Haz's 3D Modelling Thread (Anybody got some 3D glasses?)

Started by xHaZxMaTx, July 09, 2006, 02:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

As long as it's not red. You know how that car insurance is.

Zedd

Or plain pearl white....Oyi..Too many here

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Yep, awesome 3D skills! I want to do 3D stuff again!  xD

xHaZxMaTx

Jack McSlay

looks very nice... the last wireframe one looks like something from GT races, are you making them or are modelling after existing cars

on the machine issue,
an extra PC only for rendering could help a lot, maybe be of better help than a video card that is the cost of a PC alone. my friend >thedarkbanditking< does renders that overs 1M polys and does fine by having an extra PC for rendering and then keep modelling on his main PC. and since it's like TW said, a lot is done still via software, so a plain 3d card is not a solution alone. like, I highly doubt any AGP/PCI-EX 3d card around does displacement mapping.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

GundamX67

Nice stuff so far! Couldn't Goggle Sketch up work as well? That's what I use...

Keep up the good work!

xHaZxMaTx

If you have 3-D glasses, tell me if this works. :C  BTW, that's a screenshot from halo, and I didn't really know where else to put this...

Kitome Feathertail

Well crud, I should have kept the 3-d glasses from when I saw chicken little in 3-D, oh well, well I don't know if it works but you make some pretty cool 3-d models, I'm taking an intro to 3-d animation class and we had to do a little modeling in maya, maybe I'll put some of my stuff up, anyway, you do a pretty sweet job.

James StarRunner

Gah, I'd love to tell you if it works, but I don't even have the materials to make my own 3-D glasses.

Zedd

Okay I know I shouldnt had but I am wearing some right now and it made me go...Whhhoooaa

Supercheese

I've got some - it looks nice! *stares*

The tree and the two walkway thingies don't have depth, though.

Still, good job! How does one do things like this?

EDIT: As a note, I have to turn my glasses upside-down for it to work... I dunno why this is.

xHaZxMaTx

Bah, I must have gotten the colors mixed up.

All you need to do is take two pictures/screenshots from two different angles focusing on a single point.  Put them in Photoshop as two different layers with the left picture being on the bottom.  Take the brush tool, set it to 'screen' and go over the first layer with red.  Do the same to the second layer only with turquoise.  Then change the opacity of the top layer to 50%.  Ta-da!