Mirror Mirror Plot Arc

Started by Destina Faroda, June 14, 2006, 03:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Since there aren't enough people to justify making a comic thread a day, maybe it would be better to discuss the plot arcs as they develop.

For all the times that the gang has tried to weasel out of battles, it seems a bit odd that they're taking the initiative here.  Maybe it's not such a good thing for them to go on the offesive.  The others haven't attacked yet and actually seem like they could be decent people (except Alternate Alec and I'd presume Alternate Princess as well).

P.S.  I think the archives page needs a little updating, unless you're planning on waiting for this arc to continue before doing any rearrainging.  The latters' the only reason why I don't jump in.

P.P.S.  You're seriously behing on comentaries on CVRPG and DSWC.  Shame!  ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

What's wrong with the archives?

And no, they aren't exactly taking the initiative here. All they're doing is trying to get the first strike in through disdirection so that they can end the battle as fast as possible. If that doesn't work, they're normal state would be fleeing.

Destina Faroda

Nothing's wrong except a few minor things, such as Chapter 10: Lost Adventurers.  You have the links posted from Comic 285 - Current, but in reality the plot arc ends in Comic 334.  The actual page for the arc is fine, but archive.php file needs updating, unless

As for Out of the Darkness, the links point to the right place but read, "ToF #1 - ToF Current" instead.

Yes, I do nothing but stand back and criticize.

If you don't reply before you update, I'll offer my latest comments by editing this thread.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I hadn't noticed those. I'll fix em when I'm at home.

Destina Faroda

Okay, maybe I shouldn't say this, but I'm a bit disappointed.  It just seems like with this comic, the narrative slowed down.  I thought either a battle would erupt, or something would happen other than the natural conclusion (Alternate D and D getting ready to fight).  I mean it's going to be Monday and there's no real hook for me to chew on.  Then again, there are the two weeklies, so I'm not crying...yet...
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I didn't feel like this comic was ripe for the attack yet. The Alt-D is a overblown windbag. He may or may not be stronger (you'll see), but he does take his time to get going. Besides, it's not like he feels endangered. Katrina hit them with a summon and Alt-Alec healed the damage with ease.

We'll get to the battle. I just wanted the right setup.

Destina Faroda

Even though it's not part of the arc, OotD was the funniest it's been yet...and funnier than mainline CVRPG.  I'm still laughing.  That comic was VERY well done.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

;)

One thing I like about Dmoon's Backstory arc is that I can just make comics for it and I don't have to be too detailed in my story telling. I can just do scenes that give the overall story without trying to be too serious about it.

Destina Faroda

CVRPG was funny, but DSWC was absolutely hilarious.  I love the fact that you're finding fresh material for Final Fantasy Origins (and by extension, Final Fantasy for NES) that doesn't overlap into 8-Bit Theatre style jokes.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

8-Bit stopped being funny years ago.

Nimrods Son

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 20, 2006, 08:53:15 AM
8-Bit stopped being funny years ago.
All that remains is greatness.

Destina Faroda

On the contrary, I think 8-Bit is still funny.  Maybe it's gotten away from the idea of making fun of Final Fantasy specifically and went in a more original direction, but it still manages to give me a laugh about 70% of the time.

Now about today's CVRPG.  This is a far better than the previous Mirror Miirror comics,  since something's actually happening.  That and I can tell you worked hard on it, as you can see how each of the matchups is actually unfolding.  It is a very smart use of the comic form.  I also like the quips.  But I have to ask...why is Alternate Princess's font color orange?
Sig coming...whenever...

Sin Ominous

Also, how come is there not an Angel doppelganger?

Darkmoon

It's orange cause her outfit is orange.

Spig: Guess...

Damaris

mwahahaha, I know the answer Spig.  And I think that the answer has actually been given at some point in the comic, if that helps.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Sin Ominous

Well, throw me a dunce cap. Should've thought it was her.

Xuzaf D

I'm really not understanding Spig's line of logic here. Are you still talking about the no-Angel-clone thing?

Darkmoon

He's saying that he thinks Sindra is Angel's clone. She isn't, but that's what he thought.

Xuzaf D

Yeah... I think I've got it then, especially after this last one. Angel is four-dimensional and is immune to whatever time warp that allows the other charactors to co-exist with themselves.

Damaris

*applauds and gives Dalmunda a gold star*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Xuzaf D

Ack! That gold star got glitter everywhere...

ilpalazzo

It's dalmundas the fairy, come on D'moon lets catch him.