The Wastelands [Closed-RP]

Started by Arcalane, July 09, 2006, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Standing up Pal headed out the door and towards the armory. "If I remember correctly I only had a combat load when I brought the rifle in, 20 rounds tops."

Magic

Jonathan stands up as well.

"I'm taking a look, probably pick up a few for components, modifications, and a laser pistol for myself." He mutters, "Just in case I run out of ablative distractions." He touches the portion of the cube that's sunk in to offline the holomapper and the data assistant. A symbol of a snowflake briefly appears on one side of the cube. Jonathan then begins to seemingly randomize the cube as he passes out the door, towards the armory. "Perhaps, I still need this cube, for a long time coming."
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Suwako

Dus'Su follwed Pal to the armory. Walking at the same speed. Analizing Along the way, his build, the way he moved, aswel as his equiptment and voice.

Malakin

Malakin hops out of his seat and follows Paladin to the armoury.

"Nice one with the parts Pal, Have we got any bodyarmour around? with out proper medical equipment we should keep the risk of being injured down to a minimum.."
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

bill

"Right, I'm off, seems to be the popular thing to do." Parsons followed Malakin and Paladin.

Azlan

Hayden zooms in and takes note of the pattern Jonathan used to 'randomize' the cube.  The information is uploaded to the cache in the encephalon and processed as well as the design of the snowflake.

As he followed the rest of the team out, he stuck his tongue out as he mulled the idea of the rations in his head, "that stuff is always so... bleh."

He followed down the corridor after everyone else with is hands in his pockets, he considered the monumental change this expedition meant and his heart skipped a beat, a great wash of apprehension took hold of his soul.  Hayden stopped and as everyone continued, he braced himself against the wall.  He breathed a heavy sigh, shook his head and continued behind everyone.

I wonder if he made the security system a little more complex, the first time was easy to crack.  Almost got tossed outside for that one... hadn't even been here a month.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Arcalane

Fortunately it doesn't take long to reach the Armoury, and when you get there, the Commander punches in the access code, the two heavy metal doors creaking open slowly, although he does have to apply some manual leverage to speed the process up once or twice, uttering words best not repeated in front of small children.

Stepping inside, he flicks the lights on, then steps over to a panel into the middle of the room and punches in a further three codes. Three short bleeps sound, then there's a 'pop', and the sound of several systems powering down.

"Right, that's the security protocols handled... now, let's see what's behind door - or rather, box lid - number one!"

Without further ado, he hefts up one crate like a toy and rips the lid off, peering inside.

"Mmm, Laser Pistols. Grade 5, as predicted. Markov series.. I personally prefer the Emerald series, but they're only Grade 7 to Grade 10. Big hitters, but poor refire..."

He sets the box down again, hefting one of the pistols and checking the power cell. It's not exactly small for a pistol, but it's not huge. Satisfied, he pushes the pistol back into the foam inside the crate.

"Seems good... what else do we have... mmm, let's try this crate."

Again, he takes open another crate, pulling out a fairly old looking assault rifle.

"Eh, bit beat up, but there you go... anyway, you kids have a run of the place and tell me when you're done."

(Specify where you're searching, and what you're searching for, and I'll post the results - you can search multiple times if you want, don't be afraid to turn things upside down and inside out, you never know what you might find!)

There are several wall racks, a couple of lockers, half a dozen supply crates, and a few smaller boxes here and there.

Paladin Sheppard

Paladin searches the wallracks, one of the lockers labled -Sheppard and several of the small boxes looking for his Ghillie-suit a rifle case, ammo, some food and some armor aswell as some personal coms systems

Suwako

recoil looked through some crates searching for heavy firearms, High firerate or Enormous damage and it didn't matter if it had a lot  of reciol since Dus'Su was designed to be able to even handle heavy antitank miscless while standing. His scanners where going through all the boxes.

Malakin

Malakin look around the room, paladin already going through his old stuff and Dus'Su doing something weird with the crates..
He then Joins them, enthusiastically opening and searching through the old lockers and smaller boxes... looking for metal or ceramic and heat absorbent inserts for any armour they might find, as well as looking for flares/nightvision goggles, GPS units, 9mm caseless ammo, military smallarm power packs, he looks in the smaller boxes for breaching charges and detonators a Geiger counter if one can be found, as well as inspecting the old assultrifle to see if its worth the bother..

*Edit: also looking for a reflex sight and light attachment for the newly upgraded Falcon ^.^

Escape will make me God.
"

Magic

Jonathan scanned the room with a glance, then went to the crates. He needed key components (of which he might have to disassemble the weapons) from the energy weaponry (magnetic bottle systems, miniaturized ray tubes, electronics), a reliable plasma pistol for a stable platform work on, an overcharger from some of the older models of laser pistols, an old kinetic rifle, and finally a bunch of fuel cells. His plans were to bolster the effective range of the plasma weaponry by overcharging the magnetic bottle systems that held the plasma bolts. Unfortunately he needed systems that can withstand the strain, and more importantly the overcharger. The latter was only available to the Emerald series of laser pistols-- of which the Commander's prospects weren't promising. He also needed a rifle, so he can assemble everything on top of one neat stock.

Of course, he needed tools.

Jonathan then stopped his ongoing series of thought, and looked at Paladin. Trying his best to 'smile'. "Can I please have your toolkit for a moment?" It took all his willpower to ask nicely, it seems.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

bill

There was a locker marked "P. Federal", and that was all Parsons needed to see. He pulled out a woodstock sniper rifle, a heavily modified Conrad/Collins LR4 that had seen much use over the years. Not by him, though. He'd purchased it off one of the friends of his brothers, the guy who also modified it for him, name of Geoff Nodstrom. He'd given it an extended clip of 15 rounds versus the standard 10, and made it fire at an amazing 3600 feet per second. The modifications also made the rifle very heavy, which was a slight shame. Parsons had replaced the original scope, which was broken, with a Northern Optical X8 scope, which had the advantage of having nightvision capibilities. He then pulled out a smallish machine pistol, in case, God forbid, they let anyone get close to them.

He took ammunition, and batteries. He then checked his other supplies in the locker.

Windproof lighter, full. Taken.
Matchbook, "Deni and Mathis' Pub! 24/7! 555-1942!", not taken.
Calculator that had to be about 75 years old, not taken.
LED signal flashlight with flashbulb, taken.
Textbook, Advanced Architecture, sticky note "Return by 2/7/58!" not taken.
Owners guide, "Your Conrad/Collins LR4 and You", not taken.
Crimson Ox Energy Drink, consumed.
Lockpick, taken.
Shortrange radio, taken.

Paladin Sheppard

Shrugging Paladin turned to one of the work benches in the room and pulled a large box from under it. Opening the box a vast array of tools and equipment for the modification and maintance of weapons was revealed. "I only had the small one to do Malakin's falcon, have fun!" Turning back to search Pal also went looking for one of the assault rifles his squad brought in and a silencer for his guardian 10 pistol.

Azlan

Hayden noted the new voice recognition part of the security system, "nice, that wasn't there when I first snuck in here." 

Pouring through all the crates, lockers and boxes, Hayden looked for just about anything that would be useful.  Medical kits, personal body armour, portable personal computer and possibly a plasma weapon if one could be found.  If not he would settle for a mixture of heavy kinetic pistol and a laser pistol.  He was hoping to locate a better laser pistol then what was initially discovered, but would settle for what he was able to find.  He also tried to narrow down the functional gear, tents, sleeping bags, field kits and survival gear.

He left the acquisition of significant combat gear to the fighting types.

Arcalane

A rather battered looking flak jacket and SR sit, huddled in the corners of Sheppard's locker, two spare clips on the upper shelf. The camo suit is nowhere to be seen, not that it'll be much use in an urban environment!

Pulling open one of the smaller boxes reveals six headsets, complete with a camera, HUD display glasses, earphones and mic. Snazzy. The only food you can find is more rations. The use-by-date is marked 01/01/2200. A good or a bad sign? You decide.

~~

There's very little in the way of heavy firearms. In fact, in terms of firepower, the best that can really be found is a plasma pistol. In terms of size and recoil, a kinetic assault rifle. Take your pick.

~~

No armour inserts to be found, but a couple of flak jackets similar to the one in Sheppard's locker can be found in bigger boxes, bringing the total up to three jackets. A quick search pulls up two small cardboard boxes with roughly 20 flares each, to boot, although there's not a pair of NVGs around at all. Given that most satellite systems are still screwed up, GPS is buggerall use (nevermind the fact that the GPS Modules have dead batteries) and there's no charges or detonators. Geiger counters are easy enough to find, too.

There are several ARs, in fact. They're all of one type, and look roughly like an AK-47. Admittedly, they work better, but they look similar.

~~

Taking apart a laser pistol and a plasma pistol is easy enough, the magnetic bottle and electronics coming out easily enough. The miniaturized ray tubes prove recalcitrant at first, but eventually give and are removed.

Unfortunately, the overcharger is not so forthcoming - mostly because the laser pistols they could be acquired from aren't proving too easy to find. (Roll Failure)

~~

Also on a bad note, the only magazine Parsons can find for the rifle has five shots, although there are two full magazines available for the SMG. (Oh please, like I'd let you get away with all that -and- plenty of ammo. HA!)

~~

Several simple field-med kits are easy enough to find, simple affairs with bandages, painkillers and such. Another suit of flak armour brings the count up to 4, but there's no sign of a PDA or similar. Thankfully, there's more than one Plasma Pistol - given that Dr. Miller took one apart earlier.

A thorough search turns up a Markov Series 7 - a Grade 6, rather than a Grade 5, Laser - but not old enough to house an overcharger as required by Dr. Miller.

Survival goodies are easy enough to find - tents, sleeping bags, and after some extended searching, two six-packs of self-heating baked beans (Heinz, naturally) which might make a nice change from the standard rations.

Suwako

Dus'Su picks up a plasma pistol and attaches it a a specially foldable designed gun holder attached to his hip. He Takes the Kinetic assault file and holds in in one hand and scans it some more trying to determine its affective range and accuracy. Also weighing it for possibility of using it with one hand when needed. He then starts the search for additional magazines designed or compatible  for with the assault rifle.

Magic

Jonathan stifled a curse upon finding absolutely no Emerald pistols, and assessed the situation.

"This isn't working." He looked to the Commander. "Can't you at least be wrong, this once? It couldn't hurt, you know. --- Bah. You're right, there aren't any Emeralds in here at all. Figures since the Emerald was a better gun than the Markov. They'd toss the junk here."

Jonathan sighed, and shrugged. Without an overcharger, the thing would be more a plasma shotgun than a rifle. He will have to improvise a power system out of what remained of the disassembled parts he had not taken from the weapon; which is not much considering he just took out almost everything. He had to find a better way than digging deeper into a bottomless pit. He tries to eye the stuff that the others took out from their own searches, he takes particular interest in the GPS system that Sheppard took out of his locker. The thing looked ancient, and inoperative. Plus the wars probably blew up most GPS sattelites, it would be foolhardy to try to use it. Fortunately, it has the parts he needs. A recharger, that was built in for long trips; one that he can easily convert into something relatively similar to an overcharger, given a few parts from the disassembled laser pistol's power system.

Failing that, he will have to go with the plasma 'shotgun'. At least it would still hurt, but it would be significantly more idiotic to use it against a vehicle; with what having to stand right in front of an oncoming car to be able to hit it effectively. That would be truly daft.

Bah, this is forcing me to be 'nice'. I don't do nice.

He drops his facade, and asks Paladin politely again. "Hey --uhh. If you're not going to use that GPS tracker, can I -please- have it? I don't think any of the sattelites are working."

Jonathan almost coughed and puked at saying please, but he just manages to say it without sounding the least bit rude-- he hopes.

bill

"Oops", Parsons muttered under his breath. Thanks to the creative modifications that Geoff had made to the clip holder, the 5 standard size clips he had in his locker did not fit.  And, the only 15 shot clip he had left was about half empty.

"Five shots, what the hell can I do with five shots?"

He smiled.

Paladin Sheppard

Pausing his search Pal turns the overseer "Sir you haven't seen my Ghillie-suit have you? I could have sworn I stashed it in here..." Grabbing the bodyarmor, Silencer, rifle case plus ammo, comms units and the food Pal also grabs a combat harness and loads some extra 10mm clips for the guardian into it. Thinking about it he also picks up a hands free hydration kit.

Placing it all on the workbench Pal puts on the armor then the harness and hydro kit, opening the case he pulls out the .50cal SM2a3 sniper weapons system and begins to assemble it.

Stopping as Jonathan asks for the GPS, Pal grabs one from the box behind him and hands it to the brain along with one of the comms units. "I've got it set to tac channel 26.61MHz should be ok"

Retuning to the rifle he quickly finished, selecting the 4-15x power electonic scope Pal atached it along with a bipod and a cheak pad.

As Persons compain about his limited ammo Pal remarks under his breath "one shot one kill."

Turning to Malakin he holds out one of the other sights in the case and one of the comms "I've got a reflex sight here for the falcon if you want it?"

Malakin

Malakins ears droop as he searches through the last box in front of him..
"Humph, guess this will do.." He scoops the stuff up in his arms and dumps it on a crate next to him..
"Lets see.. over all we have enough body armour, as poor as it is.. we also have 8 flares each, not including our tin friend here.. and a small Geiger counter each.. Oh and this assult rifle for me.. Thats all i found, what about you guys?"
Malakin looks around at what everyone else has, notices the headset and sight offered to him and pounces, ears perked up again..
"Hah, sweet! do they work? They don't need to be charged or anything do they?" After fitting the sight to his pistol He stuffs his cap in his pocket and tries the headset on.. Finding the HUD dark he fumbles about for an on switch and flips it..

OoC: any thing specific we should know about the HUD or camera on the headsets?

Escape will make me God.
"

Paladin Sheppard

Ater handing the sight and comms to Malakin, Paladin takes the SM2a3 to a sand barrel in the corner and dry fires it to ensure the parts are working. Satisfied he puts the rifle back on the bench and returns to searching for his Ghillie-suit.

*OOC I believe they are something like what is worn by the ghosts in GRAW*

Azlan

Hayden dusts off the plasma pistol, gathers up medical supplies and points to the armour, "any of you fighting lads need a suit of Flak armour?"

He makes one last look through the crates, wall racks and the like, trying to see if he can find a high-tech medical kit.  n the process, he picks up a conventional 10mm firearm as a backup for the plasma weapon.

He does watch, with a tad bit of a snicker, as Dr. Miller tries to act with courtesy.

"This is quite the fun show to watch, I'm like a kid in a candy store with all this gear... and I get real personal comedy from watching you two."

Magic

One more stunt like that, and I might end up turning purple, growing butterfly wings and antennae. Eigh.

Jonathan looked at the parts he had strewn across the floor, in order of assembly, the GPS unit in front of him. He can finally begin assembling the rifle itself. As he reaches for his tools, he recalls a comment that a rookie once told him in the test tooling laboratory. 'Some doctors have the messiah complex—they need to save the world. You have a Rubik's complex—you need to solve the puzzle.' It was quoted from some ancient television show about some jerk of a doctor. Must have sucked. He, at least, was right though. I'm always solving puzzles, and never caring about the world. The more weapons I make, the faster the world went to hell. Then the apocalypse came.

Jonathan put his goggles on, and as he started to take out the recharger from the GPS unit, he thought about the world, and what he is doing now.

Here's to the end of the world.

Arcalane

Quick calculations put the rifle's maximum range at around 200m, the optimum at about 100m, not compensating for recoil, weather conditions and automatic/burst fire ammunition dispersion, and effective accuracy is... let's just say "sub par".

Firing one handed would be possible, but it's rather heavy, so there'd be an accuracy penalty, even for a 'mech.

After a few minutes of searching, all Dus`Su can turn up is a single magazine for the assault rifle. (Bad luck w/ the dice! ;))

~~

The headset springs to life, the HUD displaying a rather useful view of the room, complete with thermal imaging. That's quite handy, actually! (Tie breaker die roll... lucky bugger xD)

Further inspection shows that the HUD can display a camera feed from any nearby active headsets.

~~

Fruitless searching turns up no signs of the suit apart from a single small shred of the materials used. (Evil dice.  >:3)

~~

Dr. Khail manages to find no less than three kits. Unfortunately, they don't all have the same bits. Fortunately, they all have bits the other ones don't have, so you can fit it all into one kit. Handy that. (Unevil dice. :3)

~~

The GPS Module isn't a pretty sight, and removing the recharger is no easy task. The Module is so old and battered, the recharger actually refuses to be seperated from the board. Forcing it might cause it to break entirely, but on the other hand, it might get it free without damaging. Care to try again?

bill

Ignore

Magic

The logical solution: If I can't remove the recharger from the board, I'd remove the board from the recharger.

Jonathan works his way -around- (a good distance) the vital component with a cutter tool. He doesn't care if the recharger has extra bits of material stuck to it's outer casing, it would still be quite functional as it is, and it would be significantly easier as well as less risky to remove it this way.

Malakin

Malakin mutters "Sweeet" again, moving his hand back and forth infront of the infared cameras on the headset, then snaping out of it he turns off the Hud and returns to looking through the boxes, this time he is looking for a good backpack and ammo for the assultrifle and his pistol..

Escape will make me God.
"

Azlan

Hayden assembles his one complete kit from the three and placed in near the entrance with what rapidly became his pile of gear that he'd be carrying.  Among such items were a tent, sleeping bag, self-heating baked beans, a headset, etc.

"Did anyone locate any power cells?"  If not, Hayden begins rummaging around a bit more.  In addition to power cells, he needs to locate some 10mm ammo for the pistol.

Other then that he will wait until the others are finished, or they can think of anything else to search for.  "Anything else you all think we might need?"

bill

"Some 2-way radios might be useful. Anyone see any?"

Paladin Sheppard

Handing Parsons one of the comms headsets, Paladin goes back to searching for the suit the the point of upturning some of the boxes. Standing he askes the others "Hey guys anyone seen a thermal suppressing suit with netting and a lot of canvas strips stuck to it?"