Whoops, wrong house

Started by Sufurin Scorda, April 22, 2008, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sufurin Scorda

[link]

QuoteAs with all drug raids, the element of surprise was essential.

It was 6.30am when half a dozen policemen with sledgehammers smashed the window of the red-brick terrace house and piled in to find their target.

Instead of junkies crazed on crack, however, they found school dinner lady Kathleen Oldham sitting in her dressing-gown enjoying an early-morning cup of tea.
(Read the article for the rest.)

Holy shit. Are drugs so bad, you have to break windows and doors now? It's just...insane. Especially when they make mistakes.

And I like the part about Lara Croft at the bottom of the article. Paranoid much?

techmaster-glitch

Holy shit. Are drugs so bad, you have to break windows and doors now? It's just...insane. Especially when they make mistakes.
A few of them are. As for mistakes, every human makes them, but whoever was coordinating must have really mucked up...

Hey, at least we aren't talking Nazi or Stalinist Russian secret police who would have been going in without stopping and arrest or kill anyone they saw X(

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Morning, Officers. What can I do for you?" *slurp*

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

In many of the drug cases, the big-time dealers have a virtual arsenal in their homes, often with bullet-proof equipment and automatic weapons which they aquire from smuggling rings overseas or from Mexico.

Once more, Singapore has the right idea of how to deal with drug dealers.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Alondro on April 23, 2008, 09:26:17 AM
Once more, Singapore has the right idea of how to deal with drug dealers.   >:3
How do they deal with drug dealers? :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 23, 2008, 09:46:18 AM
How do they deal with drug dealers? :B

If you have -any- drugs, you end up in jail. If you have more than a trivial amount, you get death. Or life in a very very nasty prison, if you're unlucky.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Quote from: Dak on April 22, 2008, 08:59:32 PM

No, it's the people that use them that are bad and, depending on the drug, can be very dangerous.
And what's this "now" business? Breaking down the door is pretty typical for drug raids.

Sufurin Scorda

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 22, 2008, 09:14:19 PM
A few of them are. As for mistakes, every human makes them, but whoever was coordinating must have really mucked up...

Hey, at least we aren't talking Nazi or Stalinist Russian secret police who would have been going in without stopping and arrest or kill anyone they saw X(
BS, only aliens make mistakes! Humans are perfect. :rolleyes

Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but they could at least check and make sure it's a gang hideout or something and not a little old lady's house.

Quote from: Zina on April 23, 2008, 02:33:19 PMAnd what's this "now" business? Breaking down the door is pretty typical for drug raids.
I'm behind on the times. :dface

Valynth

Quote from: Dak on April 22, 2008, 08:59:32 PM

Considering how drug lords make enough money to qualify as their own country and are, more often than not, better equipped than most military groups with the man power to match.....  Yes, busting down doors is necessary in a drug raid.

And yes, mistakes happen, whatcha gonna do? *shrugs*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Jim Halisstrad

Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha! 
The war on drugs, every body looses, no one passes go.
On one hand you have a bunch of uptight douche bags telling us what we can and can't do to our own bodies.  Yet on the other hand we have Burnouts, Criminals, and general ne'er do wells.
Big Brother, or Thuggy Mc Thuggerson.

*edit*
This line below this one is sarcastic in all accounts.  I just realized that it didn't come off that way. */edit*

Personally, I think the government should just regulate certain drugs, but hey that would be to much work and all drugs are bad and only bad people do them.  Prohibition always works *nod nod nod nod nod nod nod*

*edit*

In all actuality, I'm for hard drugs being illegal, BUT on the other hand I seriously doubt that joe shmoe's 8ball of crack is going to end the freaking world.

King Of Hearts

*watches a 9 year old buy GTA*

Right.

gh0st

Quote from: King Of Hearts on April 23, 2008, 08:03:13 PM
*watches a 9 year old buy GTA*

Right.

wow kids do that a lot older where you are, a friend of mine was seven when he first heard the phrase "and if you run the hooker over you can get your money back"