[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 08, 2008, 03:45:58 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 03:40:33 PM
Out of curiosity, does the gauntlet have to be "off" in order for the wielder to use spells?
It does disrupt the magic, yes, but you can still use the most basic Elemental Magic. Oh, and I forgot to mention that neither this gauntlet, nor any of the Nullifiers affect psychic powers.
Ooh... cool. So is the complexity of a spell a factor in the effect a Nullifier has: the more simple a spell, the easier it is to use it? And out of curiosity, aside from the obvious telepathy and telekinesis, what other powers do psychics have in your setting?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

its a bit buisy to see very clear for me, but i love the buttskirts, fun fashion, and the way you draw your abs and her chestbelts is awesome
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 08, 2008, 03:49:06 PM
its a bit buisy to see very clear for me, but i love the buttskirts, fun fashion, and the way you draw your abs and her chestbelts is awesome

I agree on all accounts, but I think some color will fix the business.

*cough*

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 03:47:49 PM
Ooh... cool. Out of curiosity, aside from the obvious telepathy and telekinesis, what other powers do psychics have in your setting?
Well, there is an ability to levitate (which is actually also a form of telekinesis), directly control to other living creature's nervous system, create a blade of force that cuts stuff on molecular level, warp space for pseudo-instantaneous teleportation, or draw things from your own subconsciousness, give it material form and sick it onto your enemies. To make the story short, psychers can make their enemies' heads explode, implode or get bitten off by a product of their worst nightmares.

Jairus

Awesome. I assume all of that takes a lot of practice and concentration to pull off, however. And, um, sorry, but I edited my post while you were posting yours: "So is the complexity of a spell a factor in the effect a Nullifier has: the more simple a spell, the easier it is to use it?"

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 03:56:26 PM
Awesome. I assume all of that takes a lot of practice and concentration to pull off, however.
It takes more concentration than a normal person is capable off (it takes years of training and practice to master the art of psychic combat - and physical training is very important too, by the way). And psychic powers rely on your own power, your very life force, so you can easily knock yourself out with them (or even die from complete physical and psychical exhaustion).

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 03:56:26 PM
So is the complexity of a spell a factor in the effect a Nullifier has: the more simple a spell, the easier it is to use it?
An experienced magician can use the most simple forms of magic without any spells or preparations at all, and as long as you don't have to build up magical energy to unleash a magical attack (or something else), a Nullifier won't disrupt it much. If you have to, however, better sheath the Nullifier first, or it will keep erasing whatever you try to cast before it is ready.

Sunblink

Ren. I think this is one of the best pictures you've posted so far. And NO I am not just saying that because Keaton's in it. The whole picture is fantastic, not to mention the background story behind it, but I've gone on about that through AIM, so on to the art.

First off, I loves me some Ziggy Pop. I think you've made a fangirl of me, although he sounds like a true evil bastard. Then again, if people can find Aniz sexy, then I can fawn over Ziggy's abs of steel, thankyouverymuch.

In the picture as a whole both characters have excellent, dynamic poses and wonderful expressions, and there is an amazing amount of detail crammed into this. To put it simply, I can't wait until you clean this up and color everything so that way I can have moar detail to fawn over, since I'm certain more tidbits and nuances in the lineart will surface once it's been tidied. I still think Ziggy's outfit is one of the best character designs I've seen as a whole from you and a good demonstration of your ability to create unique, colorful clothing and character designs. Not to mention it makes him look fabulous. >:3 Another little bit I find very nice about the picture is the flow to Ziggy's ponytail, it seems as though it's billowing out as he leaps into the air or hovers. A similar effect is seen in the loincloth-skirt-thingy he wears. I don't know why, but I find his pose particularly impressive, especially his leg folded inward, tucked underneath his body. Excellent weapon design too, and his expression looks wonderfully maniacal. I love the detail on the individual plates on his clawed gauntlet-glove.

Now on to Keaton. c: As Tapewolf said, she's at her psychopathic best. She looks truly hate-driven, which I think is extremely appropriate, given the background you've provided. Aside from her expression, I think one of my favorite aspects of how you drew her is her legs. I've mentioned before how much I admire how you draw legs and your anatomy, so this really is no exception. They're angled perfectly and they're drawn excellently. The outfit's great, again; I love her chest-belts and the padded armor. Actually, I'm just in a lot of shock whenever I assess her, because I love how you drew her so much. Great blades, too - they're really appropriate for Keaton. :3 This whole picture is wonderful and I can't wait to see it in color.

NEVER PUT YOUR ART DOWN AGAIN.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 08, 2008, 07:00:30 PM
In the picture as a whole both characters have excellent, dynamic poses and wonderful expressions, and there is an amazing amount of detail crammed into this. To put it simply, I can't wait until you clean this up and color everything so that way I can have moar detail to fawn over, since I'm certain more tidbits and nuances in the lineart will surface once it's been tidied.

Yes, that's it.  There was something about this, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  The sheer amount of detail is one of the things that makes this special.  I'd be very interested to see the full-res version.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

I think you've made a fangirl of me, although he sounds like a true evil bastard.
The best part about it is that he is not all that Evil deep down - years of abuse, mistreatment, violence and more abuse have twisted him, and for most people he is a horrible monster or a ruthless leader, but to those who are close to him he is a real and very good friend. Theoretically he even fights against the real bad guys. The problem is these bad guys have such a great public image that everyone takes their side. And thus Zig and his armies are stuck fighting with humans, instead of dealing with their real enemies.

NEVER PUT YOUR ART DOWN AGAIN.
NEVAR AGAIN. :C

Brunhidden

why do i suddenly feel like ren and keats should hug and apologize while applying bandaids? something is wrong, i need more carnage for this is awesome!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 08, 2008, 10:25:31 PM
why do i suddenly feel like ren and keats should hug and apologize while applying bandaids? something is wrong, i need more carnage for this is awesome!
That is Siegfried, not Ren. But they seriously need to make up and join against the common enemy.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 08, 2008, 10:29:34 PM
That is Siegfried, not Ren. But they seriously need to make up and join against the common enemy.
I sense a new chibi on the horizon!

Brunhidden

sorry, i looked at the thread title and the first two names i saw were ren and keaton, with it in lineart i cant really identify very well. i think i need newer glasses or perhaps to just give up and opt for an eyepatch.

i apologize wholeheartedly for the misconception

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 10:30:29 PM

fun, but i would be more intrested to see if this starts a trend of pairing off. but would that be pairing off to duel or pairing of as allies like the previous chibi burning finger picture?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 09, 2008, 08:16:42 AM
sorry, i looked at the thread title and the first two names i saw were ren and keaton, with it in lineart i cant really identify very well.
Well, there is also the fact that Zig looks a bit like Ren.. :P

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 09, 2008, 08:16:42 AM
...or perhaps to just give up and opt for an eyepatch..
Go for it. Eyepatch speaks of awesome. :B

Quote from: Jairus on September 08, 2008, 10:30:29 PM
I kinda expected you to see that common enemy on the horizon, actually.. :rolleyes Or, at least, to look for thet common enemy..

Ren Gaulen

While I'm working on that "Keats VS Ziggy" picture, I am also drawing other stuff - like this picture of "SoG" Keaton.
Since her back-story can be found here, I won't repeat myself. And yes, that's the Nullifier sword stuck in the ground next to her. It is also a high-frequency blade, which means it cuts flesh and bone like butter.

Jairus

Awesome outfit and awesome weapon (wow, it really does look like a badass sword). The outfit really does remind me of Archer, so bonus points there: however, now she needs an awesome futuristic bow to fire arrows and swords from. Somewhat stupid question, but how does SoG Keaton hide her angel wings?

Tapewolf

Is the red hair a racial thing, or a tweak because it looks cool?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 04:10:07 PM
Is the red hair a racial thing, or a tweak because it looks cool?
Keaton is a member of a special forces - the Sanguine. It's common for them to paint their hair red. Their wings also look blood-stained, by the way.

Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 04:07:44 PM
..however, now she needs an awesome futuristic bow to fire arrows and swords from..
Well, she can combine her two scimitars into a bow that shoots bolts of concentrated energy.

Somewhat stupid question, but how does SoG Keaton hide her angel wings?
While all Angels have wings, their wings are made up of something weird. They can "fuse" through most organic materials or polymers, and they can be completely retracted. Also, the "feathers" of their wings can be extended into long flexible ribbons that can entangle, cut or pierce stuff. The ribbons may differ in shape and size - from tendrils as thick as a hair to wide ribbons similar to Zeruel's weapons (from "Evangelion"). However, these ribbons are not very strong in terms of resistance to damage (they can be made strong to be used for defence, but then they loose their flexibility). However, the more tendrils an Angel creates, the harder it gets to control them.

Sunblink

REN WHY DO YOU KEEP DRAWING KEATON MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE FROM YOUR GENEROSITY :U

God, you're awesome.

As a weird note, I really like how Keaton looks with red highlights in her hair. I never would have guessed it, but she looks great in red in general. Thanks for helping me realize that. >:3 This is the same outfit I've seen her wear in the Keats vs. Ziggy Stardust (haha Tapewolf) picture, but I still love how she looks. Reminds me a lot of her padded armor you've had her wear in Revenge of the Fridge. Excellent lineart too. Angry Keaton is angry.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 09, 2008, 05:16:31 PM
REN WHY DO YOU KEEP DRAWING KEATON MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE FROM YOUR GENEROSITY :U
KEATON WHY DID I GET HOOKED UP ON DRAWING KEATON IT IS LIKE AN ADDICTION :U

Keaton is a new perfect drug. *sings* "You are the perfect drug, the perfect drug, the perfect drug.."

As a weird note, I really like how Keaton looks with red highlights in her hair.
Her hair.. It's stained with.. blood!..

Angry Keaton is angry.
I'm sorry, but I have to say it.. ANGRY KEATON: ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME. >:[ Mark my words, that Nullifier sword will end up in some Demon's gut before the end of the day..

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 09, 2008, 04:30:32 PM
..however, now she needs an awesome futuristic bow to fire arrows and swords from..
Well, she can combine her two scimitars into a bow that shoots bolts of concentrated energy.
Ooh... do we get to see that in drawing form at some point?

Somewhat stupid question, but how does SoG Keaton hide her angel wings?
While all Angels have wings, their wings are made up of something weird. They can "fuse" through most organic materials or polymers, and they can be completely retracted. Also, the "feathers" of their wings can be extended into long flexible ribbons that can entangle, cut or pierce stuff. The ribbons may differ in shape and size - from tendrils as thick as a hair to wide ribbons similar to Zeruel's weapons (from "Evangelion"). However, these ribbons are not very strong in terms of resistance to damage (they can be made strong to be used for defence, but then they loose their flexibility). However, the more tendrils an Angel creates, the harder it gets to control them.
Awesome info. Which only makes me wonder how demon wings work in your setting...

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 09, 2008, 05:28:39 PM
KEATON WHY DID I GET HOOKED UP ON DRAWING KEATON IT IS LIKE AN ADDICTION :U

Keaton is a new perfect drug. *sings* "You are the perfect drug, the perfect drug, the perfect drug.."
Quick! We need to get you hooked on something else... wait a minute. I need to rethink that statement.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 09, 2008, 05:28:39 PM
Angry Keaton is angry.
I'm sorry, but I have to say it.. ANGRY KEATON: ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME. >:[ Mark my words, that Nullifier sword will end up in some Demon's gut before the end of the day..
No! Bad Ren and Keaton, trying to start a new meme! No evil cleaving for you!

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 05:37:48 PM
We shall see about that.

Awesome info. Which only makes me wonder how demon wings work in your setting...
Their wings are organic, unlike Angel wings. Demons can kinda shapeshift them to make them appear or disappear, and their wings can't pass through clothes. Also, only more powerful and experienced Demons can create wings. And Draconian Demons have wings naturally.

I'm sorry, but I have to say it.. ANGRY KEATON: ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME. >:[
I shall make all the memes I want, and nothing in the world can stop me, Jay! Not even you!! D:<

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 05:49:14 PM
Now I want to see a Happy Angry Keaton.
Somehow that sounds scary. Actually, she looks rather happy in the "Keats VS Ziggy" picture.

Ren Gaulen

And more conversions (kinda)! This time it is Zedd!
"SoG" Zedd is also an Angel. However, unlike much of his brethren, he is not hell-bent on the war with the Demons and the total Hegemony of the Angels, preferring to lead a more peaceful life. Of course, when the situation calls for it, Zedd is more than capable of defending himself. He also helps those in need or troubles whom he encounters during his travels, and Smites Evil from time to time. And he has the Sword That Cleaves and Digs to do it! :B

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on September 09, 2008, 06:58:21 PM
Fear my sword bitches!!~ :U
Ren, you told us he preferred the peaceful life  :<

Out of interest, what's the sword made of?  Can he lift it, for example?

By the way, you want to watch the chest... he looks a bit like he's got breasts.

Brunhidden

I find it humorous that zedd has the same belts to highlight the boobs that keaton had. i chuckle  at my brother, i was not aware he was so pussiant at arms or i would have spoken more of combat to him

keatons hair, nice highlights as others have said, but i am quite more impressed at the unique pattern of white lines on her clothes

and perhaps i will take your advice with the eyepatch, depth perception is a small price to pay for not having everything zoom in and out of focus randomly, particularly with how much i read and view art

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: Zedd on September 09, 2008, 06:58:21 PM
Fear my sword bitches!!~ :U
Ren, you told us he preferred the peaceful life  :<
He told it to me! :dface

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 07:06:23 PM
Out of interest, what's the sword made of?  Can he lift it, for example?
The sword is made of steel. Zedd has a couple of enchantments on it - one of them decreases the weight of the sword. Also, Zedd is stronger than he looks. His voice gives him super strength! :B ..Don't mind that. :sweatdrop

Brunhidden

steel alloys vary widely in weight, and a good 'blood groove' can reduce the weight by a third while keeping strength the same or possibly even increasing it.

or you could have easily just called it a 'star metal' sword, making it likely aluminum or titanium based, which can smelt metallic alloys from a meteor strike, although aluminum is not a traditional weapon choice due to the odd way it snaps and bends its one hell of a lot sharper then you could imagine

if the sword is enhanced, would you like to play with runes and whatnot to make it pretty?

Jairus

Another awesome character and design, and a cool sword too. Not too complicated: I like that. And again with the belts! And don't worry Ren, I fully get what you're saying by enchantments: just look for "Wolkenschneider" closer to the beginning of my thread and you'll find that my setting is no stranger to giant swords that should logically be impossible to wield. And people strong enough to wield them normally... actually, most video games and anime have that anyway, don't they?

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 09, 2008, 05:52:45 PM
We shall see about that.
Cool.

Their wings are organic, unlike Angel wings. Demons can kinda shapeshift them to make them appear or disappear, and their wings can't pass through clothes. Also, only more powerful and experienced Demons can create wings. And Draconian Demons have wings naturally.
Also cool. So, are Angels and Demons two related species in your setting, or what?

I'm sorry, but I have to say it.. ANGRY KEATON: ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME. >:[
I shall make all the memes I want, and nothing in the world can stop me, Jay! Not even you!! D:<
Good point. I'm an ordinary kangaroo rat with no weapons, armor, or special powers (the only attack I have can only be performed with you). I guess I'll just have to sit and wait and plan...

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 05:49:14 PM
Now I want to see a Happy Angry Keaton.
Somehow that sounds scary. Actually, she looks rather happy in the "Keats VS Ziggy" picture.
Yeah, but that's not a "nice" happy... oh, I get it. Maybe "Happy Angry Keaton" would have this horrible rictus or Joker smile on her face.