Hey, you know...

Started by Destina Faroda, June 11, 2006, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

On one hand, I still feel a sense of failure when I think of my life.  But on the other hand, there is a sense of hope that I just suddenly felt, as though there were an oppressing presence that removed itself from my life.  Damned Dementor!

So, we need something to talk about, and I know what I can think of.   For those of us who live in the USA, we know it's not as good as it could be and has problems.  Yet at the same time, there is good along with the bad.  While we rank below many industrialized nations in certin categories, we are still by far more educated, more healthy, and more free than most people in the world.  While some of us may have harsh lives, at least don't have to toil away at the soil only for drought to render all our work useless.  No, I'm not going to say we should be grateful and satisfied with what we have, because it COULD be better by far.  But I think that while it could be better, people in America do have advantages.  We do have a say in our government, and we do have a criminal justice system that is more fair than most parts of the world.

Don't worry, I'll be whining again, soon, but for now, I'm going to be happy.
Sig coming...whenever...

Sin Ominous

All of that is certainly true.

Destina Faroda

Especially that last part.  :tired
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Yep.  Living in the USA also reminds me of my powerlessness despite my advantages.  I might have it better than people in other parts of the world, but that doesn't mean I have any more control over my destiny than they do.
Sig coming...whenever...

Nimrods Son

haha! where I come from, it rulz! we'll beat you @ fookin' soccer world cup!