Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Quote from: Azlan on August 13, 2008, 04:42:51 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on August 11, 2008, 11:46:12 AM
Pretty much just the hammer heads on that list.  The broadside teams can take out the leman russes quickly, but after that guard tend to be target poor for broadsides.  Add to that a lack of mobility and if they don't take out the tanks quickly they get blasted.  The marker lights are finicky and the model shooting it tends to only have a +4 to hit anyways.  The crisis teams tend to get blown up in short order with out inflicting a lot of damage to a guard army.  Hammer heads got a lot more dangerous in 5th edition now that blast weapons don't roll to hit, just scatter like ordinance, and that submunition option is important once the tanks are gone.

Though part of it I suspect is that most people play Tau wrong, trying to make them into the stand and shoot army that is actually filled by the guard.  Just remember, guard win long range fire fights.

What in the name of all that is rational are you talking about Shadesy?

You know, now that you mention it I think you are right Azlan.  In light of the new vehicle damage charts the broadsides do gain in the usefulness category as well, since it will take more rounds to take out most tanks, even low armor tanks.

Oh... wait you were talking about what I was speaking of?  Warhammer 40,000.  Brought about by this, http://www.furaffinity.net/full/1450378/

Quote from: Slowtini on August 14, 2008, 12:10:04 AM
Must we construct additional pylons?

Do we require more vespene gas?

Turn off the computer.  While you're at it, give me your power supply, mine is broken.  Go outside.  Play in the dirt.  It will do you good.

Quote from: Jairus on August 14, 2008, 12:14:33 AM
If Zerg buildings can only grow on the creep, and the creep is only made by Creep Colonies and the Hatcheries, how do the other buildings survive even after the colonies and hatcheries are killed?

Corn bread and gravy.

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 14, 2008, 02:43:41 AM
How do we eliminate hubris?

Knives.  Big fucking knives.
The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

How come some of the best answers to difficult questions are always cynical?

ShadesFox

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 15, 2008, 10:12:10 PM
How come some of the best answers to difficult questions are always cynical?

Your first mistake is taking me too seriously.
Your second mistake is that I HAVE A HUGE FUCKING KNIFE!  And it is shiny...
The All Purpose Fox

VSMIT

Azlan

Quote from: VSMIT on August 15, 2008, 11:36:11 PM
May I see a picture of said knife?

*shhhhhlllliiick*  I'll have to remove it from you first...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkdragon

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

VSMIT

Why is it that Gabi is the only one who really gives realistic answers?

Roureem Egas

Quote from: VSMIT on August 17, 2008, 12:22:19 PM

For me, I haven't been in the mood to give such an answer in a while. And then there's a few questions I don't know the answer to and just don't feel right leaving it aside.

ShadesFox

Quote from: VSMIT on August 17, 2008, 12:22:19 PM

Because your tortured soul is almost as delicious as baked chicken.  Mmm... now I want some baked chicken.

Quote from: VSMIT on August 15, 2008, 11:36:11 PM
May I see a picture of said knife?

Of course!

Behold the knife!  What?  You don't think it is sharp or something?  Maybe you should ask your old friend:

You're not going to make that chicken suffer just because you don't believe me are you?  HUH?  ARE YOU?

Behold!  A chicken cut into 8 parts!  Now preheat the over to 400 degrees and...
*turns around to fiddle with the oven.  Azlan sneaks up from behind and stabs VSMIT with the knife Shades just used.*
Eww... Azzy you know I just used that on chicken right?  You shouldn't use the same knife on different types of meat.  You might contaminate it!
Anyways,

Anyways, cover the parts in olive oil, season with salt and pepper.  Leave in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes per pound of chicken or until all the parts are nice and brown.  NOM!
The All Purpose Fox

Gabi

Happy belated birthday, Shades!

You still haven't backed up your claim about your knife, but I don't think I'd really like to see it do what you said it does. It sounds painful.

And we all give reallistic answers when we feel like it. It's just that some of us feel like it more often than others.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkdragon

Why are all the physical constants the numbers they are?

Tiger_T

Because they are always constant. - Otherwise they would change.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

ShadesFox

I have a question.  Flies seem to have invaded and the AC broke all within days of new roommates moving in.  Would any one mind if I started killing folk?
The All Purpose Fox

Darkdragon

What are the causes for such disrepair?

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on August 21, 2008, 07:55:23 PM
I have a question.  Flies seem to have invaded and the AC broke all within days of new roommates moving in.  Would any one mind if I started killing folk?

Use the knife in VSMIT, that way it is already contaminated.  Have fun, cleanse the evil.

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 21, 2008, 10:08:42 PM
What are the causes for such disrepair?

Normally objects fall into disrepair due to deterioration from a number of different factors.  Effort has to be placed into maintenance to avoid such a decline in the first place.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

VSMIT

Roureem Egas

Quote from: VSMIT on August 23, 2008, 02:40:52 AM
Why dost thou hate me so? :<

Thou hast been forsaken, for thou art not I and I art not thou. :p

Darkdragon

Is there anything Wikipedia not know?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Angel

How does one stop oneself from apologizing too much?

Will remakes ever go away? (Seriously. Rocky Horror, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Ghostbusters are all being considered for remakes. NOT COOL.)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kenji

Quote from: Black_angel on August 24, 2008, 05:31:19 PM
How does one stop oneself from apologizing too much?

Will remakes ever go away? (Seriously. Rocky Horror, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Ghostbusters are all being considered for remakes. NOT COOL.)

Slap yourself. Or electroshock therapy. With a generator.

Not as long as people pay to see them.

Darkdragon

Why will it always rain when you don't want it to, for example, after you washed the car?

ShadesFox

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 24, 2008, 06:13:32 PM
Why will it always rain when you don't want it to, for example, after you washed the car?

Because you only remember the bad things that happen to you, not the good things.
The All Purpose Fox

Zedd

Is it best to get in the keys in the car or in your hand?

Whats the obvious question to the curious answered riddles of the universe?

Any strange moments on a date you have experienced before?

Does red wine go well with the chicken?

Darkdragon

Quote from: ShadesFox on August 24, 2008, 06:18:01 PM
Quote from: Darkdragon on August 24, 2008, 06:13:32 PM

Because you only remember the bad things that happen to you, not the good things.

How come?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Zedd on August 25, 2008, 01:22:58 AM
Is it best to get in the keys in the car or in your hand?

Whats the obvious question to the curious answered riddles of the universe?

Any strange moments on a date you have experienced before?

Does red wine go well with the chicken?
Depends on what type of keys, what kind of car and what sort of hands you have.

It's: 'Really?'

Nope.

Depends on why it crossed the road.

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 26, 2008, 05:38:12 AM
How come?
Well, for starters you won't remember the six times before when there was nice weather for half a week after you washed it last times... Because that's normal. As long as nothing bothers you, or is out of the ordinary, you don't keep record of it. - It's booooring. :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Darkdragon

Is the mentioned case known in the journalism trade as "the man bites dog axiom"?

VSMIT

Why haven't people signed up for the IF game?