...And I'm back.

Started by superluser, August 25, 2008, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Wow.

Those of you who aren't in the States, be thankful that you don't have to deal with an election cycle as annoying as the one we're currently having.

In related news, it looks like Hillary will be stuck as a senator for the rest of her political career.

In unrelated news, I've got a few books to read, so you can probably expect posting to be light until I catch up.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jairus

Well, I don't think I know you, but welcome back superluser!

And don't worry, I'm a Californian. I can sympathize with you on the damned election.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 11:16:12 AM
In unrelated news, I've got a few books to read, so you can probably expect posting to be light until I catch up.

Welcome back.

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:18:35 AM
Well, I don't think I know you, but welcome back superluser!
IIRC he gave up the forum for Lent, but then didn't return afterwards.  I was wondering if he was gone for good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:18:35 AMWell, I don't think I know you, but welcome back superluser!

Considering your post count, we may have bumped into each other, but I don't remember you, off hand.

So, er, I suppose I should welcome you. (Just don't start on about the electoral college.  You Californians can easily rectify the situation by splitting into two states)

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2008, 11:25:02 AMIIRC he gave up the forum for Lent, but then didn't return afterwards.  I was wondering if he was gone for good.

The election got too interesting/annoying.

(glad to see I was missed)

Jairus

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 11:26:32 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:18:35 AMWell, I don't think I know you, but welcome back superluser!

Considering your post count, we may have bumped into each other, but I don't remember you, off hand.
Ooh, this is awkward... I've only been here since the third of July of this year. Almost two whole months. Ehehehe.

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 11:26:32 AM
So, er, I suppose I should welcome you. (Just don't start on about the electoral college.  You Californians can easily rectify the situation by splitting into two states)
That would only make things worse: imagine TWO states who vote the exact same way, and pretend that they're still one big state and basically ignore anyone who addresses us as Northern Californians and Southern Californians.

Mao

Welcome back.  I've never known you, but it seems we share a slightly common interest.  I know that I'm fairly curious to see what happens with the US election.  I don't have a preference either way but it's always interesting to know what my southern neighbors are up to.

As for Jaijai's post count.. he's a spammer. :P  (j/k)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on August 25, 2008, 11:35:42 AM

*cough* yeah, but he's actually thinking about the posts. Plus, it's worse if you count the number of actual posts, including Arena posts...

Not that I can talk, but yeah, he should probably look at maybe easing back a little. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 25, 2008, 11:55:53 AM
*cough* yeah, but he's actually thinking about the posts.

Not that I can talk, but yeah, he should probably look at maybe easing back a little. ;-]

Don't worry, I'm thinking about it. In between postings. ;)

I have to wonder, what's the opposite of a spammer? An anti-spammer or a normal poster?

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:57:45 AMI have to wonder, what's the opposite of a spammer?

Cancelmoose.

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:31:00 AMThat would only make things worse: imagine TWO states who vote the exact same way, and pretend that they're still one big state and basically ignore anyone who addresses us as Northern Californians and Southern Californians.

Yes, but.  You'd get two extra senators.  And I'd love to see some senators that represent Silicon Valley and not the Hollywood IP Mafia.

Jairus

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 12:18:10 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:31:00 AMThat would only make things worse: imagine TWO states who vote the exact same way, and pretend that they're still one big state and basically ignore anyone who addresses us as Northern Californians and Southern Californians.

Yes, but.  You'd get two extra senators.  And I'd love to see some senators that represent Silicon Valley and not the Hollywood IP Mafia.

Well, aside from living in Lake Pahoe, I don't know where you live, so I can't exactly speak against you. And if everyone took Hollywood a little less seriously than they do, I'd be a little happier.

What's Cancelmoose? *looks at Wikipedia* oh, I get it.

Mao

Ouch. 

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 12:18:10 PM
I'd love to see some senators that represent Silicon Valley and not the Hollywood IP Mafia.

Honestly, Silicon Valley isn't much different from the IP Mafia as you put it.  As far as I'm concerned they're in cahoots.

Jairus

Plus, it's worse if you count the number of actual posts, including Arena posts...
Yes, but that's also where most of my silliness is concentrated. I was actually really worried about posting there until I realized that no posts made in that arena "count."

In all seriousness, I am going to kind of back off on the posting.

Quote from: Mowser on August 25, 2008, 01:14:25 PM

Ouch. 
Um, I'm in class right now, so my brain is partially mush. Is he insulting me, you, or spammers?

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 01:18:58 PM
Um, I'm in class right now, so my brain is partially mush. Is he insulting me, you, or spammers?

It's llearch.  I'm sure in some way, he's insulting all three.  I can see two possible meanings to it, right off the bat and don't doubt there's more.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ouch.

Oh, come on. Would I be that subtle, if I really wanted to throw muck in your direction?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: superluser on August 25, 2008, 12:18:10 PMI'd love to see some senators that represent Silicon Valley and not the Hollywood IP Mafia.
Honestly, Silicon Valley isn't much different from the IP Mafia as you put it.  As far as I'm concerned they're in cahoots.

They may be similar, but Silicon Valley cares a whole lot more about things like interoperability than Hollywood.  For example, I'm sure that DIVX, cap codes, and the Sony rootkit CDs are all Hollywood's ideas, not Silicon Valley.

Firms like Google would have a lot more clout than they currently do, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Larry Lessig could make it to senator some day.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 11:57:45 AM

Don't worry, I'm thinking about it. In between postings. ;)

I have to wonder, what's the opposite of a spammer? An anti-spammer or a normal poster?
A lurker, I would imagine.

And welcome back superluser. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Pagan

Hey, I do remember you! Good to see you again.
So how did your lent go? And the time afterwards as well.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Zedd

Who are you again? Was you the guy I borrowed the mower from?

superluser

Quote from: Pagan on August 25, 2008, 05:31:41 PMHey, I do remember you! Good to see you again.
So how did your lent go? And the time afterwards as well.

Lent was OK, and the time after was more or less good, as well.  Got a bunch of books, but now I guess I have to read them.

Quote from: Zedd on August 25, 2008, 05:46:00 PMWho are you again? Was you the guy I borrowed the mower from?

I guess I have to take what I can get from you.  Glad to see you, too, buddy.