[Art] Amber's Commission hoarde: (Random: Huuuugs)

Started by Amber Williams, July 22, 2008, 09:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

...A turtle-taur?

Heh. Good arts, as always. She's got some very meaty legs on her :giggle...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

Cool.

I love your feet and hands, the light and shadow describe the surface really well. The hair is lovely as ever. I like the texture on the shell, it's subtle. Gregory is cute too.

Once again I think the colored lines hurt the image. Contrast is good, after all, and having it all concentrated on the background and the shell... I dunno.

Man, those eyes are beautiful.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lysander

Dang, Amber commissions... I'm getting excited.     :januscat
TytajLucheek

Brunhidden

keats looks impressive, although i am somewhat disappointed she wont get much more use of the keatsicle

cant wait to see the full set of the commissions though, have no clue who all else signed up
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 07, 2008, 05:41:17 AM
cant wait to see the full set of the commissions though, have no clue who all else signed up

The list is in the first post.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2008, 07:07:14 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on September 07, 2008, 05:41:17 AM

The list is in the first post.

i be dumb, this fact has been long established

i also expected the list to be longer, but at least its a good lineup to look forward to

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber limited it to 5 people in her initial post; she also included prices, which she's now removed.

There was also a "hidden subscriber", originally; I wonder what happened to that?

Sofox

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 06, 2008, 03:09:24 PM
And now for something completely different.

I am shell-shocked!

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 05, 2008, 05:04:16 PM
I already sent a PM detailing the extent of my OVERWHELMING JOY (you have no idea how hard it is to not go on another love-tangent right now), but I believe it is appropriate to mention that I have converted from my original religion of Unitarian Universalism to the First Church of Mab.

Expect your first virgin sacrifice soon.

*backs slowly away*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Brunhidden

Jairus

Quote from: Sofox on September 08, 2008, 11:01:04 AM

*backs slowly away*
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 08, 2008, 03:35:10 PM
Heh. I'm safe, then.
Quote from: Brunhidden on September 08, 2008, 03:43:26 PM
yay for having produced spawn

Okay... this is getting a little disturbing. I'm going to go hide.

Get your filthy minds out of the gutter.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: Sofox on September 08, 2008, 11:01:04 AM

*backs slowly away*
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 08, 2008, 03:35:10 PM
Heh. I'm safe, then.
Quote from: Brunhidden on September 08, 2008, 03:43:26 PM
yay for having produced spawn

Okay... this is getting a little disturbing. I'm going to go hide.

Get your filthy minds out of the gutter.

Okay I'll follow you.. then Keats won't be a threat to you anymore....

Sofox

On the plus side, you've got the best chance of surviving a horror movie.

bill

Jairus

On topic (thank you bill), I think that the taurtle is really neat looking, Amber. Interesting design to make it work, but you made it work. I'm wondering, however, if that drawing/species is canon to DMFAverse, or just a non-canon doodle.

And I know how to survive a horror movie, thank you very much.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkmoon

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 05:16:33 PM
On topic (thank you bill), I think that the taurtle is really neat looking, Amber. Interesting design to make it work, but you made it work. I'm wondering, however, if that drawing/species is canon to DMFAverse, or just a non-canon doodle.

And I know how to survive a horror movie, thank you very much.

It was a character she made in the RPG we played, last time she was down in the States.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Amber Williams

Well since I has no computer, I may as well get to some sketching! La de da da~

Got Tapewolf's commission 1 part inked, 1 part sketched, and 1 part havent tried yet.  Gotta admit it feels really odd doing ye old generic standing poses for others. Normally I just do these for my own characters cause I know they tend to be boring...doing it for others makes me feel wierd since I cant help but feel I should be jazzing things up.  But I draw what be asked.

Also, apologizing in advance. I am 60% worried I may have made Dorcan a wee bit too beefcakey for his own good.  Odds are had I been actually intelligent, I would have read some more stuff or writings that involved him to get the personality and body type figured out better.  But I went under the assumption that Dorcan was a bit more on the muscled side than say...Dan.  Also, I may have in fact failed on his muzzle though I did give it a try. Once my computer it back I can scan and send out the inked preview.

I may be sending out a PM to Jairus next and soon.  Even though I have an idea for Tiger's piece...I am opting to let that one stir around a bit more cause I am still undecided on a few aspects. 

If I am smert and lucky, I should have Tapewolf's stuff inked and ready to throw down with colour once the compy is back.

BUT WE ALL KNOW HOW LUCKY I AM. :U

That is all to report.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 16, 2008, 10:48:47 PM
Gotta admit it feels really odd doing ye old generic standing poses for others. Normally I just do these for my own characters cause I know they tend to be boring...doing it for others makes me feel wierd since I cant help but feel I should be jazzing things up. 

I think making a character look dynamic, expressive, and generally interesting while they're just standing there doing nothing is one of the hardest things to pull off. On the other hand, I find it more effective when it works than an over the top dramatic pose when it does work.

Saying more with less, I suppose.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 16, 2008, 10:48:47 PM
Also, apologizing in advance. I am 60% worried I may have made Dorcan a wee bit too beefcakey for his own good.  Odds are had I been actually intelligent, I would have read some more stuff or writings that involved him to get the personality and body type figured out better.  But I went under the assumption that Dorcan was a bit more on the muscled side than say...Dan.  Also, I may have in fact failed on his muzzle though I did give it a try. Once my computer it back I can scan and send out the inked preview.

From the description it sounds like you're thinking along the right lines.  Dorcan is not supposed to be grotesquely overbuilt, but he is muscular enough that people can dismiss him as a jock.
If you have a digital camera, those work pretty well, at least to give a preview.  Far be it from me to say "You're doing it wrong!" but I am a little surprised that it's gone straight to ink.

Amber Williams

I has no digital camera. :<

I don't think I have ever actually owned a camera now that I think about it. :U

As for going to inks, it is true that I normally am of the type to scan the sketch for the initial preview before going into inking since if I made a mistake, it would be easier to fix via resketching than tweaking in Photoshop...but I confess I am taking a chance mainly cause I would rather have the images inked and ready for when I get my computer back than to hold off cause odds are I am gonna be hit with a wall of TO-DO when I do get access back and I would rather the commission be part of the pile than get re-shuffled behind other things simply because I wont feel like inking for a while.

Tapewolf

Amber Williams

I am sure if in doubt I can just bury the thing in lens flares and no one will know the difference! :>

*dodges thrown objects*

But I am not too worried.  Since the poses are simple, odds are if there are things that need to be fixed they will either be things I can easily do in Photoshop, or would be things I would have to redraw the whole image for anyways. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2008, 09:04:21 AM
I am sure if in doubt I can just bury the thing in lens flares and no one will know the difference! :>

Yay lens flares! ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2008, 09:04:21 AM
But I am not too worried.  Since the poses are simple, odds are if there are things that need to be fixed they will either be things I can easily do in Photoshop, or would be things I would have to redraw the whole image for anyways. 
Specifically it was the facial expressions I'm thinking of.  That said, they're liable to be fairly easy to tweak digitally (goodness knows, I've done it enough myself).  Anyway, that's the worse case... chances are it'll be fine.

Amber Williams

So I guess Jakob looking cross-eyed with his tongue sticking out is a no-go. :B

If the main concern is facial expressions, then I am not too worried. Tweaking facial expressions is always much easier than say, tweaking body poses.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2008, 10:42:48 AM

you don't see enough people draw how a doggy like him would react to a bellyrub

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2008, 10:42:48 AM
Let's just say I'd have to do a fair bit of post-production my end  >:3

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 17, 2008, 04:25:04 PM
you don't see enough people draw how a doggy like him would react to a bellyrub
That is something I hope I never get to see...