Ask the All Purpose Fox

Started by ShadesFox, July 08, 2006, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2006, 09:44:58 AM
woot! I might, but won't, get baseballed. That calls for a celebration!

... can I get three cheers?
Only if you cheer for yourself. And do it away from this topic, you're getting too annoying, and that was NOT a proper question.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Hilary

Gareeku

Gabi

Just not in this thread. This is the APF topic, you're supposed to ask questions here.

Welcome back, Gareeku. :)

Dakata

Should I keep my uber-old doodles or should I BURN them?

Why do I think my uber-old doodles look like crap? D:

Would Gar kick my butt if I was a -really bad- draggy? :B

How come all the other dragons can breathe fire, but I can't? D:

Aridas

Should tetley be your sponsor?

Suwako

Why are there commercials here that are about products that aren't obtainable anywhere in the region?

Why is obtainable spelled with a B  D:

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Dakata on September 24, 2006, 12:16:12 PM
Should I keep my uber-old doodles or should I BURN them?

Why do I think my uber-old doodles look like crap? D:

Would Gar kick my butt if I was a -really bad- draggy? :B

How come all the other dragons can breathe fire, but I can't? D:

Do as you will.

Because you compare it to stuff.

I'd say so.

It has something to do with burritos. Which reminds me, stay away from me if you ever have the stuff.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 24, 2006, 12:36:46 PM
Should tetley be your sponsor?

Huh?

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on September 24, 2006, 01:14:38 PM
Why are there commercials here that are about products that aren't obtainable anywhere in the region?

Why is obtainable spelled with a B D:

Public broadcast.

Because the root word is obtain, which has a B in it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Having run out of useful questions....

Where might I go to find some questions that the APF's might reasonably be expected to answer?
How about if I limit that to those that the other folks watching might find amusing as well? (obviously, one would hope that the APF's find these amusing to start with...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

do you know any cubi that drink blood in their tea?
if cubi don't need to eat why do they need to drink?
why is it eveyone seems to want a soul?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tiger_T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2006, 05:52:53 PM
Having run out of useful questions....
Where might I go to find some questions that the APF's might reasonably be expected to answer?
How about if I limit that to those that the other folks watching might find amusing as well? (obviously, one would hope that the APF's find these amusing to start with...)
We don't find questions - they find us. (aka: Don't be so lazy.)
Make it so.

Quote from: e_voyager on September 24, 2006, 06:04:00 PM
do you know any cubi that drink blood in their tea?
if cubi don't need to eat why do they need to drink?
why is it eveyone seems to want a soul?
One or two, yeah.
Well, if you sweat, you need to refill somehow.
They're tasty and.. err.. I.. err.. don't know what you're talking about.
Oh, look over there; an obvious distraction!
*vanishes*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

xHaZxMaTx

Is there a way to find a cure for this and plant it in a pill?

Hilary

Why do we cry when we're sad?

Kenji

All this talk of blood drives in the DMFA forums got me going.
Is it possible for blood to change types? Cause growing up, everyone, including doctors, always told me I was A+, or A, I forget. But last time I donated blood, they sent me a donor card saying that I was O. Now... either someone's been lying, cause my dad has no "i" blood in him, someone really goofed in testing,  or my blood changed. Any hints?

Kitsune Ascendant

Are not ronin warriors and g gunam the coolest anime shows in existance?

what about zoids?

speaking of which, why'd they have to kill that with fuzors?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

KarlOmega1

does the APF team go numb in the head when too many questions are asked?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 24, 2006, 06:50:58 PM
Is there a way to find a cure for this and plant it in a pill?

Cure for what, seriously? I haven't been paying much attention so something's bound to go whistling past my head.

Quote from: Hilary on September 24, 2006, 07:32:55 PM
Why do we cry when we're sad?

A way of relieving emotional stress. I first read this and thought it said, "why do we cry when we're happy."

Quote from: FireKatKid on September 24, 2006, 09:32:42 PM
All this talk of blood drives in the DMFA forums got me going.
Is it possible for blood to change types? Cause growing up, everyone, including doctors, always told me I was A+, or A, I forget. But last time I donated blood, they sent me a donor card saying that I was O. Now... either someone's been lying, cause my dad has no "i" blood in him, someone really goofed in testing, or my blood changed. Any hints?

Seriously, I doubt it. Someone, somewhere is wrong, because I'm fairly certain blood type is genetic. And genes don't mutate unless exposed to radiation. Even so, a change in blood type shouldn't be a possible result.

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on September 25, 2006, 12:33:39 AM
Are not ronin warriors and g gunam the coolest anime shows in existance?

what about zoids?

speaking of which, why'd they have to kill that with fuzors?

I liked Gundam Wing's story the best and Stardust Memory's opening theme the most. What little I saw of Ronin Warriors was forgettable.

I liked Zoids and Zoids Chaotic Century. My only regret was not being able to watch the anime to the end and compare it to the manga. Speaking of which, I think the entire series is discontinued. Pity.

I forget, what were Zoid Fuzors? I only vaguely remember seeing commercials of it on TV, back when the WB still had afternoon shows (Jackie Chan Adventures! Yay!).

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on September 25, 2006, 12:51:26 AM
does the APF team go numb in the head when too many questions are asked?

I go when the mood strikes me. Usually when the questions pile up. I expect them to start piling up more starting Wednesday, when college starts for me and I'll be worrying myself about getting from Point A to Point B, finding out where Point A and B are, getting into a routine, and stressing about what homework I got. Oh, and wether or not I'll be questioned on how I'll deal with the homework and studying and how often I use my laptop for just fun. I worry about my Trickster friends. I'm sorry, am I boring you?  :[

Hilary

What, exactly, is 'pocky?' Has the APF answering this ever eaten it? And, if so, does it taste good?

Zedd

why are my tears so corrosive that they melt through old style ceramic tubs?

why do people play the game of life if they don't believe they can win?

if emotions could be turned into a power source with something other then solex then which emotions would be strongest?

xHaZxMaTx

What happened to Netami? :(  (All of his posts are showing up as 'Guest.')

Gabi

Quote from: Hilary on September 25, 2006, 01:30:59 AM
What, exactly, is 'pocky?' Has the APF answering this ever eaten it? And, if so, does it taste good?

Pretzel or Biscuit sticks dipped in fudge of various flavors. Never had them. N/A.

Quote from: Zedd on September 25, 2006, 03:10:18 AM
why are my tears so corrosive that they melt through old style ceramic tubs?

why do people play the game of life if they don't believe they can win?

if emotions could be turned into a power source with something other then solex then which emotions would be strongest?
Maybe the old ceramic tubs are in such a bad state that anything can melt through them.

Not all games are about winning or losing. And even those that do have a winner can be fun to play for everyone, not just for the one who wins. If all you care about is winning, you'll miss enjoying the game.

The most intense ones.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 25, 2006, 03:51:44 AM
What happened to Netami? :(  (All of his posts are showing up as 'Guest.')
That's a forum-related question. This isn't the place to ask them, lest we all feel the wrath of Damaris.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What's so scarey about Damaris' wrath? *hides*

Gabi

Hilary

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2006, 07:09:13 AM
What's so scarey about Damaris' wrath? *hides*
(*Prepares to be shot*)

"The hand of the Damaris will bring a terrible plague on your livestock in the field—on your horses and donkeys and camels and on your cattle and sheep and goats.  The Damaris will bring locusts into your country tomorrow. They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen. They will devour what little you have left after the hail, including every tree that is growing in your fields. They will fill your houses and those of all your officials..."

llearch n'n'daCorna

... with officials? (I can't think of anything worse than an office full of bureaucrats...)

perhaps I should have chosen something better to ask? Perhaps not...

Why is it that chlorophyll generates that specific green colour, and what makes the yellow colour on new growth in that particular shrub? (I'll see if I can find a name for it, and come back, mmkay?)

e_voyager

do my questions have a specal ring to them?
have you every gone fishing  in new york ?
what is the life expencty of a MM style robot?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tiger_T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2006, 08:41:10 AM
Why is it that chlorophyll generates that specific green colour, and what makes the yellow colour on new growth in that particular shrub? (I'll see if I can find a name for it, and come back, mmkay?)
*picks out a question from the pile*
Plants use sunlight for their photosynthesis. The light that they need is the red one. So they absorbe it and the other colors get reflected off and thus can be seen by you.
Colorful blossoms are there to attract insects/etc to distribute their pollen to the other plants.

The lighter color reflects more of the light to prevent burning the delicate new leafs.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Damaris

*dies laughing*

I'm sorry. I just randomly wandered in here too.  I don't think I've read the last fifteen pages.

Out of curiousity-  If someone asks a serious question, do any of the APFs ever do research?  The library staffer in me wants to know.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

Quote from: Tiger_T on September 25, 2006, 06:09:39 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2006, 08:41:10 AM
*picks out a question from the pile*
Plants use sunlight for their photosynthesis. The light that they need is the red one. So they absorbe it and the other colors get reflected off and thus can be seen by you.
Colorful blossoms are there to attract insects/etc to distribute their pollen to the other plants.

The lighter color reflects more of the light to prevent burning the delicate new leafs.
You're just making up words, aren't you.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Damaris on September 25, 2006, 06:14:08 PM
*dies laughing*

I'm sorry. I just randomly wandered in here too.  I don't think I've read the last fifteen pages.

Out of curiousity-  If someone asks a serious question, do any of the APFs ever do research?  The library staffer in me wants to know.
Depends on what we feel like. (At least in my case.)

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 25, 2006, 06:19:10 PM
You're just making up words, aren't you.
Partly. Fact is that you can only see those colors that something doesn't absorb. So something black absorbs pretty much the whole spectrum and something white does not.
Tigriel's got a guest: