Fluffy to Stay at Columbus Zoo

Started by Rafe, January 20, 2008, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

"Fluffy will be staying at the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium."

This news item caught my eye, and it turns out that Fuffy is 15 years old, weighs 300 lbs, and is 24 feet long.  Fluffy is a reticulated Python.

Fluffy:

Read more about Fluffy HERE
Rafe

WhiteFox

That's... Um... A heck of a new look for the Fluffers.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Joe3210

Irony ftw.

This was actually funny to read.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Brunhidden

You just know that somewhere in the world some putz zookeeper just named a Galapagos tortoise 'speedy' and people at that zoo will snigger for the next century

Personally i would have named the bugger 'soup', but tortoises have a lot more ironic names then snakes doo.... maybe 'snuggles'

QuoteEvil Overlord rule #34- I will not turn into a giant snake, it never helps
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Aisha deCabre

Quite an interesting turnabout for the snake.  Though I have to roll my eyes at the entry that some companies are hesitant to transport snakes after the "Snakes on a Plane" movie.  Is a movie that realistic?  :rolleyes

Back on the subject, if I were a python and was named "Fluffy", I'd fight to swallow whoever came up with it whole.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

thegayhare

My neighbor had an evil vicous cat named fluffy...

She also had a condition where if she didn't get the right vitamins all her fur would fall out.  So when we were introduced to her it was to there bald cat fluffy

Naldru

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 21, 2008, 02:20:27 PM
Quite an interesting turnabout for the snake.  Though I have to roll my eyes at the entry that some companies are hesitant to transport snakes after the "Snakes on a Plane" movie.  Is a movie that realistic?  :rolleyes

Back on the subject, if I were a python and was named "Fluffy", I'd fight to swallow whoever came up with it whole.   :P
The Snakes on a Plane movie was just one part of it.  There was also an incident in Egypt where a person tried to board a plane with several hundred snakes concealed in his luggage.  (The individual didn't have the proper permits to ship the snakes legally.)  I believe that a number of airlines felt that they had to be more explicit in what could be carried, but already had rules in place that should have prohibited poisonous snakes from being carried on board.  I think the movie just made a lot of airlines review their procedures to make them clearer.  It was also to reassure the passengers that they wouldn't be sharing the cabin with undesirables.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

pyrohamster

Quote from: thegayhare on January 21, 2008, 03:01:57 PM
My neighbor had an evil vicous cat named fluffy...

She also had a condition where if she didn't get the right vitamins all her fur would fall out.  So when we were introduced to her it was to there bald cat fluffy
i can imagine that, wakeing up with your foot severly scratched, with a mound of fur next to you

Ramsey

Nice. Recently watched a show all about finding the largest wild reticulated python possible.

Chaos

It is currently 6:30. I've just finished working Algebra (and sucking) for about 7 hours.

I read you posts, and I only see the Title and the picture, then I read the post.

So I am going to hold you accountable for what my mind perceived.

How dare you feed Fluffy to your snake you sick {EXPLETIVE DELETED}!