Pegasus call for Military Drill

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, July 28, 2008, 02:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hey, Folks.

Just a heads up - Agnu has called for a military drill on the 2nd August; Air Raids only.

ie, we are to perform air attacks on someone, as requested, on the 2nd. They'll tell us who on the 1st.

At this point, we should be packing up our war chests and girding our loins, or something.

More details as and when they come to hand...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

A few more details...

This is a mandatory military exercise for all Pegasus members.

If you need monies to develop an airforce, please speak up now.

Are you going to be our military coordinator for this, llearch?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Valynth

I've got my forces ready...

20 fighters and 30 bombers.  Both the best you can get.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tezkat

Excellent. I don't think you need quite so many bombers, though. Most people go with around a 4:1 fighter to bomber ratio, since you only need 5-10 of the top bombers to inflict full damage on a run.

Anyways, it's my understanding that we'll be using fighters only in order to limit the damage we'll be inflicting to each other. This is a coordination/readiness exercise to prepare us for the conflict(s) looming on the horizon...

Valynth

Ah, okay then, I'll just shift my forces around a bit.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kasarn

Darkdragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on July 29, 2008, 01:03:40 AM
Are you going to be our military coordinator for this, llearch?

I couldn't co-ordinate a fight out of a wet paper bag.

Incidentally, 60 F-22 Raptors out of a possible 50; that lack of construction is annoying. :-/

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 29, 2008, 06:27:20 AM
Incidentally, 60 F-22 Raptors out of a possible 50; that lack of construction is annoying. :-/

Well, you do have enough tech to buy the rather expensive Aircraft Carriers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm.

I guess I can do that. It annoys me, though, since it's 8 million worth of wet stuff... none of which I'll need unless I'm actually attacking someone.

I'm a pacifist at heart. :-/

Tezkat

If you're large enough to buy them, it stands to reason that you're large enough to be on the receiving end. Blockades and such look like they can pwn you in war, which is largely about doing enough economic damage to an enemy that they can no longer fight back. Aircraft Carriers, even though they can't break blockades, are otherwise efficient naval strength for the upkeep.

I'm buying a bunch, since I don't have much else to spend my money on. >:]

Tezkat

Target lists will be posted on Friday. Ideally, we should try to quad, which would mean attacking Friday night 10 minutes before the update, and again right after.

Server update times, for reference...

10 PM PDT
11 PM MDT
12 AM CDT (Server Time)
1 AM EDT
5 AM GMT
6 AM BST
7 AM CEST
3 PM AEST

That's everyone, right?

Please give us an idea of our availability on Friday/Saturday, so we can sort targets and such. If you can't make it at all this weekend, please let us know. The powers that be will need a report on our deployment plans several hours before the war goes live.

The exercise should only last a day.

This is probably our last chance to get our acts together before the real thing. I'd be amazed if someone didn't find an excuse to start another server war before the end of the summer, and it will certainly involve us and our allies this time.

EDIT: Seriously, I suck at timezones. I think I got it right this time... :animesweat)

llearch n'n'daCorna

No can do early morning stuff.

I can wander past three or four hours after update, but not at update. 5am is just that wrong time of the day for me.

Having said that, I'm all up for hammering into them, if that's what's wanted. I've even been building up my navy...

Tezkat

It'll be a good test of our coordination, at least. The last war suffered from severe time zone difficulties and RL interference.

Everyone should keep in mind that there's a good chance of us seeing a "real" war sometime soon now, so it's a good idea to start working on warchests and stuff.

Incidentally, Pegasus has a new forum. llearch and I have been masked as military officers there, so I'm not sure how much of the backroom dealings the regular Pegasus members can see, but registering there would be useful for those of you interested in keeping abreast of things in our little bloc.

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on July 30, 2008, 12:41:10 PM
10 PM PDT
11 PM MDT
12 AM CDT (Server Time)
1 AM EDT
5 AM GMT
6 AM BST
7 AM CEST
1 PM AEST
Could you please change that to the format (GMT +/- n)? I'm not very sure of my area abbreviation.

Also, a clarification: Would "August 2nd" be the night of the 1st and the morning of the 2nd or Night of the 2nd and morning of the third? And would it be referring to server time?

Tezkat

Bleh... and here I thought I was making it easier for everyone. :animesweat

Server update times...

10 PM PDT (Western USA/Canada, GMT -7)
11 PM MDT (Mountain USA/Canada, GMT -6)
12 AM CDT (Server Time, Central USA/Canada, GMT -5)
1 AM EDT (Eastern USA/Canada, GMT -4)
5 AM GMT (GMT +0)
6 AM BST (Britain, GMT +1)
7 AM CEST (Central Europe, GMT +2)
3 PM AEST (Eastern Australia, GMT +10)

Most wars and big events in CN are dated in CN time (CST/CDT), so that would be Friday-Saturday, but I'll ask to make sure.

Kasarn

Update is at 3pm AEST :P

If it has been set, the forum gives the local time in user profiles.

Tezkat

Bleh, I told you I suck at timezones, didn't I?

Fixed.

Darkdragon

I am currently on vacation in Malaysia (GMT+8) So that would make the Fri/Sat update around 1PM... on Saturday.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, it's 2 August here. I don't see any lists of who we should be attacking.

Perhaps I'm not masked?

Tezkat

I don't see anything either... though we do have the same mask.

In response to my date question, Agnu did reply that he thought the op was going to run Saturday-Sunday rather than Friday-Saturday, though he never did get back to us to confirm.

Ah well... I'm sure they'll tell us what's going on when they're good and ready. :animesweat

Tezkat

Okay... official word is that the drill has been pushed back to Monday, August 4th. That means that we attack just before the August 5th update (Monday night for most.)

Stay tuned for more...

James StarRunner

Well... I have a fleet of pathetic little planes and they are ready to do some pathetic damage. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. About then would be when I buy my next wonder...

So much for collecting monies...