CN: CTW - War Over - Briefing (upd: 2008-05-21)

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, May 12, 2008, 03:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tezkat on May 17, 2008, 07:00:47 PMRegardless, you may continue attacking until further notice. SOAP's hitting both of our targets now as well. :animesweat

So many SOAP's are hitting our targets now that it won't let me hit Perplakistan. :P

Tezkat

Heh... you guys were too slow.  :mowtongue If any slots open up, you're authorized to strike if you want.

I was surprised to see this guy on Blitzkrieg's roster today. He's either got balls of steel or brains of mush, joining a micro alliance that's currently at war with an entire bloc. :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

James StarRunner

Heheh... What happened was, I was an an anime con and concert the past few days and the net at the hotel barrrrrely worked.

With my targets being occupied methinks it's time to find someone new on that alliance that I can attack.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Update: Elysium has called for PoW status for anyone from Blitzkrieg who wants to surrender...
Quote from: Young Caesar
So one day mhawk came to me and said im feeling very generous today, and gave me such a proposition. This proposition said that any nation of the alliance of Blitzkrieg willing to abide by these terms will be granted peace. He gave me such terms:
1) Switch AA to Pegasus POW
2) Register on the Elysium forum
3) Stay in Pegasus POW until conclusion of the war
4) resign from Blitzkrieg in the alliance resignation thread
To this proposition i replied, "these are very fair terms sir, dont you want to punish them a little for what they have done?" He replied "people should have a second chance in life." I agreed with this statement.
The resignation thread is here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213

... for those of you who get sent messages from the targets, and don't read the Elysium forums. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Actually... the surrender terms have changed slightly. Blitzkrieg gets to stay together as an alliance.

In any event, congrats on a good job, guys! We won! :mowcookie

You may stand down now.

techmaster-glitch

But what happens to that Barbarossa/Heinz guy who started all this?

Tezkat

Hmm... he gets to wallow in his own failure as a person? :3 He's on our perma-ZI list, which basically means he'll be attacked on sight should he ever poke his head out again.

If I may quote my post on the CN forums:

Quote from: TezkatHeinz/Barbarossa/DLK/whatever can reroll as many times as he likes. Of course nobody can stop him. It's his own pride, arrogance, and (one can only assume) stupidity that prevents him from letting go.

Most likely, he'll delete his current nation and try to pull this crap again somewhere else. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of thing.

Blitzkrieg members must register on Elysium's forums where we can keep track of them, and they'll be assigned a viceroy to oversee their new government. One hopes that they'll learn their lesson this time. If not, we'll be visiting them again in a month, I guess. >:]

Tezkat

Well, as mentioned earlier, the war with Blitzkrieg is now over. If you haven't already, please send peace offers to your opponents.

There's an official victory announcement up on the CN forums, if any of you are interested.

So... now it's time for feedback. How'd it go? What went well? What didn't go well? What information or resources would you liked to have had?

I think you all did very well. :mowcookie We were fortunate to have "safe" opponents for our first military outing. James did a great job for only having played a week. I was impressed by how much damage Joe was able to do. I guess bombers aren't quite as useless at that level as I thought. SOAP stole Aiyno's targets, but I'm sure he would also have done well given the chance.

I noticed that there were some communication difficulties regarding targets and timing. What could we have done to make it more clear?

Organizing quads is apparently rather difficult for us due to time zone issues. How many of you would be able to make a midnight attack (10 pm PST, 1 am EST, 5 am GMT) in the future?

More importantly... was it fun? :kittycool Elysium and the Poseidon alliances are rarely short of opponents for long, so we'll have a chance to do it again in the future.

James StarRunner

Ya, it was fun. Sometimes it's hard to plan an attack right before the update due to work (I get off usually just as the update happens), but I can see how that can benefit on the first day of war especially.

My own overuse of aid slots made it hard for me at first, but now that I know better, it shouldn't be an issue any longer. I did well though since I was so well funded and merely followed instructions. ;)

The only thing I'm still unsure of is the term quad...

Tezkat

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 21, 2008, 06:16:42 AM
Ya, it was fun. Sometimes it's hard to plan an attack right before the update due to work (I get off usually just as the update happens), but I can see how that can benefit on the first day of war especially.

The only thing I'm still unsure of is the term quad...

That's simple enough.

You can make two attacks per day (for each type and battle front). A CN day ends at midnight CST. So... if you attack right before and right after the update, you can get in four attacks of each type before your opponent has a chance to respond--hence the term quad. A properly executed quad will usually thrust the target into anarchy. Without a warchest to keep them going, an opponent in anarchy often won't have enough income to fund their war effort, so a first strike update blitz (multiple nations executing quads simultaneously against all the strong nations in an alliance) can cripple an alliance and goes a long way towards determining the victor.

Thus, warchests are a very good idea. Everyone should make an effort to have at least a few days collection on hand in case of war (or dramatic changes to game mechanics like the one Kevin pulled on us this week). Personally, I'm now making an effort not to let my bank balance go below $50 million, so I'll always have cash on hand for aids and warfare.

Incidentally, quads only really matter at the outset of the war. After the initial attack, you can attack at almost any time of day so long as you keep the damage flowing.

(Note, however, that time of day does actually affect battle outcomes, depending on relative technology levels.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's a warning out that we should be alert this weekend - all pegasus nations, for some reason.

You may want to bounce your defcon up to 1 for the weekend. I'm still trying to get hold of someone to find out what it's about.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.

Diplomacy.

22:13 <~mhawk> some folks tried to aggresively merge with some pegasus alliances
22:13 <~mhawk> we're currently hitting the leader that was trying it

Also, Joe, you might want to offer peace to Perplakistan, if you haven't already...

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

James StarRunner

Thinned their numbers out then. I'm still half expecting them to retaliate.

Suwako

Can I spend my 3 million warchest for random stuff?

Cause I failed to attack I have all.... of it.. still.

Tezkat

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 24, 2008, 11:40:50 PM
Thinned their numbers out then. I'm still half expecting them to retaliate.

Oh, I think they've learned their lesson. :3

It's kinda sad when people quit over wars, though. War is such a large part of the game...

Quote from: Aiyno on May 25, 2008, 03:34:06 AM
Can I spend my 3 million warchest for random stuff?

Cause I failed to attack I have all.... of it.. still.

Well, it's always a good idea to have some money in the bank. Warchest = Good, especially if we're still on alert. But it's probably safe to redirect it towards growth.

And, seriously, Ainyo... RAISE YOUR TAXES TO 28%!!! :dface

Suwako

Quote from: Tezkat on May 25, 2008, 11:48:24 AM

And, seriously, Ainyo... RAISE YOUR TAXES TO 28%!!! :dface

How the...

ugh, never mind .. they're 28 again... wacky thingies..