Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 29, 2008, 05:51:36 PM
Is the mentioned case known in the journalism trade as "the man bites dog axiom"?

I'm having some sort of processing issue here. What case?

Quote from: VSMIT on August 29, 2008, 07:29:18 PM
Why haven't people signed up for the IF game?

School starting again, maybe. Or maybe they just don't know.

Darkdragon

Is there a word meaning "the day after tomorrow"?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 30, 2008, 02:38:06 AM
Is there a word meaning "the day after tomorrow"?
There is one in german. It's 'übermorgen' - sort of like saying ubertomorrow, but it's making more sense to me... :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Darkdragon

So would the day after that be called "Überübermorgen"? </silly>

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 30, 2008, 05:51:42 PM
So would the day after that be called "Überübermorgen"? </silly>
Yes. That's in fact how it works.
Given - after a few more days it gets silly. You then go over to call it 'in five days' or however many it is, but you could say "Über-über-über-über-morgen" (to stay with 5 days) if you like.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

roninfoxtail

What's up with the weirdos who set up buildings on bridges and force you to give them money?

Darkdragon

Explain the text, being relevant to the figure given.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on August 30, 2008, 08:10:05 PM
What's up with the weirdos who set up buildings on bridges and force you to give them money?

They are robbers.  Shoot them as soon as you see them.
Quote from: Darkdragon on August 30, 2008, 09:08:10 PM

Explain the text, being relevant to the figure given.

You see, when a mommy boson and a daddy boson get together they create a ripple in the higgs.  This then leads to higgs bosons.  Then God comes along and says "FOOLISH MOTALS!  THOU SHALT NOT SEARCH FOR THE HIGGS BOSON!" Then a bunch of scientists in Europe said, "Well screw you God!  Soon you won't be such hot shit after we fire up this particle accelerator."  Which is why Jesus is a terrorist in Geneva right now.  That is my explanation of the diagram.

The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

What would you write for a caption to the picture in a caption contest where the aim to to evoke guffaws?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on August 30, 2008, 08:10:05 PM
It's likely they built the bridges too and now just want to make sure they get paid for their work.
Quote from: Darkdragon on August 31, 2008, 12:13:50 AM
What would you write for a caption to the picture in a caption contest where the aim to to evoke guffaws?
The first shows a trail of ants from above, carrying a wheel of Tiroler cheese.
The second one shows (from the side) how they could make it easier if they just rolled the cheese instead.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Darkdragon

Why is that you want to fall asleep when you can't and you can't fall asleep when you want to?

Azlan

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 01, 2008, 02:47:34 AM
Why is that you want to fall asleep when you can't and you can't fall asleep when you want to?

It just appears that way, relaxation is the key to sleep.  If you exert too much effort in trying to sleep, it is actually counterproductive to obtaining sleep state.

Try warm milk... warm sake... or relieve yourself of a lot of blood... I guarantee you'll fall asleep quickly after the last one, the other two... results may vary.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkdragon

Since I vehemently hate coffee, what would you advise if I even had the misfortune to ever need to pull an all-nighter?

roninfoxtail

ShadesFox

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 01, 2008, 04:13:09 PM
Since I vehemently hate coffee, what would you advise if I even had the misfortune to ever need to pull an all-nighter?

Take a lot of pins.  Attach them to a block.  Tie this assembly to your forehead.  That way, when you drift off, your head falls onto your desk and forces the pins into your face.

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on September 02, 2008, 01:03:08 AM
How does caffeine work?

Better on some then others.  For instance caffeine actually calms me down.  The idea is that it stimulates the brain, so that the sugars get around faster, leading to the brief boost in energy, and then the crash when you wear yourself out and use up a lot of sugar and water.
The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

How will that help if I have an equal possibility to fall in many directions?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 02, 2008, 02:47:55 AM
How will that help if I have an equal possibility to fall in many directions?
Simple. Take some more pins to build more blocks and attach them all around you.
That way, wherever you fall... well, you get the idea.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Gabi

I'd rather resort to tea.

Then again, I'd always rather resort to tea. I try to avoid all-nighters, though.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Eibborn

^ Seconded!

If you can get it, try Lady Grey with half of teaspoon of honey in it- it's got caffeine, and it tastes awesome.
/kicks the internet over

Zedd

Is there a reason for everything?

What calculates people to like tea more than coffee or vice verse?

Are you having fun playing with portals?

What's your favorite horse breed?

Name a few weapons of your disposal you wiled in in your lifetime?

The Monarch or Dr. Weird?

Azlan

Quote from: Zedd on September 03, 2008, 03:32:40 PM
Is there a reason for everything?

What calculates people to like tea more than coffee or vice verse?

Are you having fun playing with portals?

What's your favorite horse breed?

Name a few weapons of your disposal you wiled in in your lifetime?

The Monarch or Dr. Weird?

It is the nature of humanity to seek relevance in things.

Personal preference, cultural factors, geographic factors, market costs and such.

Portals are a four-edged sword

Appaloosa

Knowledge, science, fear, black-powder firearms, crossbows, composite bow, .38/.22 caliber pistols, 9mm pistol, .45 calibur pistol, 12-gauge shotgun, .30-06, .30 caliber, 30 pounder, katana, wakizashi, bastard sword, great sword, sabre, "ninjato", tachi, various knives, baseball bat, staves, clubs and various improvised implements.

Does not compute.

Darkdragon

How do you stop someone from running to the supervisor for every little problem, of which some are so blindingly simple even an average six-year-old should be able to solve them?

Azlan

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 03, 2008, 11:41:00 PM
How do you stop someone from running to the supervisor for every little problem, of which some are so blindingly simple even an average six-year-old should be able to solve them?

Break their legs, then they can't run anywhere.

Darkdragon

What are other alternative strategies if that one becomes unavailable?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 04, 2008, 12:06:06 AM
What are other alternative strategies if that one becomes unavailable?
>:3 No legs, huh? - Steal their wheelchair. :mwaha
Tigriel's got a guest:

xHaZxMaTx

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

Has Shades ever given a feasibly reasonable and logical response to a question before?

ShadesFox

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 08, 2008, 12:42:47 AM
Has Shades ever given a feasibly reasonable and logical response to a question before?

Your stupid look does not even amuse me, must less please me.
The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

Then, does that look fail to qualify as "stupid"?