No jedi is safe....

Started by Brunhidden, May 14, 2008, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Some of you may know that in Brittan its legal to list your religion as 'jedi knight', and a few of you may know that almost a full one percent of all britts list jedi as their religion on census polls.

what some of you may not know is that they're in danger!

it seems a man, not a member of the church, dressed up as darth vader, using a garbage bag for a cape, and then proceeded to beat the tar out of a jedi master who lead a congregation of 70 jedi. the beating was accidentally caught on tape with a camera some of the younger knights set up to videotape themselves in lightsabre duels, which is a good thing as the man in question does not remember beating anyone, having consumed the better part of a 2.5 gallon box of wine beforehand

wheres yoda when you need him?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jigsaw Forte

What, no source?

Use the source, Luke!

Darkmoon

Seriously. Reference: 0/10.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bill

Zina

Requesting video of said event.

Joe3210

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355268,00.html
or
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05/13/britain.vader.ap/
or
www.google.com :B

HOLYHEAD, Wales —  A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones — aka Master Jonba Hehol — with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.

He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones — known as Master Mormi Hehol — bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.

The two cousins and Barney Jones' brother, Daniel, set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year. Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the "Star Wars" films.

The group, which claims about 30 members, says on its Web site that it uses "insight and knowledge" from the films as "a guide to living a better and more worthwhile life."

"We all love the films and what they stand for. Obviously some people are going to laugh about it," the Wales on Sunday newspaper quoted Barney Jones as saying last month. "But a lot of people do take it seriously."

Unfortunately for Hughes, his March attack was recorded on a video camera that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.

"Darth Vader! Jedis!" Hughes shouted as he approached.

Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the better part of a 2 1/2-gallon box of wine beforehand.

"He knows his behavior was wrong and didn't want it to happen but he has no recollection of it," said Hughes' lawyer, Frances Jones.

District Judge Andrew Shaw sentenced Hughes to two months in jail but suspended the sentence for one year. He also ordered Hughes to pay $195 to each of his victims and $117 in court costs.

In the 2001 United Kingdom census, 390,000 — 0.7 percent of the population — listed Jedi as their religion.

I couldn't find the video.  I'll try again in a few days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHjL5EvfKs
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Obviously these masters weren't very strong in the Force, were they, if they didn't see this coming...

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

"Blind we are, if attack of this drunk Vader-wannabe, we could not see."
"I think it is time to inform the British Parliament that our ability to use Force never existed, and that we have been voting under a made-up religion."
"If informed the Parliament is, multiply, the drunk Vader-wannabes will."
:)

Alondro

Well duh.

The Jedi in the newer films were pretty stupid and shortsighted, if you ask me.  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Alondro on May 14, 2008, 07:01:21 PM
Well duh.

The Jedi in the newer films were pretty stupid and shortsighted, if you ask me.  :P
I remember hearing a theory that, at the time, they were suffering from Conservation of Ninjitsu with the Force, because they had a whole Order looking after the entire Republic, while the Sith was made up of a single mastermind plus Expendable minions. Thus, the soon-to-be-Emperor had power enough to mask all of his activities, and even his very true identity at point-blank range.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 14, 2008, 11:07:09 AM
What, no source?

Use the source, Luke!

apologies, i usually dont list sources because immediately thereafter someone tries to discredit them, or make fun of me reading a newspaper

if you really must know i read this on the Wii news channel

what really is icing on the cake is that vader was beating the man with crutches, thats just ludicrous
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The question is, whose crutches?

If his own, sure. If someone else's, that's another matter entirely.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 14, 2008, 06:22:35 PM
Obviously these masters weren't very strong in the Force, were they, if they didn't see this coming...

;-]

their lack of faith was disturbing.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..