[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 20, 2008, 12:14:05 AM
Nipples.

that is quite rare in depicting anthro males. Kudos.

Fur covers nipples.

end of line.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Turnsky on September 20, 2008, 09:22:50 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 20, 2008, 12:14:05 AM
Nipples.

that is quite rare in depicting anthro males. Kudos.
Fur covers nipples.

end of line.
Unless it's actually rather short and can't cover them (completely, at least). And long fur would make wearing clothes rather uncomfortable, wouldn't it? :P

Turnsky

wouldn't take much, unless it's insanely short, there should be some coverage there anyways.

edit, i do have one gripe, that you might wanna take heed of, your Character posing.. it's.. somewhat..

you might wanna spice up your poses somewhat.. also, i dunno if it's their angle, but their heads seems somewhat disproportionally larger than their torso..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on September 20, 2008, 09:22:50 AM
Fur covers nipples.
end of line.

I must agree.  Actually, 'remove or tone down the nipples' was one of my comments for a Dorcan commission I paid for at Anthrocon (still WIP).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alteisentier

Somewhat.. Indeed, Good Turnsky.

Though I will have to add my self, that your fellows do tend to look rather anorexic at the best of times. You have the basic structure correct.. It just seems to me that they seem to be rather, unproportioned?
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Brunhidden

poses and whatnot can be worked on, so long as the characters themselves have character. its hard to animate someone who is not animated
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Turnsky on September 20, 2008, 09:33:37 AM
wouldn't take much, unless it's insanely short, there should be some coverage there anyways.

edit, i do have one gripe, that you might wanna take heed of, your Character posing.. it's.. somewhat..

*picture*

you might wanna spice up your poses somewhat.. also, i dunno if it's their angle, but their heads seems somewhat disproportionally larger than their torso..

Actually I am deliberately cloning that pose (so take the jelly-mould back to "System Shock" :P). I draw these pictures to show some of my characters, and such pictures give a good idea about the appearance of the character. ..But I have to admit, there might be something wrong with the proportions.. :paranoid

Cogidubnus

Eeenteresting, certainly. I do have one question, though - those pink things beneath his eyes. Glasses or some sort of coloration?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 20, 2008, 02:17:27 PM
Eeenteresting, certainly. I do have one question, though - those pink things beneath his eyes. Glasses or some sort of coloration?
That's some sort of a magical tattoo - most of Zig's henchmen have some sort of red markings on their faces and bodies.
Also, a sort of a preview of stuff I'm working on.

A BIG ROBOT FELLOW (Who was supposed to haet dragons, but I erased the words that were written on his sword, so his haet for dragons does not show any more. By the way, this robot is actually only two times bigger than a human at most. It's not a giant robot.)

MORE SIEGFRIED "ZIG" NOX (Or, rather, Samiel. Either way, he's gonna cut somebody.)

The robot was drawn yesterday in an attempt to purge the Pink from my mind. Zig (or Sam) was drawn today in some fifteen minutes, and the way he looks shows that Pink was at least partially purged. :P

Cogidubnus

...once again the awesome flows from my eyes in the form of manly tears.  :C

Ehrm. Does the dragon knight's scabbard say "Law and Order" on it, also?  :B

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 20, 2008, 02:54:19 PM
Ehrm. Does the dragon knight's scabbard say "Law and Order" on it, also?  :B
Yes, it does. I think I'll write "CLEAVE AND SMITE" on the blade of the sword, too.

The bad news is that I still can't come up with a name for this fellow - he was drawn out of pure desperation (otherwise I would have been claimed by the Pink with no hopes of recovery) and has no backstory whatsoever. Of course, the fact that he is a sentient construct in a fantasy world and that he looks like that sword is going to end up in some dragon's skull soon pretty much guarantees that his backstory would be cool. However, there is a possibility that he will stop to haet dragons so much by the time I decide what would be his role.

Tapewolf

I was going to ask why the sword said "Rape the escrow", but I suppose it could be "Hate the dragon" or something.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 20, 2008, 03:46:08 PM
I was going to ask why the sword said "Rape the escrow", but I suppose it could be "Hate the dragon" or something.
..Damn.. I "erased" the wrong part.. The last word is "dragon" indeed. And you got the first word right too. It's from a bad joke, so better don't ask. :eek

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 20, 2008, 04:00:55 PM
And you got the first word right too. It's from a bad joke, so better don't ask. :eek

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

Awesome again, dude. I love the armor guy, but Zig... I've been playing The Force Unleashed for a few days now, and I've slightly fallen in love with the reverse-grip on the sword. Very cool.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 20, 2008, 07:07:17 PM
Awesome again, dude. I love the armor guy, but Zig... I've been playing The Force Unleashed for a few days now, and I've slightly fallen in love with the reverse-grip on the sword. Very cool.
That's not an armour guy - that's a space station. No, wait, that's a robot. And that is not exactly Zig either - that is his "evil" alter-ego, Samiel. It is not clear now, but it will be clearer when I colour him - Sam's left eye is yellow instead of orange. Sometimes even yellow on black.

And now for something completely different. Today (or tonight) I present you.. a song parody! It is a parody of the main theme of the "Transformers: The Movie" (1986) (sorry for the clip from "Evangelion"; just scroll the screen down if you don't want to see a bloodbath while listening to the music). This song fits so perfectly with "GaoGaiGar" that I had to make a "cross-over". So now I present you

GLORY TO THE BRAVES.

Something evil's watching over you,
Coming from the sky above,
And there's nothing you can do

Prepare to strike - there'll be no place to run,
When you're caught within the grip
Of the evil Penchinon!

Yuusha-O!
Courage in their eyes
Yuusha-O!
Robots in disguise

Strong enough to break the bravest heart,
So we have to pull together -
We can't stay worlds apart

To stand divided we will surely fall,
Until our darkest hour,
When the light will save us all

Yuusha-O!
Courage in their eyes
Yuusha-O!
Robots in disguise
Yuusha-O!~

Mighty Braves wage their Battle
To destroy the evil forces
Of the Primevals!

*epic guitar solo performed by Mic Sounders*

It's judgment day and now we've made our stand,
And for now the powers of darkness
Have been driven from our land!

The battle's over, but the war has just begun
And this way it will remain till the day when All are One!

Yuusha-O!
Yuusha-O!
Yuusha-O!
Yuusha-O!
Courage in their eyes~

GAO GAI GAAAAAR!!!!

A few notes. "Yuusha-O" means "King of Braves" - this is what robot GaoGaiGar was often called. Penchinon and the Primevals are the bad guys from "GaoGaiGar". And If you have ever seen this anime, you'll realize how much this song fits.
Next time I'll get back to drawing stuff. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 20, 2008, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 20, 2008, 07:07:17 PM
That's not an armour guy - that's a space station. No, wait, that's a robot. And that is not exactly Zig either - that is his "evil" alter-ego, Samiel. It is not clear now, but it will be clearer when I colour him - Sam's left eye is yellow instead of orange. Sometimes even yellow on black.
Ah, okay. Sorry for the mix-up...
...you know, I've got a construct in one of my settings called Mordred. He's one of the Dreadknights, artificial mages that are basically suits of armor animated by souls. Extremely powerful, and at one point a handful were used to kill some High Dragons. How about that?

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 20, 2008, 07:39:48 PM
*snip song*

Next time I'll get back to drawing stuff. :3
DRAW! NOW!!!
Just kidding. Still love the song, dude: it's a lot smoother than my parodies, even though you changed a bit less. But Mic Sounders' guitar solo on the London Bridge... it's either completely insane or completely stupid, but either way it is AWESOME!! And somehow it never fails to crack me up.

Ren Gaulen

While normally I don't post unfinished sketches here, I just can't resist posting this one.

SIEGFRIED, NIGHTMARE FORM, LESSER (WARNING! A bit of "Nightmare Fuel". Just a bit. >:])

"I am your worst nightmare.." would sound very convincing when coming from him. Ziggy-Pop is not always pretty and cute...

Jairus

I am having visions of a more intense version of Dante's Devil Trigger... and it is awesome. Damn, Ren, that looks great! Very, very, cool...

Um, where did the sword come from?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 12:21:52 AM
I am having visions of a more intense version of Dante's Devil Trigger... and it is awesome. Damn, Ren, that looks great! Very, very, cool...
Zig: "Dante? Dante is a wuss." Actually, it is more like GODDAMN SPAWN than Dante's DT. Zig can alter the shape of this thing at will. Also, he bleeds the stuff that forms this shell out of his body. And it is by no means painless (no wonder he looks so angry). You have to pay for the real power, after all.

From his spi You don't want to know. :eek Just kidding. Actually, it is just his katana with the organic nanomachines covering it (what did you think formed the shell, anyway?).

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 12:28:28 AM
Zig: "Dante? Dante is a wuss." Actually, it is more like GODDAMN SPAWN than Dante's DT. Zig can alter the shape of this thing at will. Also, he bleeds the stuff that forms this shell out of his body. And it is by no means painless (no wonder he looks so angry). You have to pay for the real power, after all.
Good point... but I imagine he has to maintain a basic humanoid shape? It's only the "shell" that he can alter, I imagine.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 12:28:28 AM
From his spi You don't want to know. :eek Just kidding. Actually, it is just his katana with the organic nanomachines covering it (what did you think formed the shell, anyway?).
Very cool. Very interesting. Um, blood? Lots of it. More than can fit in a person Ziggykins size. Good point.

King Of Hearts

with regards to the nipple thing I was aiming more of the contrast as to male and female depictions... but that is mostly by reason of the sexualization of the figure.

Aww... I was hoping the sword was from his spine like that enemy from Gravion who pulls out his head and spine.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 12:19:44 AM
While normally I don't post unfinished sketches here, I just can't resist posting this one.

"I am your worst nightmare.." would sound very convincing when coming from him. Ziggy-Pop is not always pretty and cute...

Ooh, Ren's first foray into horror!  It works well.  Out of interest, why is it done on grid paper?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 01:50:29 AM
Good point... but I imagine he has to maintain a basic humanoid shape? It's only the "shell" that he can alter, I imagine.
Actually, while he does maintain a basic humanoid form, it is slightly altered. Not only that, but if Zig has access to enough material to create shell, he can make it so big that it will no longer have to be the same shape as him. Once he created an Evangelion-sized shell in a form of a feral cat. Then again, to tell the truth he hasn't created gigantic shells since then. Or before then. He isn't very good at controlling this stuff yet.
Oh, and one more thing - Zig's blood is made up of organic nanomachines.

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 21, 2008, 02:40:52 AM
Aww... I was hoping the sword was from his spine like that enemy from Gravion who pulls out his head and spine.
Nah. He needs his spine. To live. :B

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2008, 04:25:44 AM
Ooh, Ren's first foray into horror!  It works well.  Out of interest, why is it done on grid paper?
First foray into the horror that I have posted. I haven't posted any pictures of Nether Daemons yet, after all. :P
As for the paper, to tell the truth I do half of my drawings on such paper. When the drawing is inked and I scan it in "black-and-white" mode the grid disappears anyway, and for some reason I find it easier to draw on such paper (but for drawing comics I use blank paper).

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 08:48:34 AM
Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 01:50:29 AM
Actually, while he does maintain a basic humanoid form, it is slightly altered. Not only that, but if Zig has access to enough material to create shell, he can make it so big that it will no longer have to be the same shape as him. Once he created an Evangelion-sized shell in a form of a feral cat. Then again, to tell the truth he hasn't created gigantic shells since then. Or before then. He isn't very good at controlling this stuff yet.
Oh, and one more thing - Zig's blood is made up of organic nanomachines.
Ah... so while he could theoretically make any shell, it's just easier for him to stick as close to his basic frame as possible? Or at least until he gets some practice/training in?
EVA-CAT? That'd be cute... can you imagine the MP Evas petting the kitty? "I will pet him, and stroke him, and call him George." Sorry, old Looney Tunes reference.
Ah... so he's like a Vampire from Trinity Blood? Sigfried Nightroad?

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 08:48:34 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2008, 04:25:44 AM
First foray into the horror that I have posted. I haven't posted any pictures of Nether Daemons yet, after all. :P
As for the paper, to tell the truth I do half of my drawings on such paper. When the drawing is inked and I scan it in "black-and-white" mode the grid disappears anyway, and for some reason I find it easier to draw on such paper (but for drawing comics I use blank paper).
Ooh... could we see a few of those if you have time?
Really, you use graph paper? Hm, I was wondering about that. Maybe I should try that out in my mecha drawings.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 11:44:32 AM
Ah... so while he could theoretically make any shell, it's just easier for him to stick as close to his basic frame as possible? Or at least until he gets some practice/training in?
As I said, to make a shell considerably larger than himself he would need an external source of matter - or a lot of energy to draw the matter from the Aether. And without it the shell would follow the general shape of his body (not counting random spikes, tendrils and stuff).

Ah... so he's like a Vampire from Trinity Blood? Sigfried Nightroad?
Pretty much. :>

Really, you use graph paper? Hm, I was wondering about that. Maybe I should try that out in my mecha drawings.
Just make sure that the grid is blue and not grey - otherwise the scanner would see it in the black-and-white mode.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 21, 2008, 12:04:11 PM
As I said, to make a shell considerably larger than himself he would need an external source of matter - or a lot of energy to draw the matter from the Aether. And without it the shell would follow the general shape of his body (not counting random spikes, tendrils and stuff).
So he'd need Spiral Energy to make something really big? *briefly envisions Ziggykins covering his sword in enough nanomachines to make a Giga Drill Break*

Just make sure that the grid is blue and not grey - otherwise the scanner would see it in the black-and-white mode.
*checks* yep, it's blue. When I get back to my apartment I'll try it out. Thanks for the advice, Ren-sensei.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 12:09:33 PM
So he'd need Spiral Energy to make something really big? *briefly envisions Ziggykins covering his sword in enough nanomachines to make a Giga Drill Break*
More likely he would go for the Zankanto. >:3 "Waga no Siegfried, Siegfried Nox! Tenshi wo Tatsu Tsurugi!!" (I am Siegfried, Siegfried Nox! The Sword that Smites Angels!) :B

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 12:09:33 PM

Breaker.

Giga Drill Breaker.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.