The End of Inuyasha

Started by JackLee1978, June 11, 2008, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Quote from: Teroniss on June 15, 2008, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: Azlan on June 14, 2008, 04:39:50 PM
Geez, Shades thinks he is old...

Indeed. Why, I still remember when I was watching shows like Captain Harlock, and Robotech, and oh right, Battle of the Planets

I really don't want to be that old mind, I'm still looking for Harlock and Robotech.  I remember the names, but the pirate VHS tapes were so degraded that they were unwatchable.
The All Purpose Fox

GabrielsThoughts

Trigun was awesome...didn't have enough episodes in my opinion.

I've probably watched 13 or 14 episodes of Inuyasha and the movie where they killed Naraku...but he came back to life in the last five minutes.

in all honesty Inuyasha is a boob.  I don't know if it was the episodes I was watching, but Kagome comes off as a little slow.  I did like Haji, he was funny. Shippo acts like a girl, looks like a girl, and is arguably the most intelligent character in the episodes I watched. Miroku... I'm not impressed, is he the comic relief? Sango... reminds me of fannon Akane always beating miroku over the head with her boomerang the way Akane beats Ranma over the head with the mallet.

Inuyasha reminds me of Ranma for reasons I cannot place my finger on...the episode with the wolf boy and his finance was one that particularly reminded me of Ranma. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShadesFox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 15, 2008, 11:36:15 AM
Trigun was awesome...didn't have enough episodes in my opinion.

I've probably watched 13 or 14 episodes of Inuyasha and the movie where they killed Naraku...but he came back to life in the last five minutes.

in all honesty Inuyasha is a boob.  I don't know if it was the episodes I was watching, but Kagome comes off as a little slow.  I did like Haji, he was funny. Shippo acts like a girl, looks like a girl, and is arguably the most intelligent character in the episodes I watched. Miroku... I'm not impressed, is he the comic relief? Sango... reminds me of fannon Akane always beating miroku over the head with her boomerang the way Akane beats Ranma over the head with the mallet.

Inuyasha reminds me of Ranma for reasons I cannot place my finger on...the episode with the wolf boy and his finance was one that particularly reminded me of Ranma. 

Maybe because both are done by the same person ;p
The All Purpose Fox

bilbo-sama

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 12, 2008, 12:50:41 AM

also, one night i turned adult swim on and they had some kind of movie cycle going, the movie in question was inuyasha, and in the first 3 minutes they kill the big baddie that they were chasing the entire series..... i don't know if thats a copout or if its more of a fanfic kinda plothole.

Well actually...*insert movie spoiler here :/*

Brunhidden

why is it that so many anime just decide 24 or 26 episodes is all it can ever have, as though the thought of a second season is foreign to them.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Valynth

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 17, 2008, 01:33:27 AM
why is it that so many anime just decide 24 or 26 episodes is all it can ever have, as though the thought of a second season is foreign to them.

It's probably due to the very high production costs.  It takes time to draw that much detail and time is money.  This was especially true when Japan first started making cartoons.  Even with a low frame-rate and other short-cutting techniques it still costed more per-episode than most seasons of western style toons.

It's probably more about tradition now though.  And the fact that most series that extend for several seasons tend to degrade in plot quality as they go on.  There are exceptions to this rule mind you, but only because they tend to have writers that plan beyond the first season with a plot that can't be covered in the time of one season.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Teroniss

Mwahahaha, finally over!  :mwaha And none too soon. As much I liked Ranma, this series was way too hokey for me.(Though the ending was just about as open ended as Ranma)

GabrielsThoughts

let's see...they can make a final movie or...six final movies.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Teroniss

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 18, 2008, 11:08:59 AM
let's see...they can make a final movie or...six final movies.
*Stabs Gabriel* Hush you, no jinxing the moment!  :kruger