Things YOU can Change on Your Account Profile

Started by Damaris, September 08, 2005, 07:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

All of these are things you can change yourself by going to your personal profiles page, beyond the normal e-mail and password.  If you can't figure out how to do it yourself, PM me, and I will change it for you.

Display Name- While you will still need to log in with your old name, you can make it so everyone sees your new name.  So, if I change my display name to, say, Elaine... I would log in still as Damaris, but everyone would see Elaine.  If people abuse this, though, it will go away. (found in "account related settings")

Custom Title- Shows up with your postin rank underneath your name. The rank, however, you're stuck with.  Do not confuse Custom Title and Personal Text, though. (Found in "Forum profile information")

Avatar and Personal Text- This shows up farther down (personal text is underneath the avatar). (found in "forum profile information") Please note that they are limited to 175x175, or they will not work.

Sig, Gender, etc.- Have fun.  Hopefully it's self-explanatory. (found in "forum profile information") Sigs are limited to 500x500.

Board Themes- The lovely color schemes.  It's small and hard to miss.  (It's the first option on the "look and layout preferences")

Quick Reply, Avatar and Sig. Veiw Options- (Found in Look and layout preferences)

Have fun customizing!

Resizing Images:

Helpful information from Aiyno Wolf:
If you haven't got a good program for resizing there is an online one.

http://kategorie.cz/
http://www.resizeimage.4u2ges.com/index.asp

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Crate

Uh...okay.

:froggie Three cheers for customization.

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Achirio

Darkmoon

Well the mods and the admins can. I would assume you prolly could too...

Hrmmm, that's really full featured, when you think about it.

Helena

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

yes, and yet not everyone pays attention to what they can and can't do, and sometimes people get confused. Thus, an FAQ. Kinda the point of these things.

Sin Ominous

I can't seem to change my avatar. I paste in the new image's location, and do "Change Profile", and then when I look at the profile again, the pasted url is gone. As such, I have a red x (or blue question mark in Safari) or empty. What gives?

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

Done.

I remember having a hard time getting mine to take before.  It's probably the same thing.

Destina Faroda

Thank you!  Hooray!  Here we go Steelers.  Here we go.
Sig coming...whenever...

Robo-AgentKiri

that's a lotta changes. wow. smileys rule. this forum rules. :zombiekun

Damaris

ilpalazzo

Destina Faroda

Since this is a sticky thread, I hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy.  In any case, I just wanted to update that despite some of the problems the board has had recently, within the past couple of weeks, I have been able to change my display name, signature, and avatar.  As recently as April I was unable to do this, but now it works fine.
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

no, this would not count as thread necromancy, since this is also a place to post if you're having problems.  (which is why it's stickied- the same goes for the Photo Album thread when it's reopened)  I'm glad to hear you're not having problems, though.

olroxshade

like my name? sure this is the irst and last time who I change my name. :januscat

Nimrods Son

Ahm, it looks as though I had "no permission" to activate any of the viewing skin  other than the basic skin.. is it because of my system admin or does anyone of the moderators have to change my skin? I haven't tried it from a different internet connection, though.

Darkmoon

No, that's the forum having issues with the server. It's nothing i can really rfix here, but we're looking into switching servers, which should remedy the issue.

Suwako

Thanks for the reference Damaris. I always like to be helpful.

Damaris

It was a good helpful hint.  Karma points for you ;)

Suwako

Quote from: Damaris on July 09, 2006, 02:28:12 PM
It was a good helpful hint.  Karma points for you ;)

And also a Karma point for you Damaris  :)