Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

FDR - Was he just faking it?

Why don't more schools have a 43-man squamish team?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Zedd on December 05, 2009, 02:59:08 AM
How do you rid a bad rash?

Do you like the new cherry 7up?

What should I get the Joker for Secret Santa at Arkaham?

How many box tops does it take to get the super spy camera?
Sit it out and drink lots of fluid.

Haven't tried it yet.

Preferably something harmless.

It should be written on the rebate booklet. On page two, right beneath the 'inflatable washing machine' coupon.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 05, 2009, 04:29:19 AM
Quote from: Zedd on December 05, 2009, 02:59:08 AM
How many box tops does it take to get the super spy camera?

How will I remain warm if he collects them all?
Spy cams are warm?

Quote from: Darkdragon on December 05, 2009, 05:41:11 PM
FDR - Was he just faking it?

Why don't more schools have a 43-man squamish team?
You'll have to provide us with information about who 'he' is, to prevent accidental mix-ups.
(Second name, House number, Social security number, Credit Card ratings - those kind of things, you know. :mwaha :P)

Many pupils dislike learning all those rules.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Darkdragon

Don't you know? He was president of the United States of America.

What are the APFs' opinions on astrology?

Azlan

Quote from: Darkdragon on December 11, 2009, 12:38:40 AM
Don't you know? He was president of the United States of America.

What are the APFs' opinions on astrology?

Watch the stars... they come from the stars!
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkdragon

Is there any pie left?

Have you stopped eating your young yet?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on December 12, 2009, 11:41:23 PM
Is there any pie left?

Have you stopped eating your young yet?
But... Young Fresh pies are the bestest! :mwaha :3 :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

ShadesFox

Tiger, what are these pies you keep giving me? And why is Azzie grinning like an idiot?
The All Purpose Fox

Tiger_T

If you don't want them, you could give some to Darkdragon who asked about them. :3 >:3
Azlan is just stargazing. :) :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

e_voyager

it's been so long i've forgotten what i meant by vastly Superior but now i'm wondering what is the deal with the Jedi squirrels ?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShadesFox

Quote from: e_voyager on December 22, 2009, 01:52:01 PM
it's been so long i've forgotten what i meant by vastly Superior but now i'm wondering what is the deal with the Jedi squirrels ?

They are mean and talentless hacks, just like every other jedi.  Really.  Stupid third rate mystic knights. 
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

the invisible friend game seems to be dead. how do i/ we revive it?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 23, 2009, 01:43:02 PM
Are Cheddar Monks any better?
No.

Quote from: e_voyager on December 24, 2009, 04:02:01 PM
the invisible friend game seems to be dead. how do i/ we revive it?
Get more people to join! And while you're at it, you can join/get people to join CCC too.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkdragon

Lushin

/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Magic

If artificial neural networks with the polymorphic encryption to protect them,and nanoengineering to make them maintenance free existed; Who will move his consciousness into the machine and become APFDAN (All Purpose Fox Data-Access Network)  first, Shadesfox or Azlan?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Paladin Sheppard

Lushin

Quote from: Magic on January 07, 2010, 10:59:55 AM
If artificial neural networks with the polymorphic encryption to protect them,and nanoengineering to make them maintenance free existed; Who will move his consciousness into the machine and become APFDAN (All Purpose Fox Data-Access Network)  first, Shadesfox or Azlan?
Neither they both don't like computers that much.

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 07, 2010, 01:08:18 PM
What is the Ephrael Collective?
How did you hear about that? You must be dealt with now.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Daimien on January 07, 2010, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Magic on January 07, 2010, 10:59:55 AM
Neither they both don't like computers that much.

... So you say about the guy who's job right now is 'dicking with supercomputers'. 

Still, what you have to remember is that space and time warp and appear differently to all viewers.  Thus, while in one reference frame Azlan is first, in others ShadesFox is first.  However, in all references frames the fact that ShadesFox is giving Azlan the finger is a constant.

Quote from: Daimien on January 07, 2010, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 07, 2010, 01:08:18 PM
What is the Ephrael Collective?
How did you hear about that? You must be dealt with now.

Wait I thought that the collective was a pile of plush Eph....
Oh...
Yea the APF body trench is by the pond, you can't miss it.
The All Purpose Fox

Gabi

How did Magic guess that I wouldn't want to do it?

e_voyager

Should i start a new Invisible friend thread to try and drum up interest ?

Darkdragon

Given that civilizational advancement follows the law of accelerating returns, and the development of computational power available follows Moore's law, at what point would human beings finally surpass the limitations imposed by biology and by then, would those of a less ephemeral nature finally have learnt to be transcendent of the laws which binds beings to this partly universe plane?

Where would the denizens of this gracious forum be then?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkdragon on January 10, 2010, 06:51:39 PM

... And would it be possible to tell the difference between where they are currently, in their mother's basement eating cheetos?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: e_voyager on January 09, 2010, 10:04:28 PM
Should i start a new Invisible friend thread to try and drum up interest ?
I suggest you ask llearch whether it is best to start a new thread or revive the old one. In any case, we need to find players. Talking to people in chatrooms or by IM may help.

Given that civilizational advancement follows the law of accelerating returns, and the development of computational power available follows Moore's law, at what point would human beings finally surpass the limitations imposed by biology and by then, would those of a less ephemeral nature finally have learnt to be transcendent of the laws which binds beings to this partly universe plane?

Even accepting those two laws as axioms, you should realize there's no connection between them and your proposed conclusion. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the concept of logical deduction and read the details of the works you're citing before jumping to conclusions. Science fiction is nice and all, but you must remember it's a form of art, not science (and that's probably be a good thing, reading stories is a lot more fun than reading scientific papers). Entertain yourself with those stories, but don't trust their inference methods, nor the alleged 'facts' they present.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2010, 08:48:54 PM

... And would it be possible to tell the difference between where they are currently, in their mother's basement eating cheetos?
My mother doesn't even have a basement, and I am a forumite. That makes it impossible for all forumites to be in the situation you describe. There's an example of logical deduction.

And here's its formulation in firtst-order logic.

Assuming that the axioms are true (and I trust they are, but in the event that any foumite does have more than one mother it can still be fixed by replacing that axiom by the fact that I only have one), you can prove that the assertion is unsatisfiable.

I cropped the Cheetos part because it would only be adding an extra clause to an already unsatisfiable set.

Darkdragon

Yeah, I wasn't completely awake when I wrote that. >.>

Ray Kruzweil wrote a book on how the law of accelerating returns would help humans transcend biology. The last clause is a bit of tangential.

How do I appear coherent even under duress?

Gabi

Quote from: Darkdragon on January 12, 2010, 12:30:51 PM
Yeah, I wasn't completely awake when I wrote that. >.>

Ray Kruzweil wrote a book on how the law of accelerating returns would help humans transcend biology. The last clause is a bit of tangential.

How do I appear coherent even under duress?
Highly developed speech skills.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Get all the players back together, then post.

Mao

ShadesFox

First step, you join it.  Then you post stupid plans, say that you do things that make no sense in the context of  the RP, ignore all the history of the RP, and over all ruin the fun of everyone involved.
The All Purpose Fox