Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherman

I don't really know who bluestreak is.  All I know is that hes a regular GOON who pretends to be important.  Any of you guys hoping on the new AE server?

Kasarn

Quote from: fisherman on November 22, 2008, 10:59:27 AM
Any of you guys hoping on the new AE server?

At first I was likie, "wtf is that?" and then I googled AE and it didn't give any useful hits. Then I was like, "Astro Empires. durrhurr I am a retard"

I've always thought about it, but I've been a bit bleh about it because of the supposedly rather intense raiding. However, it looks like they've changed the rules.

Darkdragon

Quote from: fisherman on November 22, 2008, 10:59:27 AM
Any of you guys hoping on the new AE server?
Don't really plan to. I don't have time. I might change if my schedule eases anytime soon.

For those of you who might not have checked yet, Galava has implemented its Castle system, which includes an armoury, university, workshop and arcanus resets. It takes a whole day to build something so I have no words on that yet.

My army re-equipping fee totals to 30,563,078 gold.  D:

I'm going to re-tool my workshop. Which ones are most efficient?

Kasarn

I joined AE and was dropped in F15.

Quote from: Darkdragon on November 23, 2008, 04:14:02 AM
I'm going to re-tool my workshop. Which ones are most efficient?

Siege Towers, Trenches and Tar

Barriers and Outposts have a niche purpose in slowing attacks and then switching to Trenches/Tar.

Rams are handy for destroying walls (duh). Other siege weapons are at your discretion as destroying buildings serves little purpose beyond being spiteful.

fisherman

siege towers are awesome

as for def i have outpost/barrier at 5 and then tar/trench at 5.  If you're away from your compy a lot i suggest outpost/barrier

Tezkat

Hmm... I haven't really been paying much attention to Galava... just logging in every 3 days or so collect taxes. Since I haven't spent any of it in the past few weeks, I now have zillions of munnies in case anyone wants to borrow them for castles and troops and stuff.
:mowcookie

I'm not up to date on the political landscape, either, but I'm pretty cool with the GOONS if you guys want to negotiate something with them.

As for Astro Empires... uh... I'm practically retired from the games I'm playing now, so I don't see myself adding anything to my game portfolio just yet. Maybe later? :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd borrow some more, but heck if I know what I'd do with it (other than the current standing offer to dole some out to the younger players if they want) and I've probably already borrowed enough...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on November 23, 2008, 04:56:10 PM
Hmm... I haven't really been paying much attention to Galava... just logging in every 3 days or so collect taxes. Since I haven't spent any of it in the past few weeks, I now have zillions of munnies in case anyone wants to borrow them for castles and troops and stuff.
:mowcookie
I'd like 31 million to cover my troop re-armament cost, if that isn't too much to ask. :)
Feel free to give more if you have that to spare.  :3

Joe3210

Fisher guy wants to give me aid.  Should I accept?
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

No reason you shouldn't.

Note that aid is generally small enough to be pointless, I think, but there's no reason you shouldn't accept. Other than that we still owe him a stack of prog...

Darkdragon

Fisherman, does everyone in your guild know of the treaty between our two groups? I was attacked by Hyran, but peace was declared. I would like to merely double check. Thanks in advance.

Joe3210

I have three outgoing slots free.  How much does he need?

Edit:  It seems that I can only send two progression every week if he doesn't send anything my way.

lawl

James StarRunner

Why am I getting money from you Joe?

Joe3210

I thought you needed aid.

lawl

James StarRunner

I have enough money. I'm really just here now to support others. Anyone need cheap progression? I'll likely stay at this level for awhile to grind up your numbers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I wouldn't say no.

Joe3210

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 09, 2008, 08:40:31 PM
I have enough money. I'm really just here now to support others. Anyone need cheap progression? I'll likely stay at this level for awhile to grind up your numbers.
I see.  Thanks for clarifying.

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 09, 2008, 08:40:31 PM

*cough*

"cheap" is not the same as "free"... some conversation regarding remuneration might be appropriate... ;-]

James StarRunner

We'll talk prices later. The first one's on me.

Darkdragon

James:
Quote from: Darkdragon on October 17, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
2. If you can, can you send spies to other people well out of the range of war declaration, since if I remember correctly, one needs to be in war mode to obtain spy data and if you can, it might be a good investment to invest in an intelligence-gathering department.

Remember this? Do you think you want to give it a shot now that you have war slots and can send spies? Also regarding spies, you should choose the option of "Share spy data with guild" so we can see the data. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind buying some cheap progression.

James StarRunner

Ok, I've just been semi-inactive recently. I really should build up some troops just in case.

fisherman

Everyone should know of our alliance.  I am eagerly awaiting the next update.

Tezkat

Hmm... we have a random new applicant:

I'm a veteran of lunarwars that no longer plays it since nukes became really gay. Was trying to apply for THUGZ, but I hate how they make you log into their forums and talk on irc with them when I just want to play galava mostly. A lot of the big guilds do that for some reason, to make themselves feel more important I guess. I want to join your guild because it is small enough that it is probably neutral as far as politics go, but also safe because of an small, but strong and active base. I have about 400k soldiers right now, but I don't want to go into war mode until I get accepted because it can be dangerous without a guild tag next to your name. And once in the guild, if you need me to fight in any conflict, thats fine with me.

Anyone approve?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't disapprove. Be nice if he dropped by the forum, at least to say "hi", though.

If he's not in the forum, how are we supposed to gain his attention to get him to fight in any wars? Just drop him a PM?

Tezkat

Well... I suppose we could actually start using those built-in bulletin systems and such... :animesweat

I'm somewhat hesitant to invite all comers to the forums right away. He's already tried out two guilds and found them wanting, so there's no guarantee he'll stick around. Given that we haven't really bothered securing any part of this board, it's a potential risk (to our allies as well as us) to have random people wandering around. :B

BTW, did anything come of the overtures with the GOONS?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Point.

I dunno about the GOONs, I wasn't talking to them...

Tezkat

Well, we probably won't be seeing him around here, but he does seem nice enough...

I just don't like forums, and I will probably never use them. Its not that I'm not concerned about the guild or its politics, its just that I want to play the game without forums or irc. If you need me to attack someone or do something, you will have to message me in game, but other than that, I'll be loyal to DMFA's cause

Since there were no objections raised or whatnot, I figured I'd give the guy a chance and approve his membership.

Cogidubnus

I'm about to get blindsided by about 600,000 troops. Ehrm. Let's see if all that defensive land and defense-based castle do anything, then.

Any help that people might be able to give would be appreciated. :animesweat

Darkdragon

Unfortunately, without enough troops (as is your case), there's not much we can do, especially if the attacks are on their way. (The guy's out of my comfortable attack range) You are, however, welcome to invoke the ODP with Thugz and hope he backs out.

For the time being, put everything in the storehouse and everything else on the market for huge prices. Do not spend resources during the last minute on long building queues as they will get destroyed if they raid your province (which will happen 90% of the time). I'll provide some reconstruction resources (Although for food you're better off asking llearch) to get your empire up running in the case he tramples you over, and consider investing in 300,000+ strong soldiers. I'm paranoid enough to say that's not enough. Best of luck.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, I've got 2.7m food lying about - it's cheap enough, etc. You want some, ask, and we'll arrange it while I'm online to get it to you cheap...