Who's your favorite never (or rarely seen) character?

Started by Mao, July 16, 2008, 08:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 18, 2008, 03:09:22 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 17, 2008, 12:07:29 PM
Quote from: Chaos on July 17, 2008, 12:00:47 PM
Jy's Dad.

'Nough Said.

Actually, that's something that's kind of been bothering me: what does Seth do for a living? We know that Moira is a famous lawyer, and that a few of Jyrras' sisters became lawyers themselves (see Strip #665 here, and we know that Moira is also Jy's lawyer), but what did and what does Mr. Gianni do to help support seven kids (and an eighth on the way?)
Come on, with a lawyer in the family, how much more income is needed?  :evil :mowhappy

I come from a family where both of my parents held (and still hold) jobs. I'm not used to the idea of one parent not working. Besides, seven kids in a fairly small house (even if one of them is half the size of the other six) = both parents working. Then again, I guess Seth could have been a househusband, what with the seven kids thing.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

Ya know... I could totally see that. Moria makes the money, Seth takes care the twice-his-size kids.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 03:20:19 AM
Ya know... I could totally see that. Moria makes the money, Seth takes care the twice-his-size kids.

Ho boy... Imagine having ten-year old kids just as tall as you. Ouch. I bet he was glad when Moira finally had Jyrras: at least one kid who wasn't always looking down on him.

Naldru

At least the girls weren't likely to build anything that could blow up the house and much of the nearby neighborhood.  I believe that Jy counts as a mad (or at least annoyed) scientist and some of their inventions are known to make things interesting.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Quote from: Naldru on July 18, 2008, 01:57:10 PM
At least the girls weren't likely to build anything that could blow up the house and much of the nearby neighborhood.  I believe that Jy counts as a mad (or at least annoyed) scientist and some of their inventions are known to make things interesting.

Considering that Jyrras does in fact have an entry on the TV Tropes Mad Scientist page, I'd say that he counts as a mad scientist. I kind of get the feeling that Jyrras never really built anything dangerous when he was a kid, though. The way he talked about building things during the flashback sounds more like he tinkered and built little gadgets and stuff like that. Maybe Amber knows better, but frankly I'd be surprised if pre-Dan Jyrras built anything more dangerous than a potato peeler.

Auron

Would you believe Kria Soulstealer? Heh, her white and red pallete compliments my black and blue. Plus, I fall pretty hard for sharp teeth. So glad this comic is a work of fiction or she would be the death of me.

((Has been happy ever since she got a huge arch of story devoted to her and her duaghter.))

rocket_red1

personally? I like the banshees. no end of humor there. they are second only two their dad and mom.

Lena

Now you guys are making me want to see Seth and Moira again. I may love Kria, but those two I want to see more of too. I don't know why, their relationship just interests me. That would be a cute mini-arc: Seth and Moira dating/Seth dealing with the girls/etc.  :giggle

rocket_red1

Ramsey

I haven't seen myself in the comic for a while. Would like to see more of myself in the comic.

I'd like to think that my role in the storyline of this comic has become very important, and since Amber isn't one to skip out on delivering the best and most gripping story she can, I think tis is a must. Right? Right? :P

Goatmon

Quote from: Mowser on July 16, 2008, 01:58:35 PM
Quote from: Pagan on July 16, 2008, 01:42:31 PM
Anyone who knows me a little bit already knows what character I'm going to say.
Anyone who reads my sig already knows who I'm going to say.

Regina.

I have to admit I'm pretty curious about Regina as well.  I'd love to see what the deal between her and Dan is.

She must have had a big part in Dan's life, or at least his personal history at some point, if Amber was prepared to make a short-run comic about her. 

Mao

For sure.  Given the text from his flash back.. I think it might have been quite an interesting story to hear.  Obsessed stalker cubi for Dan maybe?

On another note, I wonder if I should keep a running tally on characters mentioned in this threat as being a favorite?  Though I suppose it wouldn't really serve any purpose but it might be an interesting thing to see.  I'd have to limit it to only the first one mentioned by each person if I did it I suppose.. but eh.. this is already sounding like too much work.

AmigaDragon

I thought she was a demon, and from images I've seen (skeletal wing) I'm wondering if she might be an undead demon.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tiger_T

"Who's your favorite never (or rarely seen) character?"

Regina of course. >:3 :3
She should've won the war! :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Pagan

Amen. And Dan should have won the war against Mab.

Too bad I wasn't a reader back then.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

rocket_red1

dan? beat mab? no way.mab is the funniest, thanks to the ability to go from  simple minded to master mind in 5 seconds is amazing.

Kenji

Ganurath

Quote from: Tiger_T on July 21, 2008, 02:20:20 PM

Who is Regina, what war are you talking about, and is she hot?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

Quote from: Ganurath on July 22, 2008, 03:37:49 AM
Quote from: Tiger_T on July 21, 2008, 02:20:20 PM

Who is Regina, what war are you talking about, and is she hot?

From what I have gathered, Regina is/was a demon that was interested in Dan. She appeared ONCE in canon, in a quick flashback shortly after Dan learned that he was a Cubi. The war was between her and Abel over who would get a story told about them: Abel won, and that's why we've got Abel's story. And, apparently she is hot. Let's see if I can find her appearance...

Ah, here she is. And here she is again.

Tiger_T

Well... She did get her wallpaper. [See?]

:mowsad But nothing since then. :kittydepressed
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Pagan

She was mentioned in the Dan vs. Mab wallpaper war. If Mab won, she would get her own arc soon. If Dan won, Regina would show up in the comic sooner. Since "All Hail Queen Mab" is over and done with, I'm hoping that Regina shall appear in this arc. Failing that, I hope she appears soon.

AmigaDragon

Anyone have any ideas/speculations why she has one skeletal wing (one of mine is that she might be a zombie demon)? She must be a significant character, since she already has a cast page (though still mostly empty). I guess we just have to wait  'til she shows up again.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tiger_T

DUH.  :rolleyes

What do you think we were doing all this time? :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

Ganurath

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

rocket_red1

Trying to figure out how to not run into everything you see?  working on depth perseption?

Ganurath

Quote from: Tiger_T on July 22, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
*evil tiger grin*
Guess again.
Something else that starts with fa and ends with ing?

Jairus

Reese Tora

My favorite character would eb the unnamed bunny.

He is unnamed because:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_188.php
he didn't get a chance to say it. :<

I'd like to see him come back as an undead or something (woo! wiggly!)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Azlan

I need more screen time!

Actually I'd like to see more bush... er, tumbleweed... the tumbleweed!
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"