[Comic] 29/09/08 (Project Future Pg. 32 remixed)

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2008, 06:32:01 PM
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on June 27, 2008, 05:15:07 PM
His shades reminded me of Andrew Eldrich.
OK, that made me laugh.  Maybe Ren is a fan of the Sisters of Mercy, I wouldn't know...

Well, I am a fan of the "Sisters of Mercy". :3 And I also love different shades or glasses in general.

Dannysaysnoo

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

Brunhidden

nuns aren't so bad, as a child i befriended a convent of nuns- they taught me how to play cards, make party dip, and the proper way to bet on sports teams. they also made a mean stollen
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on July 11, 2008, 12:07:49 AM
nice but why so much hate at the nuns?
Because they're distinctive, and what the heck are they doing in the courtroom anyway?  It could have been clowns or something, but I suspect it was probably inspired by A Very Peculiar Practice.

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 11, 2008, 03:21:35 AM
nuns aren't so bad, as a child i befriended a convent of nuns- they taught me how to play cards, make party dip, and the proper way to bet on sports teams. they also made a mean stollen
My aunt used to be one, actually.

Anyway.  Page 21 will be ready to go this evening on schedule.  After that, Ren is being dragged off again for three weeks.
I believe I can do at least page 22, maybe page 23 as well, from existing art to keep the story going (it will be replaced with the official versions when possible).  Page 24 will need new lineart, so we'll probably have a guest strip for that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: e_voyager on July 11, 2008, 12:07:49 AM
nice but why so much hate at the nuns?
Also, you can never know if a nun is not actually a disguised ninja! And there are also nuns who are both nuns and ninjas at the same time. They call themselves Bene Gesserit.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 11, 2008, 05:11:26 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on July 11, 2008, 03:21:35 AM
My aunt used to be one, actually.

My grandfather wanted me to be one.

No sarcasm intended.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 11, 2008, 11:22:10 AM

No sarcasm intended.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
:eek I, for one, am very glad you aren't...

Brunhidden

its not a bad life, but it takes a special kind of person to have the devotion required or you will get seriously bored.

theres ways around it, the nuns i knew spent every Sunday and Monday glued to the TV with big foam fingers as they cheered for football teams, two days a week was card night as they alternated between sheepshead and a complex game called 'hand and foot'.

however if you want true boredom i tried for a while to join the clergy, specifically to become a monk, a carmelite monk. I didn't really understand how boring a life it would have been until i gave up studying due to a speech impediment. i have no idea how they don't go mad, theres nothing to do except bless things.

then again carmelites are cool- Armageddon is an old word meaning 'hill of bricks' and is a place not an event. today its called mount caramel and the carmelites have a somewhat obscure relationship with it. among the chief duties of the carmelites is the maintaining of a large shrine known as 'holy hill' which is famous for healing miracles, and the upkeep of a large all you can eat Sunday brunch at the same location.

yeah, come eat at the buffet of the apocalypse, weve got black pudding and doom muffins  :mowtongue

QuoteWrite it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he know that every day is Doomsday.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 11, 2008, 02:37:15 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 11, 2008, 11:22:10 AM

No sarcasm intended.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
:eek I, for one, am very glad you aren't...

She'd be very easy to spot, though. Very distinctive in the bright yellow habit.  *grins*

That's also pretty neat, Brun. I think I'm going to have to try and eat there some day... >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 11, 2008, 03:12:58 PM
Armageddon is an old word meaning 'hill of bricks' and is a place not an event.

"Armageddon is not the final battle
It's just the place where it will be
And it won't be fun for you
And it won't be fun for me..."
-- 'Apocalypse in 4/4', DOUG the Eagle (Pancake Ferret LP)

Anyway, page 21 is now up and entirely free of nuns.

**EDIT**
In case anyone is curious, Joshua is saying:
"Don't hurt my soul... oh my gods... Wait!  Stop!  I'll do anything!  Kill me if you want but...  not my soul... please, gods...  don't hurt my soul... I'll..."

"..."
"Where did he go?"

GabrielsThoughts

I see, the old monster under the bed routine...I'll give 2 points for originality, and that was for the "TA" at the end which made me laugh my head off for some reason.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Brunhidden

yes, dance away from the crime scene, and don't forget your straw hat and cane.

what gets me is why did he quick look under the bed? most people are unlikely to see anything more sinister then dust bunnies, elderly sandwiches, and very very flat monsters

QuoteThe trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 12, 2008, 04:15:24 AM
what gets me is why did he quick look under the bed? most people are unlikely to see anything more sinister then dust bunnies, elderly sandwiches, and very very flat monsters
It depends on the bed but if it doesn't have inbuilt drawers, a person can usually hide under one.  (Remember the scene in Jabberwocky where the Page gets squished...)

Tezkat suggested (WRT this strip) that an incubus or succubus who wanted to screw around with someone's dreams may well be able to perceive both the dream state and reality at the same time.
Either way, I assumed that if they were going to do this, they would want to hide just in case someone else entered the room or something.  Lurking under the bed was the most obvious.

Joshua, as you can probably tell is very scared of 'Cubi on behalf of their soul-eating reputation. So when he wakes up, he wants to be damn sure if there really was an incubus or whether he dreamed it.  If he had found nothing under the bed he'd probably have checked the cupboards.
Either way, he's going to mention it to Kris in the next strip.

**EDIT**

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 11, 2008, 10:21:59 PM
I see, the old monster under the bed routine...I'll give 2 points for originality, and that was for the "TA" at the end which made me laugh my head off for some reason.

Actually that's one of the less original lines in the strip - it's paraphrased from the game Stormbringer where a voice in the wishing-well shouts "Ta for the egg, mate!" if you drop the golden egg down it.

Brunhidden

come to think of it when i first moved in with Thora i napped under her bed fairly often- she had a bed in the living room instead of a couch so it didn't have much in storage under it. mostly it was good to spook the cat, and one visitor (a friend we met online) was a bit puzzled when the bed/couch spoke to her butt.

you cant blame cubi, messing with people is such great fun, and i bet those souls are just so gosh darned nummy.

QuoteI was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

Ryan_Galen

Well, our first encounter with Daryil was interesting to see in color. The expressions on his face while is just precious and completely appropriate when you consider the fact that the dominate emotion of Clan Daryil is fear. I will have to reference the story to remind myself what that sign in the ceiling was supposed to be though.

In any case, take care of yourself Ren. We'll be looking forward to your return.

Brunhidden

their emotion is fear? i would almost think that headquarters should be a carnival style funhouse/haunted house kinda attraction, complete with the twisted mirrors

QuoteMay your walls know joy; May every room hold laughter and every window open to great possibility.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on July 12, 2008, 11:15:04 PM
I will have to reference the story to remind myself what that sign in the ceiling was supposed to be though.
It's Daryil's clan mark.

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 13, 2008, 02:14:05 AM
their emotion is fear? i would almost think that headquarters should be a carnival style funhouse/haunted house kinda attraction, complete with the twisted mirrors
It's actually fear and wonder.   Though fear seems to be easier for them to do.  Or at least, easier for me to write.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wonder is a lot more short-lived, and harder to keep generating; people tend to grow out of being wondrous really easily, whereas it's much harder to grow out of fear.

Sure, it can be done, but people tend not to be wired that way, so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

The poor-man's page 22 is up.  As previously mentioned, I'm hoping to update it with the real artwork when Ren returns.  Though I'm going to keep the business card, come what may.

Sunblink

..."Available for parties"?

Damn, I want Daryil at my next birthday party. And possibly a pony.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like the "You haven't seen an incubus around here, have you?" ... since both of them are, aren't they?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 18, 2008, 06:41:47 PM
I like the "You haven't seen an incubus around here, have you?" ... since both of them are, aren't they?
Whatever makes you think that?  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm a suspicious person. What can I say?

Pagan

All of that was old artwork? Where did the watch come from?

Nevermind, found it. Nice edit though.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Brunhidden

behold, the awesome and world shattering power of cut and paste!

and yet, i cant think of anything to actually comment about because my brain has frozen with the mental imagery of if keats and i really were clergy.... thats some seriously weird clergy, and it looks silly in a cool way

GabrielsThoughts

everyone knows he got in through the ventilation system, why bother asking?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

The strip is going to be late.  Partly because the lineart was late, but also because of this:

http://project-future.org/images/a807.jpg

However, I have updated page 22 to use original artwork instead of recycled stuff.

llearch n'n'daCorna

ooo, pretty.

And the new pic is pretty, too. Especially the fishcakes.