Ask the All Purpose Fox

Started by ShadesFox, July 08, 2006, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 25, 2006, 01:17:16 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 24, 2006, 06:50:58 PM
Is there a way to find a cure for this and plant it in a pill?

Cure for what, seriously? I haven't been paying much attention so something's bound to go whistling past my head.
Don't you listen to the White Stripes? :(

Hilary

Quote from: Damaris on September 25, 2006, 06:14:08 PM
Out of curiousity-  If someone asks a serious question, do any of the APFs ever do research?  The library staffer in me wants to know.

I was wondering that, too-- the librarian's daughter in me wants to know. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks. I think.

Would it be possible for Damaris to look up the official answer in her Librarian mode? No rush, of course...

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

if i asked some one els to post my queston fore me (becaus of poor internet) is that consided cheating?
if i was given a cahses do you thinki i could make you dance?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Castle Pokemetroid

Were would I get a new door? The mario brothers don't sell that.

GabrielsThoughts

why does the earth spin counter clockwise?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Why is it bad luck that chopsticks stand up in rice?
Why do delays in video gameing make us all erk more and whip the programers?
Is it good if a person passes out after a few hours of consoming sugar awhile ago?

Gabi

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 25, 2006, 06:30:42 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 25, 2006, 01:17:16 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 24, 2006, 06:50:58 PM
Is there a way to find a cure for this and plant it in a pill?

Cure for what, seriously? I haven't been paying much attention so something's bound to go whistling past my head.
Don't you listen to the White Stripes? :(
No, I don't.

Quote from: Hilary on September 25, 2006, 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: Damaris on September 25, 2006, 06:14:08 PM
Out of curiousity-  If someone asks a serious question, do any of the APFs ever do research?  The library staffer in me wants to know.

I was wondering that, too-- the librarian's daughter in me wants to know. ;)
My answer is the same as T_T's. I do research whenever I feel like it.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2006, 06:36:25 PM
Thanks. I think.

Would it be possible for Damaris to look up the official answer in her Librarian mode? No rush, of course...

*Answers in APF mode.* Yes, it's possible. Now, if you want to know if she will do it, ask her. We're not her, someone with your intelligence should be able to tell the difference.

Quote from: e_voyager on September 25, 2006, 08:14:59 PM
if i asked some one els to post my queston fore me (becaus of poor internet) is that consided cheating?
if i was given a cahses do you thinki i could make you dance?
No, but if they're the same questions again, they will go unanswered. We don't like questions to be repeated again and again, it's annoying.
What's a cahses? I can dance, sort of. I can move along with the music in any case. If you want, I can do that.

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 25, 2006, 10:28:14 PM
Were would I get a new door? The mario brothers don't sell that.
Of course they don't, they're plumbers. Try asking a carpenter instead.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 25, 2006, 11:58:13 PM
why does the earth spin counter clockwise?
Because it spins clockwise too. It all depends on which pole you look at it from.

Quote from: Zedd on September 26, 2006, 06:38:02 AM
Why do delays in video gameing make us all erk more and whip the programers?
Is it good if a person passes out after a few hours of consoming sugar awhile ago?
Do you really think it is? Superstitious people will turn anything into an omen.
Define "us all". It seems to me you're just impatient, and I doubt the programmers are to blame; it's the people they work for who normally make the mistakes that lead to delays.
English, please? I don't consider people passing out a good thing, anyway.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aridas

Kenji

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 26, 2006, 09:15:42 AM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 24, 2006, 03:59:26 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 24, 2006, 12:36:46 PM
Should tetley be your sponsor?

Huh?
Can someone else give me a real answer to this question?

Tetley's ok, but there's a lot of companies more qualified. Like the one who makes Pixie Stix.. I know Azlan would love that. All the Stix he could eat.

Aridas

I assume you want Az to go nuclear?

Kenji

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 26, 2006, 10:32:32 AM
I assume you want Az to go nuclear?

It's proven quite interesting in the past, yes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on September 26, 2006, 06:48:48 AM
*Answers in APF mode.* Yes, it's possible. Now, if you want to know if she will do it, ask her. We're not her, someone with your intelligence should be able to tell the difference.

True. I apologise, profusely, for interrupting your day with inane questions, and will go and commit seppuku immediately, soas not to burden your existence any further.

... just as soon as I get an answer or two more. Just one or two. No big deal...

Just how do fluorescent lights work? I know the basics - gas in them, send spark, excites gas, it lights up - I was looking for more detail - why these particular gases, which gases, etc?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 26, 2006, 10:34:15 AM

True. I apologise, profusely, for interrupting your day with inane questions, and will go and commit seppuku immediately, soas not to burden your existence any further.

... just as soon as I get an answer or two more. Just one or two. No big deal...

Just how do fluorescent lights work? I know the basics - gas in them, send spark, excites gas, it lights up - I was looking for more detail - why these particular gases, which gases, etc?

I could answer, but I don't want you to do that, so I won't.

Roureem Egas

Slightly different answer: the Japanese consider it to bebad luck because sticking chopsticks straight up in rice means it's an offering to the dead. So if you did that and gave it to someone, they could take it to mean "dead man walking."

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 26, 2006, 10:34:15 AM

See here for details. But don't commit suicide.

Gabi

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 26, 2006, 12:23:46 PM

Slightly different answer: the Japanese consider it to bebad luck because sticking chopsticks straight up in rice means it's an offering to the dead. So if you did that and gave it to someone, they could take it to mean "dead man walking."

That explains why they find it offensive, not why they think it's bad luck. It's one thing to believe the other person is insulting you, or wants you dead, and another to believe you'll die because of it.

e_voyager

why is demon lord blood so poisonous and corrosive to other entities in most worlds?
why were my first attempts to build normal bodies flooded with  poison blooded unstable  forums that couldn't so much as take asperse with out worrying it effect them in a dangerous way?
why WAS i so sleepy when it was only 1 am?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

bill

How do you pronounce "Allianz" correctly?

Tiger_T

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 26, 2006, 09:47:22 PM
How do you pronounce "Allianz" correctly?
Click on the left "i" [here]
But note that they speak the sample out with the article (which isn't part of the word). ;)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Vaguely Creepy

What are some tips you could give someone who has never seriously done any role playing before?

Kitsune Ascendant

where's waldo?

how many times has that question been asked?

why is it that relatively small portions of chinese food keep you going longer than regular portions of american food?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

bill

If barrels are considered crates, should cardboard boxes be as well?

Gabi

Quote from: Vaguely Creepy on September 27, 2006, 01:27:35 AM
What are some tips you could give someone who has never seriously done any role playing before?
I assume you want to start playing, right? Then, first of all, find someone to play with, who knows it's your first time (they must be willing to explain everything you need to know and be patient if it takes some time to sink in). Once you understand the rules, the rest is a lot like group-writing, at least in my experience. Create a believable character (his/her power level should be about the same as those of the other players to make the game more enjoyable for everyone). Then put yourself in the mind of your character and think of what he/she would do in every situation. And if you see a fireball coming your way, don't forget to dodge it.

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on September 27, 2006, 03:23:23 AM
where's waldo?

how many times has that question been asked?

why is it that relatively small portions of chinese food keep you going longer than regular portions of american food?
Just about everywhere.

Way too many times.

If by American food you mean food from the USA, no wonder it does. No offense, but I've been there and tried that food. Just about anything is more nutritious than that.

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 27, 2006, 06:23:31 AM
If barrels are considered crates, should cardboard boxes be as well?
No. According to the dictionary, being wooden is a requirement.

vulpesweasel

why do people thinks it's cool to swear in every sentence?

Dakata

Why do normal people like rap music?

Why did a fat classmate of mine call -me- fat earlier? D: I'm skinnier than her.

Why is 'Panic! At The Disco' called 'Panic! At The Disco'? :B

Why is math homework evil?

If I get a papercut because of my math homework, should I blame the paper, the EVIL math, or my math teacher? :B

Why does the school give us cheeseburgers and nachos and other unhealthy stuff for lunch, then complain about how unhealthy we are?

Why do some people think that anyone who's quiet is screwed up/a psycho/crazy?

If there's a guy at my school who looks kinda like my ex, and he keeps following me and watching me, should I panic/freak out? >>; (I kinda doubt it's my ex though...I could've sworn that JERK lived in another city that's like...I dunno...1-3 hours away? *Shrug*)

Why are foxes evil?

Why do I need to learn spanish in school? D:

Why do I need to learn Algebra?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Dakata on September 27, 2006, 05:52:06 PMWhy does the school give us cheeseburgers and nachos and other unhealthy stuff for lunch, then complain about how unhealthy we are?
Why does a really big slice of pizza cost $1.25 and a salad cost $2.00? ¬.¬

bill

Where does Hazmat live where he can get cheap lunch food? ($2.75 lunches FTW(?))

e_voyager

where have all my questions gone?

Roureem Egas

Back from my first day of college. All is well so far, just tiring and "OMG this convo suxxors."[/tangent] Back to the questions!

Quote from: vulpesweasel on September 27, 2006, 05:15:08 PM
why do people thinks it's cool to swear in every sentence?

I tend to believe such people to be idiots.

Quote from: Dakata on September 27, 2006, 05:52:06 PM
Why do normal people like rap music?

Why did a fat classmate of mine call -me- fat earlier? D: I'm skinnier than her.

Why is 'Panic! At The Disco' called 'Panic! At The Disco'? :B

Why is math homework evil?

If I get a papercut because of my math homework, should I blame the paper, the EVIL math, or my math teacher? :B

Why does the school give us cheeseburgers and nachos and other unhealthy stuff for lunch, then complain about how unhealthy we are?

Why do some people think that anyone who's quiet is screwed up/a psycho/crazy?

If there's a guy at my school who looks kinda like my ex, and he keeps following me and watching me, should I panic/freak out? >>; (I kinda doubt it's my ex though...I could've sworn that JERK lived in another city that's like...I dunno...1-3 hours away? *Shrug*)

Why are foxes evil?

Why do I need to learn spanish in school? D:

Why do I need to learn Algebra?

What is normal, really?

Displacement. Or maybe it was called projection. It was some sort of mental defense mechanism.

Reefer makes anything sensible. :B

Because you hate it.

Blame your circumstances or something.

Money and public image.

They want to draw attention. To what or away from what, I don't know.

Indubitly. :3 Psst. How is that spelled?

They are poor misunderstood creatures. They live in this vicious cycle, I tell you. Oh, and before I forget, Shades wants you to hold on to this metal can and Ink called for an appointment confirmation. I also think Azlan needs someone to go on a snack run for him. Be sure to pick up some tea for Gabi. :3 Kekekekeke, made you look.

Why spanish? Is it the only language offered?

It's the most basic math that's required in college, I think. Plus, it's the basis for all other higher math.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 27, 2006, 06:32:13 PM
Quote from: Dakata on September 27, 2006, 05:52:06 PMWhy does the school give us cheeseburgers and nachos and other unhealthy stuff for lunch, then complain about how unhealthy we are?
Why does a really big slice of pizza cost $1.25 and a salad cost $2.00? ¬.¬

It's expensive to get things out of season. Don't forget all that applies for organic produce, packaging, and stuff.

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 27, 2006, 06:33:22 PM
Where does Hazmat live where he can get cheap lunch food? ($2.75 lunches FTW(?))

Somewhere in the West Coast, since he lives in the same time zone as me.

Quote from: e_voyager on September 27, 2006, 07:03:05 PM
where have all my questions gone?

To that big notepad in the sky.

Dakata

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 28, 2006, 12:42:31 AM
What is normal, really?

Indubitly. :3 Psst. How is that spelled?

Why spanish? Is it the only language offered?
Normal People = People who aren't crazy like us

Indubitably? *Shrug*

There's french and german too. But I -have- to take a foreign language class. *Pouts* 'Cuz school's mean.

Who/what is 'Reefer'?

Why do I have easy work and a nice teacher in Social Studies and hard work and mean teachers in my other classes? D:

Why does dad complain when I use the computer in the morning (before school)? D: I'm not doing anything bad...and it's like 3:45 right now...School starts in a -few hours-. D:

Are my parents mean if they won't let me have anymore pop (Unless I'm REALLY good D: ) just because "it has sugar in it"? Doesn't pretty much everything have sugar in it? D: