Hey Look A Newb! *Points at self*

Started by Marcus Lupus, March 17, 2008, 11:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus Lupus

Hi I'm new here. A good friend recommended DMFA so after reading the comic and Abel's story I decided to join the forums. So here I am... Um... Now what?

Eibborn

Now a whole bunch of weirdos say crazy stuff to you, as is customary in newbie threads. =D

Welcome in!
/kicks the internet over

Roureem Egas

Indeed. Welcome, and be wary of fearsome boxes and other such dangers.  :reading

Suwako

Reese Tora

OMG, noob!

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!
Fremde, etranger, stranger.
Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,
Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.*

:villagepeople

(note to self, babblefish is not your friend for providing translations of song lyrics to abide by forum rules)
*welcomely, welcome, welcome
stranger, stranger, stranger
To see Gluklich**, I am enchant
Happy to see you, remains, remain, stay

**babblefish doesn't like words without thier proper accented letters
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hiya, welcome, nice to see you.

I'd warn you to watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for folks, but that's a bit redundant, and I'd list some folks you should particularly keep an eye on - especially any boxes - but that's already been done, so meh.

Oh, and have a nice day.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pagan

Yeah, there's warnings... but that's been done already. So here you are. Stay awhile, make yourself comfy.

Welcome to the Mansion.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Pagan

That was shameless.

But listen to the guy with a giant cut in his thumb, his comic is worth reading.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Marcus Lupus

I'll check it out soon. Sorry about the lame intro. I was in the land of "it's too late to be getting up at 5:30 in the morning" Some things that you should know about me is that I'm a furry from the Boston area, I've been in the fandom for some time now and on some forums I'm also known at Fabius Defessus. Other than that thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the heads up about the boxes, they can be pretty annoying with those corners and 6 sides.  :square

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard, read the rules etc.  While they're not as entertaining as the comics, they are pretty important.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 18, 2008, 07:47:58 PM
Welcome aboard, read the rules etc.  While they're not as entertaining as the comics, they are pretty important.

We had a decision to make, there. Funny or useful. We went with useful. Mores the pity.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Thumb Laceration Guy on March 18, 2008, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: Marcus Lupus on March 17, 2008, 11:36:01 PM
Now what?

Read a good comic. Read CVRPG.

Do you have any recommendations as to what the good comic should be?  :footinmouth

(honestly, I quite enjoy CVRPG, I dunno why some people can't get past the sprite based facade and enjoy the humorous writting.)
(Why does the spell check not catch "dunno"? It's not a real word, just a slang shortening of "don't know".)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on March 18, 2008, 10:52:48 PM
Do you have any recommendations as to what the good comic should be?  :footinmouth

Ooo, point for Reese. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Good comics taste like charcoal. :B

Darkmoon

Quote from: Thumb Laceration Guy on March 18, 2008, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: Marcus Lupus on March 17, 2008, 11:36:01 PM
Now what?

Read a good comic. Read CVRPG.

(honestly, I quite enjoy CVRPG, I dunno why some people can't get past the sprite based facade and enjoy the humorous writting.)
(Why does the spell check not catch "dunno"? It's not a real word, just a slang shortening of "don't know".)

Fair point. To revise my statement...

Read a good comic: CVRPG.

Better?