Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can I have some HP sauce with the badger?

And perhaps a couple of slices of toast?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Shadesfox:

Which situation would you prefer: A ten man Space Marine Terminator squad teleported in at close range to your HQ squad or a Tau Hammerhead at 72" and a clear line of sight to your HQ squad?.

Darkdragon

Help! The sky is falling! The Dow Jones has dropped yet another hundred points! What do the investors do now? What do we do?

Slowtini

@Dark: SHIT! MY PORTFOLIO, NUUUUUUU.

I have the same question as Darkdragon.  :<

Zedd

Why is the human body made with many flaws mentally and physically?

Was the creator of mother goose poems on good drugs and where can I find them?

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2008, 11:27:01 AM
Can I have some HP sauce with the badger?

And perhaps a couple of slices of toast?

Sure.  After Mr. Badger returns from the store.  Though Mr. Badger has been out for a while.  Mr. Badger is an asshole.

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on September 18, 2008, 11:31:48 AM
Shadesfox:

Which situation would you prefer: A ten man Space Marine Terminator squad teleported in at close range to your HQ squad or a Tau Hammerhead at 72" and a clear line of sight to your HQ squad?.

Once again, I have to point out that Mr. Badger is is asshole.

On a more serious note, ugh, so many details you left out.  For one thing, clear line of site to the HQ?  When does that happen in an IG army?  Unless the front line was blown up you are going to suffer the 4+ cover save in 5th edition.  In that regard, the terminators could teleport to an uncovered site and blast from there, but runs a very real risk in the form of teleportation accidents and plasma guns.  On the other hand, the Hammerhead is just one tank, and the leman russ' battle cannon has a 72" range and the basilisk cannon has a 240" range, so the guardsmen have range on you still.  And one shot can be enough to take out the hammerhead, while the terminator squad, even in the worst case, is going to survive longer.  Though if you look at the bigger picture, the fact that the terminators will be a quarter of the army in a 2000 points game (assuming there are heavy weapons in there.  Why wouldn't you take the heavy weapons?) means that having them in a good position to be blasted would be a huge plus, while the hammerhead would only be in range of the leman russ and the basilisk.

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 18, 2008, 11:35:40 AM
Help! The sky is falling! The Dow Jones has dropped yet another hundred points! What do the investors do now? What do we do?

Yea, it does that at times.  There isn't much you can do.  Not to mention that you don't invest in 'The Down Jones Industrial Average'.

Quote from: Slowtini on September 18, 2008, 12:01:24 PM
@Dark: SHIT! MY PORTFOLIO, NUUUUUUU.

I have the same question as Darkdragon.  :<

Indeed you do, which is why you both must now fight to the death.  For my pleasure.

Quote from: Zedd on September 18, 2008, 11:36:01 PM
Why is the human body made with many flaws mentally and physically?

Was the creator of mother goose poems on good drugs and where can I find them?

Define flaws?  Many processes are not as efficient as they could be, but other times there are good reasons for the 'flaws'.  If you are talking about your knee, maybe god pushed the 'Yiff in Hell!' button on you?

I'm told that pepto bismal, when left to expire for a decade, is quite a trip.
The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

Where is Slowtini so I can try out this new instrument of inflicting pain?

Azlan

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 19, 2008, 10:35:06 PM
Where is Slowtini so I can try out this new instrument of inflicting pain?

He ran into a wraithguard, now he is a grease stain.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Slowtini

Why does Darkdragon wish to hurt me so? :<

Darkdragon

ShadesFox

I'm still not seeing a fight to the death here.
The All Purpose Fox

Slowtini

Where is Darkdragon, so that I may try out my adhesive cannon?

Darkdragon

How are you to aim the thing with no hands or legs? I shall be fleet, as the low frequency and poor accuracy in the cannon renders it moot. I shall call forth fire from the sky; Shades, would you mind if I set fire to the land for hundreds of years and render this land inhabitable for normal people as a side effect?

Slowtini

Oh darkdragon, you forget how far technology has come. Can you say, auto targeting, auto firing, mobile weapons platform?

Shades, can you hand me that torque wrench? I've got a few more things to finish up before my shrink ray is completed.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Slowtini on September 20, 2008, 09:45:52 PM
Where is Darkdragon, so that I may try out my adhesive cannon?

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 20, 2008, 10:43:53 PM
How are you to aim the thing with no hands or legs? I shall be fleet, as the low frequency and poor accuracy in the cannon renders it moot. I shall call forth fire from the sky; Shades, would you mind if I set fire to the land for hundreds of years and render this land inhabitable for normal people as a side effect?

Quote from: Slowtini on September 20, 2008, 10:59:16 PM
Oh darkdragon, you forget how far technology has come. Can you say, auto targeting, auto firing, mobile weapons platform?

Shades, can you hand me that torque wrench? I've got a few more things to finish up before my shrink ray is completed.

Hey. I was promised stuff blowing up. Start blowing each other up already. >:[ *fan-smack*

Darkdragon

You'll be very glad to know that the land has been so tainted that the power lines don't work as you want. And you fired with it set to reverse. I'd suggest you to check next time before you fire, but I've accidentally crushed it. Does anyone know how to get back to original size?

Explosions? (Units: Tonnes)

2 C7H5N3O6 → 3 N2 + 5 H2O + 7 CO + 7 C
C(CH2ONO2)4 → 2 CO + 4 H2O + 3 CO2 + 2 N2
10 KNO3 + 3 S + 8 C → 2 K2CO3 + 3 K2SO4 + 6 CO2 + 5 N2
3 KClO4 + 8 Al → 4 Al2O3 + 3 KCl
2 KNO3 + 5 Mg → K2O + N2 + 5 MgO
2 C9H18O6 + 21 O2 → 18 H2O + 18 CO2
U-235 + n = Sr-95 + Xe-139 + 2 n
H-2 + H-3 = He-4 + n

Is that a spectacular enough pyrotechnic display?

Kenji

Slowtini

*says to everyone but darkdragon*
Would you kindly leave the state, Something big's about to go down.

DARKDRAGON! IMMA CALLING YOU OUT! D:<
-brings orbital lazer cannon beam gun firing apparatus to bear-

FIRE! *k'thoom*

Darkdragon

Although the warning isn't for me I could get the concept if everyone else is fleeing for their life, you know? And you didn't ask a question. The APF's are going to get mad...

I'm not a fire dragon, so I can't please your draconic desires and pyrotechnic desires at the same time. But I can use my lightning breath (blame my parents) and ability in chronic manipulation to fry Slowtini with no resistance, although this won't put up a very good show. Or I could stand back and produce darkbursts to attempt to hit him. It'd be super effective as Slowtini would be Water/Psychic/Dragon type (let's pretend you can have three types) and in Pokémon Dark is super effective against Psychic and Dragon is super effective against other Dragon Pokémon. Thus you would be seeing much more dragon, given this fact to light, right?

Slowtini

Is darkdragon blind? I stated "Would you kindly leave the state?", which is a question/command/awesomeness.

Why is grammar so annoying sometimes? ._.

Zedd

Why is it always why?

Should I go with the white wine or the red wine?

Is beating a dead horse considered no hygienic in a way?

Of all shoes you worn in your life, What kind did you always wanted to keep forever?

Darkdragon

Of course, I would not remind you of your folly yet again, but English grammar does state a question mark to be used to qualify as a question, unlike languages like Japanese. Furthermore, I do remember names have to be capitalized, would you please kindly do so next time?

Gabi

Darkdragon, I'll turn your words around: just because your posts end with a question mark it doesn't make them questions.

*Locks Darkdragon and Slowtini in a cage together.*

Quote from: Zedd on September 21, 2008, 05:14:16 PM
Why is it always why?

Should I go with the white wine or the red wine?

Is beating a dead horse considered no hygienic in a way?

Of all shoes you worn in your life, What kind did you always wanted to keep forever?
Why not?

Whichever you like best.

Hygienic or not, it's useless.

The grammar... it hurts!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Slowtini

-wriggles out of the cage via the bars-

Can you guys tell me where I can find a car-crusher, some plutonium, some high explosives, a particle accelerator, and sixteen-thousand nine-volt batteries?

Darkdragon

That is also true, as there is no law that if A -> B, then B -> A.  What is that law in logic called again?

Let's see if the cage is very resistant to fire. If not, I shall send a lawyer to persecute Slowtini for prematurely terminating his punishment. I'm sure there's an evil enough lawyer to be able to do that...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 22, 2008, 12:49:50 AM
That is also true, as there is no law that if A -> B, then B -> A.  What is that law in logic called again?

Murphys?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Slowtini

Kenji

Slowtini

Kenji