05/17/08 [#80] - Team Andromeda is a-go!

Started by Sunblink, May 17, 2008, 10:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Hey, my first Last Resort topic! Awesome. :3

Now what's this about step-siblings? I guess Daisy's even more closely related to Jigsaw than we thought before. Jigsaw's family's already pretty familiar with her, anyway, although not in an immediately pleasant manner.

PS: Team Andromeda is a great name.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Is it just me, or has the way Jigsaw is drawn changed over the last three strips?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think it's just you. She's been different to how she was early on, but she's also been reasonably consistent over the last five or six strips, as well, so...

Trick of the light, maybe? Or just the way she's been acting, hence standing differently?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 18, 2008, 04:28:21 PM
I think it's just you. She's been different to how she was early on, but she's also been reasonably consistent over the last five or six strips, as well, so...

Trick of the light, maybe? Or just the way she's been acting, hence standing differently?

I'm pretty sure it's the colored outlines, actually. I think Jigsaw was experimenting with a new coloring style with this page, which makes the characters look fairly different.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 18, 2008, 04:30:55 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 18, 2008, 04:28:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the colored outlines, actually. I think Jigsaw was experimenting with a new coloring style with this page, which makes the characters look fairly different.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

*DING DING DING*

But yeah, there's a bit of an evolutionary gap in this one thanks to a suggestion to start coloring the lines to be a dark grey instead of a true black. I'd done a couple other images in this fashion before this page (for example, Spiral's mugshot), and I think the overall conclusion is that it makes the lineart less harsh.

If y'all have any opinions, let me know by all means. :)

Tapewolf

Well since you ask, I'm not sure.  I seem to be rather turned off by coloured lines most times I've seen it done - just a matter of taste, I guess.

However, what drew my attention to this strip in particular was Jigsaw's face in the main panel.  It seems rather flat compared to #78.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2008, 05:19:42 PM
Well since you ask, I'm not sure.  I seem to be rather turned off by coloured lines most times I've seen it done - just a matter of taste, I guess.

However, what drew my attention to this strip in particular was Jigsaw's face in the main panel.  It seems rather flat compared to #78.

*wince*

Technically an artistic error, but I'm gonna chalk it up to the lighting. I don't tend to like the look of putting half the character's face in shading if the lighting is supposed to be somewhat bright in the room, especially as I think it gives Jiggy and any other furry I try this on a five-o'clock shadow.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on May 18, 2008, 06:17:32 PM
Technically an artistic error, but I'm gonna chalk it up to the lighting. I don't tend to like the look of putting half the character's face in shading if the lighting is supposed to be somewhat bright in the room, especially as I think it gives Jiggy and any other furry I try this on a five-o'clock shadow.
Fair enough.  No endeavour is entirely free of problems.  For the record, I feel guilty about pointing that out  :rolleyes

stiletto

Draw a line that would be the round surface of Jig's head, and then draw a line between the eyes. Big difference on this one, less surface conformity... My opinion atleast. Jigsaw made the most awesome sound when I made a comment about it to her on AIM xD

Brunhidden

Quote from: stiletto on May 18, 2008, 09:28:32 PM

Draw a line that would be the round surface of Jig's head, and then draw a line between the eyes. Big difference on this one, less surface conformity... My opinion atleast. Jigsaw made the most awesome sound when I made a comment about it to her on AIM xD

and now i kinda wanna see a skull from that species, gotta be so funky lookin
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.