I just saved myself $300+!

Started by Fizzbit, July 09, 2006, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzbit

Well, not that the credits I got were needed for my planned curriculum, but that's okay :D

I took my high school AP (Advanced Placement) test for AP U.S. History back in May. The class I took was the High school equivalent of a College course and I could obtain college credit hours with the AP test at the end of the year.

My test score came back and I earned 3 college credit hours with the test. That's a whole semester! I only had to pay $86 for the test, but better that than $300+ in college, right?

I plan on majoring in Graphic Design, and as far as I know, U.S. History isn't needed for that curriculum, but I could be wrong or it could be added in before I get into college. Still, it's good to have them ^_^

Damaris

If you go to a liberal arts school, they tend to require you to take a bunch of classes on social sciences, science, humanities, etc.

So, it will do you some good.  Congratulations!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Fizzbit

Eh, I'm just going to a local State University. They have a pretty good Art department though. I don't want to travel too far for college and there's no specialized colleges for art or anything anywhere near where I live.

Darkmoon

Then yeah, you'll need it. They'll want you to take at least one general history class.