheppard

"Ok guys gimmie 30 mins to make sure its clear." Shouldering the rifle Pal begins to move to what his HUD says is east, looking for any threats or survivors (Unlikely as that may be) as stealthy as he can. 5km out from the bunker he halts and sends a nav point to the others via the headset. He continues to scan the area from a position of cover.

Suwako

Receiving the signal, Dus`Su started moving outside, His Camera's where underlit and their setting where changed. He looked around the dead city. He rose is hand and beckoned the rest to come. He walked towards Paladins last received position. His camera's where looking in different directions while you turned his head 45 degrees to either the left or right every 30 seconds. Systems confermation complete, Paladin's observation was correct.

bill

Time for the fun, Parsons silently thought to himself. So many places to choose, and no appointed leader. Wonderful.

Magic

No-one; rather, nothing, alive for miles. I've been thinking too hard. Mutant sentient cockroaches don't rule the world, yet.

Jonathan massages his forehead with his index and thumb, then sighs. Without looking, he starts walking east. "One month, good time. There's probably some maps in the databanks of the nearest military installation; we can find the next bunker faster that way." He pauses to heft the particularly large plasma rifle he had assembled earlier, "With any luck, I won't have to use this thing. Not that I have any."