CVRPG & DSWC discussion 8/29/05 -- 9/2/05

Started by Destina Faroda, August 29, 2005, 09:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Since Darkmoon will be updating every day this week, and there aren't many posters here, I thought it best to condense all the discussion of this week's comics into one thread.   Yes, I stole this idea from the Misfile board.  I suck.  But Darkmoon (the author, I mean, not the character) doesn't so let's talk about the good he's done with this comic right here.

Of the three that were posted Monday, I have to say that I loved the punchline for DSWC the most.  It was a nice way of bridging the newer comics with the older ones.  But  I also thought the supplemental was appropriate and I'm glad to get a Tales of the Fallen as well.  I may disagree with the author of that series, but she does put together nice comics.
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

Tales of the Fallen just don't do it for me.  I just don't see the funny.  I much prefer Darkmoon's comics any day of the week.

I loved the Katrina comic today.  I originally saw it in the "beta" stage, before the top panel was put in, which really just pulls the whole thing together.  I also love (which you pointed out on AIM, Destina) Katrina's innate linkage with hurricanes.  :bunny

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

I thought the DSWC was good. I felt unfinished with the Matrix parodies earlier.

Helena

For the supplimental it was a little funny. I did read it kinda fast since I remember at that time the phone was ringing.

I like tales of the fallen the angel that burns things reminds me of one of my friends when she gets mad. Yeah, my friend has issues.

And the DSWC has always made me laugh even if it was just a little. I'm easily entertained though.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

Ah, you're a DSWC person eh? It always seems that the DSWC people and the CVRPG people are generally two different groups. Few people aer really into both... O_o

Helena

Yeah I'm both. LOL...I have time to read most of the time. I was mostly a CVRPG person cuz of Angel, he's my fav charrie. I like all of the cast too.

As for DSWC I like Alucard in it. And Richter is always funny when he's around Cornell.

Sin Ominous

*snorts at the latest comic*

Holy Warrior (now Paladin) Alec: Hey guys!
D'Moon: Speak of the devil....

I couldn't help but guffaw at that one. :3

Darkmoon

^_^

Ahh, the many layers of a comic.

Angel really? Eh, I never figured I'd fleshed him out enough, but then, I made him later on, so I always feel like the most developed characters are the main three. I feel good knowing people like the other chars.

Mageknight Locke

bunny hasnt been involved for a while  :( bunny is the greatest  :bunny

Darkmoon

Yes, but bunny also is a more limited scope sort of character. Far more intelligent than anyone else, sure, but he seems like the sort to sit back and let everyone else make a mess of it before throwing in his two cents.

Helena

Yeah, in most cartoons or w/e bunnies are like pure evil or just more intelligent.

Darkmoon

Mageknight Locke

or perhaps hes soo evil it folds in on itself and changes into good, or maybe he just does whatever the hell he feels like

Helena

lol....whatever the hell he likes sounds more like it. *shrugs* all the bunnies I know have been evil...well except for this one I guess.

Destina Faroda

Well, Sailor Moon's not evil. ;)  And I don't think Bugs Bunny is evil either...or Buster...or Babs.  Or Usagi Yojimbo.

Tonights CV RPG is pretty interesting.  I would have never expected Angel to talk to Darkmoon's mom.  But what can she really do on her own, though?  She's just a ghost...who can induce guilt on her son but that's it.

I didn't look at DSWC until tonight...but this time I didn't get it.  I guess that's what happens when you don't play Super Metroid.
Sig coming...whenever...

Mageknight Locke

sailor moon is a bunny? wtf? i always thought she was a teenage anime/hentai girl

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

In the original version of Sailor Moon, the name Usagi Tsukino, Moon's "normal" identity, is a pun on "Rabbit of the Moon."   However, I am a dubbie myself, so the only rabbit in that version is Rini who is evil. (That's why I love her.)
Sig coming...whenever...

Helena

Yeah and in some of the comics of SM they call Serena...Bunny. I am a Sailor Moon fan myself, it was one of my frist anime's that I can remember well. I always liked Serena she reminds me of myself because I can be a big clutz.

For CV RPG...I found it weird as well that Angel was tlaking to DM's mother. She is a ghost, which is true...she can't do much but talk and look at things.

I haven't looked at DSWC yet. I will later. I have work to do...for my old high school I help sponser one of the clubs now...its actually fun it's a writer's club.

Mageknight Locke

the only SM episode i can remember seeing is that 1 where that rose throwing tuxedo dude that 'bunny' fancies gets mind controlled oh noes! :mwaha

Darkmoon

I was a part of Art Club in college. That was a great club to be a part of. It was known, on Campus, as the "Get Drunk and Go to New York" Club, as all we did was plan for the one big fundraiser we did each year, so we could earn money to go to NY. Every meeting before, and afterwards, was about drinking.

I miss that club.

Mageknight Locke

i miss having LAN lightsaber battles with my best friend during chemistry class  :( he got caught and had his laptop confiscated until february

Darkmoon

Mageknight Locke

yea he forgot to turn the sound off lol, it was bloody halarious though at the time

Destina Faroda

There are Sailor Moon fans here..people who actually...gasp...like the dub?  No way!

Darien got brainwashed?  That could be a whole BUNCH of episodes.  Seriously, I was never a big fan of Darien in the Present Day.  As Tuxedo Mask he's okay, but as "his normal" self, he's a jerk sometimes.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Sailor Scouts confronted Darkmoon and thought he was from the Negaverse?
Sig coming...whenever...

Helena

That would be funny. A bunch of scouts trying to take out a vampire with their planet powers. Yeah, I love the dub, and the one that was never made Galaxia...she is my fav, primarily cuz Darien leaves for a while, and there is lotsa death!  :rolleyes

Darkmoon

Did I just read that you want a CVRPG SM crossover? (shudders)

Helena

LOL....sorry it would just be kind of funny to me, but oh well.

Darkmoon

I seriously am not a SM fan... One of you are more than welcome to write it as a sort of Guest Comic and submit it to the site, but I nevar will. Evar.

:evar

Helena

I only watch...and listen to their music sometimes. I used to draw them and everything, but not as much anymore. I'm more into...sad things, or gore w/e goes.