Town Cats

Started by Mystiqe, August 04, 2008, 12:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystiqe

[This was mentioned on a DMFA update, so I'm hoping this is in the right place..?]So, When I read Amber's Rant o' update about the Town Cats situation. My heart yearned to help spread the word. Which I did.  I posted a journal on my DeviantART telling my watchers about the cause, and I also asked my friend if he would spread the word too. He makes 'mini DDs' each week, and said he'd put a little thing in this weeks article to help spread the word. But he did more then I thought he was going to do!

"So a few days back, my friend (& Golden Fefcaine Award winner herself) =Mad-Cheshire told me about an important cause that she discovered & believed in. It's about a no-kill animal shelter called Town Cats, & how they try as hard as possible to get stray & abandoned kittens to loving homes. MC can show you more about it here: [link]

MC actually asked me if I could help spread the word about this, & beign an animal lover myself, I just had to pitch in. I told her that I could mention it in my journal, but that I'd even bring it up here in the Mini-DDs if I could find a way to get it to relate to something here...Possibly via a feature involving felines!

Alas, cat-related DD-worthy artwork just wasn't in the cards for me this week, & I really wanted to get one in...But then I had an idea. A way to find some excellent feline-related Deviations & help out Town Cats.

How, you may ask? Why, via all of you, of course!

Here's how it works: I seek cat-related Mini-DD suggestions from you. Yes, I am asking for your suggestions about what I may be able to feature here. Real DD-worthy stuff, going by the traditional DD suggestion rules (not too much with too many faves, nothing by anyone with a recent DD, etc.) Any category possible, be it anthro, cartoons, fan art, etc.

How does this help Town Cats, you may ask? Well, like this...For every Deviant who sends me note with the appropriate Mini-DD suggestions, I will personally donate fifty cents to Town Cats. I know, not much (I may increase it depending on the results), but as I need to save up for my moving away to P.E.I. in order to attend university this year, I'm afraid I can't spare a really large amount. But as a bonus, if one of your suggested Deviations ends up being featured next week, I'll add an extra five dollars (or maybe more) to the overall total. So there's a bit of an extra incentive for offering some prime DD-worthy stuff! "
That is part of the article ( found here http://news.deviantart.com/article/54522/ ) and I just thought that it needs some more coverage. So For those on DA, go and look up some kitty themed art [preferably not realistic] and help the cause if you cant yourself donate (: