Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

Quote from: Azlan on May 09, 2012, 02:18:49 AM
Quote from: Darkdragon on May 09, 2012, 01:18:14 AM
Can you demonstrate how you can describe the answer to this question, and how you came to the answer?

Yes.   :rolleyes

did they mess up by not saying will you?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

Quote from: e_voyager on May 09, 2012, 02:23:39 AM
Quote from: Azlan on May 09, 2012, 02:18:49 AM
Quote from: Darkdragon on May 09, 2012, 01:18:14 AM
Can you demonstrate how you can describe the answer to this question, and how you came to the answer?

Yes.   :rolleyes

did they mess up by not saying will you?

Yes...  :tongue
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkdragon

Wouldn't the APF's interpret the question "Will you demonstrate how you can describe the answer to this question, and how you came to the answer?" as one which they can provide the answer to at an indefinite time in the future if they so agree, or not need to answer the core question if they so choose to answer in the negative?

How can I phrase the request "Demonstrate how you can describe the answer to this question, and how you came to the answer" in a question form such that the APFs (or a literal genie) can answer said question in a non-trivial manner?

Gabi

How can you describe the answer to this question, and how did you come to the answer?

And in case that is your next question, all I did was read your post, notice the implied question in it and phrase it as such. And the answer itself is the explanation of how I came to it. Pretty, isn't it? ^_^
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

Who's coming to my next birthday party?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

e_voyager

Quote from: ShadesFox on June 04, 2012, 08:33:13 PM
And Candle Jack
i tired inviting candle jack but he wouldn't come. with any of you APF's come to the party?

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkdragon

Why do people celebrate their relative completion of a revolution on a hunk of rock falling in space around a flaming fireball to an arbitrary time in which the body has been separated from the maternal unit?

Lushin

Because many people feel the need to celebrate strange things. They just wanna feel special.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Ignuus66

As a side note, Christian holidays tend to be based around original pagan celebrations, Christmas, for example was the celebration of Winter Equinox. It's theorized this is due to all the different Cultures turned to christianity Wanting to keep their old Celebrations.

I think it is nigh improbable for a new world war to break out, due to strong (and weak) nations depending on each other, and warring other nations would only bring the warring one's economy to a grinding halt. What do you think, and why?

(credit: Gabi)

ShadesFox

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 05, 2012, 08:09:26 AM
As a side note, Christian holidays tend to be based around original pagan celebrations, Christmas, for example was the celebration of Winter Equinox. It's theorized this is due to all the different Cultures turned to christianity Wanting to keep their old Celebrations.

I think it is nigh improbable for a new world war to break out, due to strong (and weak) nations depending on each other, and warring other nations would only bring the warring one's economy to a grinding halt. What do you think, and why?

Well, you violated the first rule of APF, so now you have to go into the pit to fight The Great Light. Good luck.

*Tosses Ignuus into a pit*
The All Purpose Fox

Ignuus66

*climbs out of the pit*

Why was the great light so easy?

Lushin

*Pushes back into pit*
Cause that was just a baby.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

Quote from: Lushin on June 04, 2012, 11:29:34 PM
Because many people feel the need to celebrate strange things. They just wanna feel special.
are you sure that it's not because surviving to certain ages used to be an achievement?

Gabi

That depends on what age you're talking about. When a child celebrates his/her 2nd birthday, it's not that much of an achievement. It's still a celebration of life itself, though. And, for friends and family, a celebration of having that person in their lives.

Darkdragon

Times have sure changed, has it? I remember back in the middle ages...

Gabi

Changing is what times do best. Even if variations of the same things happen over and over again.

Brunhidden

If i am my own worst enemy, is there any good way to defeat myself?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Ignuus66

Or high buildings.  >:3

What would happen to all the 2012 doomsday videos when the "doomsday" already passed?

Naldru

What is the best reason to go to Anthrocon?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Gabi

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 09, 2012, 08:35:12 AM
Or high buildings.  >:3

What would happen to all the 2012 doomsday videos when the "doomsday" already passed?
They become outdated just like all the previous doomsday videos did. If they're good, they may still become classics, though.

Quote from: Naldru on June 09, 2012, 11:22:18 AM
What is the best reason to go to Anthrocon?
To meet your fellow forumites in person! :3 And to have fun.

Darkdragon

Whence who what when where why were wringer words?

Gabi

e_voyager

there is a quote that has stuck in my mind " Mothers grief, father's shame, soon  to go from whence he came. " where did it come from?

Darkdragon

Was the quote originally in English?

ShadesFox

Quote from: e_voyager on June 28, 2012, 11:51:25 AM
there is a quote that has stuck in my mind " Mothers grief, father's shame, soon  to go from whence he came. " where did it come from?

It originally came from the mother of all machines. See, there was a drunken fight involved, some very confused emotions and a lot of hurt feelings. They don' talk about it often.

Quote from: Darkdragon on June 28, 2012, 05:20:42 PM
Was the quote originally in English?

No, it was in EBCDIC.
The All Purpose Fox

Castle Pokemetroid