Botched birthday

Started by Brunhidden, May 27, 2008, 05:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

yesterday, may 26th, was my wife thoras birthday, and it did not go well

to start off at the buttcrack of midnight i had to run her to the hospital for intense pain in her abdomen, sides, and portions f her back. originally they thought it may be a urinary tract infection.

she did not have a urinary tract infection, or rather, she DID have an infection when she came into the hospital 2 weeks ago for being too weak to walk, but they didn't tell her then. the doctors told her to take it easy...... wait, i just NOW while writing this got a call from her doctor saying yes she does have an infection and needs antibiotics....

thanks for being so prompt, nice to know the day after you send her home.

okay, so thora cant really stand for long, and for her birthday i was going to 1- take her to se indiana jones, which shes been wanting to see for months as shes a big fan. 2- take her to a nice restaurant, probably olive garden, for a quality meal in a fancy atmosphere. and 3- take her shoe shopping as her high heeled army boots and hiking boots are a little hard to get on right now plus a little warm for the summer..... yes, i know, 'shoe shopping' is not really a gift, i felt pretty bad about not being able to think of anything better

she only wanted to do the movie, the rest was too much for her and we went home. thus i felt really bad for not having anything to give her, and due to my being a mopey dick i irritated her and got her grumpy. so for the rest of the day and today too she has not been in a good mood at all...... happy birthday, wheeeee
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

R.A.M.

wheee! :)

but seriously,that sucks.
sorry bout the infection,just let her rest and everyfin should  cool down.

lol

Sofox

Sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well and things brighten up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The fact that you -did- think about it is a good start.

It sucks that you couldn't follow through, and it sucks that the doctors are doing -so- well with it all...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

Wow. That is the worst birthday I've ever heard. My condolences.

rt

[whispers quietly]

See how you get out of trouble is next month, on the right day of that month you take her out for her birthday now that she's all better. And if she says anything about it being the wrong month you get to say "at least I remembered the date" .. and hopefully she has a sence of humor and just laughs and slugs you.

(either that or I got you into a whole lot more trouble)

Thora

hehe, well he HAS to take me out next month - because our anniversary is one month after my birthday.  Literally - it has the same date, just one month later.  And his birthday is one month after that.  The date was picked because if he got to his birthday & forgot the other two, he'd know he's in trouble.   

He hasn't had a problem yet  :mowhappy

But he still wants to make it up, he felt really bad for not being able to do anything on my birthday... but when someone doesn't feel good, it's better to postpone than force them to make the day worse than it already is.... and there's not much anyone can do to help.....