[Art] Amber's Commission hoarde: (Random: Huuuugs)

Started by Amber Williams, July 22, 2008, 09:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

*snips price text*
This is basically where I am gonna throw the images I do for commissions.  Occasionally I will be taking commissions, but more than likely it will be a gajillion years in between.

Feel free to stop by and see what is done and what is being done. If/when I am done with the group I am working on, odds are I will change the title to alert that I am acception commissions again.

Currently owe:
Keaton: (FINISHED)
Tapewolf: (Paid: Sketching Phase)
Jairus: (Paid: Deciding which image Phase)
Reese: (Paid: Rrr...braaaainz...)

Take care !

-----
Misc stuff:
Niche the turtle-taur
Hugs

Sunblink

Take all of my money.

How's that for interest? :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal prepares a PM of joy and references.

Reese Tora

I must have one!

but what to get? *ponder*
(I still havn't figured out what I want in my commision from Zina, and I paid for that over a year ago!)

oooh, I know, I'd like... wait, no... not that... umm...

can I pay you now and figure out what I want later? (not the best idea, You may end up waiting longer for me to decide than I would wait for you to finish it :3 )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

I am very interested Amber: count me in!

I've already exchanged PMs with you, but just in case something accidentally gets deleted, I said that basically anything having to do with Jyrras (and I meant it when I said that I'd be happy with basically anything that you want to do), and I think that I'll pay for the "full color real medium." Thanks again!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

If people want to put money down for an "IOU", that is more than ok with me. I just gotta warn that there is a chance that when you do get your idea, I will be in the middle of something busy so it may be a bit long in getting done. :U

Think of me as the Greyhound of art: It may take longer than expected and with several unexpected detours...but I will get you to your location. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

So... 50 for a wallpaper?

Hmm. I can do that. How about Shanna and Anna, in "big" form, with Hannah in between, all looking at Dan, and smirking? That'd work nicely, methinks.

... pity it's closed, otherwise I'd join the queue. Oh, well.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gareeku

Same here, though I wasn't about to stay awake until 2:45 in the morning to get a slot, as much as i would have loved to. :U

Amber Williams

If all goes well, I hope to actually start making a habit of doing commissions on a more regular basis.

Right now its more a "Can Amber Williams handle juggling the comic, owed updates, and commission?" crash-n-burn test.  Double so if I attempt to have a social life. :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

life? What's one of those? Where do you download it? ;-]

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 24, 2008, 06:09:32 AM
If all goes well, I hope to actually start making a habit of doing commissions on a more regular basis.

You have no idea how neat that sounds. I'm just warning you, however, that if you do that, people are going to start hating me for jumping on such opportunities and always commissioning something from you (it wouldn't always be Jyrras). Actually, you'd probably start hating me too...

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's an easy solution to that one.

Ban you, then open requests. Unban when the request list is full.

... what, you think Amber is too nice to do that?

Mao

Wait.. I hope I'm not the mystery peep.. I dun wanna be keeled.  D:   :<

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
There's an easy solution to that one.

Ban you, then open requests. Unban when the request list is full.

... what, you think Amber is too nice to do that?

On the other hand, I could become a regular source of commission income whenever one of these pops up...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't know if you noticed, Jairus, but she doesn't really have any difficulty finding buyers. Heck, at AC she was booked out before the doors opened on the dealer's room; that says something, right there.

The main issue is if she has the capacity to actually draw that much, without impacting on her comic, her other work, and her health. In reverse order of importance.

Anything she draws, she can probably sell, without straining too much. The idea is to spread the wealth out, so that nobody feels left out by never actually getting a request in.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2008, 10:47:07 AM
I don't know if you noticed, Jairus, but she doesn't really have any difficulty finding buyers. Heck, at AC she was booked out before the doors opened on the dealer's room; that says something, right there.

The main issue is if she has the capacity to actually draw that much, without impacting on her comic, her other work, and her health. In reverse order of importance.

Anything she draws, she can probably sell, without straining too much. The idea is to spread the wealth out, so that nobody feels left out by never actually getting a request in.

You make a good point. As always.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on July 24, 2008, 10:54:10 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

You make a good point. As always.

As do most cubes.  In fact they're often capable of 8 good points.

stiletto

You still owe me a commission from way back when. I was going to say something about it at AC, but that would have involved me speaking to you, which I don't do well.

Amber Williams

Quote from: stiletto on July 24, 2008, 10:21:57 PM
You still owe me a commission from way back when. I was going to say something about it at AC, but that would have involved me speaking to you, which I don't do well.

Am I really that scary at AC? :<

I spend so much time trying to come across as a completely approachable loser! :U

Well hit me with a PM then stiletto on the details rather than leave me hanging like this.

thegayhare

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 22, 2008, 11:10:33 PM

Think of me as the Greyhound of art: It may take longer than expected and with several unexpected detours...but I will get you to your location. :B

I can't be the only one who tooke that line the wrong way at first

"But Amber greyhounds are fast.  Thats why they are racing dogs. It doesn't make sense."

Course after a few seconds understanding sank in and I felt realy stupid

shadowterm

Quote from: thegayhare on July 25, 2008, 07:58:44 AM
I can't be the only one who tooke that line the wrong way at first

"But Amber greyhounds are fast.  Thats why they are racing dogs. It doesn't make sense."

Course after a few seconds understanding sank in and I felt realy stupid
Like the episode of two and a half men where the geeky brother's retarded girlfriend says "He's like getting in a taxi with a kangaroo for a driver. He may get up on the curb a few times, but he'll get ya there." Ahhh, that show was funny..
/)//w//(\

Amber Williams

Well now. May as well get this trainwreck-a-rolling. :U

(Click the Image to see!)

Ze good:
I like the shadow. If only cause the face makes me laugh everytime I look at it.  Granted it was supposed to look more cool than doofy...but hopefully it isnt so doofy that Keaton gets mad. Truth be told my original concept was going to have a shadow Keaton making faces behind her, but Keaton requested non-silly.

AND STILL I FAILED. :U

Thats about all the good I can think of. ONTO THE SUCK!

Ze bad:
I likely messed up seven gajillion details on this image, and for that I am the sorry.  One of the big problems is to me...its incredibly busy and I couldnt personally tell which details I got wrong but odds are anyone familiar with the character will likely be able to point out the several gajillion details I missed.

Also bonked up the wings.

Also not sure if I like the text.

Also am displeased at the LAME BACKGROUND. I thought the shadow concept was cool...but maybe not cool enough to warrent ye old gradient background.

I still suck booty when it comes to shawl-shirts. :<

I suck even more booty when it comes to boots. Even with reference.

Ze conclusion: First commission is done, and it only took me practically a month and a half. Which is really mediocre of me.  I apologize to Keaton for making her wait.

Up Next: Tapewolfs commission.
(See you in a month most likely! :U)

Jairus

Wow... Amber... that's amazing! I love it... though I'm not speaking for Keaton obviously.

Tapewolf

I like the trail of darkness coming away from her hand.  There is something slightly murky about the background, but the figure is awesome.  I'm sure she'll love it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 24, 2008, 11:18:51 PM
Am I really that scary at AC? :<
I spend so much time trying to come across as a completely approachable loser! :U

The stick puppets helped.

Sunblink

I already sent a PM detailing the extent of my OVERWHELMING JOY (you have no idea how hard it is to not go on another love-tangent right now), but I believe it is appropriate to mention that I have converted from my original religion of Unitarian Universalism to the First Church of Mab.

Expect your first virgin sacrifice soon.

I mean, uh, money in your PayPal account. Yes. That's what I meant.

... ♥

WhiteFox

-The shadow:
I get a maniacal-I'm-gonna-rip-your-throat-out-and-giggle feeling the second I saw it. Awesomes.
-Text:
Very middle eastern. I'm somewhat familiar with that style of script (Nastaleeq, aka farsi. Wikipedia can make anyone look smart), and I think it's really well done. It looks cool.
-Boots:
Off the top of my head... laces usually only come halfway down the foot. Other then that, they look fine.
-Background:
If you had anything less then a generic background, it'd probably end up looking way too busy with the shadow.
-Wings:
I'll be honest... I'm not a big fan on how you draw wings, Amber. They don't really seem to have any bone or tendons to them. Course, I'm uptight about realistic anatomy.

In conclusion: stop being so harsh on your own work, dammit! It's farking amazing. (Between you and Alteisentier, I'm going to go into cardiac arrest one of these days) Go browse random submissions at VCL or DeviantArt, that always makes me feel better. Or look at year one of DMFA and remind yourself you're way better then that now.

I love the border treatment between the black and yellow fur, and I love the hair you draw. It's a nice compromise between realistically fibrous and anime shapes. I think the lower half of the face could use more definition, which is why I dislike colored lines: lack of contrast. Same goes for her vambrace and half gauntlet. I'd have colored the piping on the shirt white, instead of the pale gold, It'd improve definition readability.

Any, awesome all around. See you in a month.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Zedd

I'd take on one..Give me awhile to sort the money out if I can.
Of course it will lead to many things to wait but I will pay you..I promise that!

techmaster-glitch

...*stares in shock*...

...This art literally left my jaw dropped for some time when I first saw it :disbelief You have done something truly amazing here.

Amber Williams

And now for something completely different.

Not a commission, but more or less an old doodle I finally got around to colouring. Darkmoon would recognize this character.