'Ello

Started by Jak Shadwin, July 25, 2008, 08:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jak Shadwin

How ya doin'? Found ya site last night and blazed through the archives. I really like the story and world. I think its hilarious how Amber deprecates her work so much, when it is quite excellent. Oh, and I think I've only missed one or two old obscure video game / cartoon references (Capt N was the shiznit!)

Jairus

Well, welcome to the Clockwork Mansion, Jak Shadwin! My name is Jairus (pronounced "Jay-rus") and let me welcome you aboard. Play nice with other people, read and follow the rules, don't cross the mods, don't piss off the Box, and be wary of people trying to give you advice: they're out to get you. Bye now!

By any chance, are you a fan of Jak and Daxter?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jak Shadwin

Jak and Daxter is an ok series but my nik is from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. There is a song about dancing with "Jak O' the Shadows" that I really liked so I named a character in an RPG I was playing at the time after it. I liked it and I've stuck with it lol!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah. Originality. So nice to see it. *cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Quote from: Jak Shadwin on July 28, 2008, 08:23:03 PM
Jak and Daxter is an ok series but my nik is from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. There is a song about dancing with "Jak O' the Shadows" that I really liked so I named a character in an RPG I was playing at the time after it. I liked it and I've stuck with it lol!

Well, you don't strike me as the most common Robert Jordan-reader, but I'll certainly commend you for that reference. And personally, I always found Mat the most personally sympathetic of the leads. Then again, he's the only one who seems to stubbornly refuse being completely pussy-whipped, so...

I've always found that's the one damn element of those books that irritates me. The feminazis.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stygian on July 28, 2008, 08:52:33 PM
I've always found that's the one damn element of those books that irritates me. The feminazis.

To be fair, the setting pretty much demands their existence, to the exclusion of any other type in the controlling sect.

After all, it's to be expected that if you spend 400 years being smarter and more powerful than everyone else, and everyone else listens to you, that you'd start behaving like that was more or less how the world works. Makes sense to me.

... Real Life is somewhat different, but that doesn't stop certain sections of the community from trying to take over...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jak Shadwin

I must admit that I am some what confused. Was the originality comment sarcastic or truthful?

And yes Matrium Cauthon is by far my fav of the series. I feel that sometimes he's a winy B, but hey, in our inner monologue, aren't we all sometimes?

Zedd

Umm hello there. Glad to see a new face and then