[Art, sculpture, photography] (9 February 2008)

Started by Faerie Alex, January 18, 2008, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

NOTE: My website has undergone a scheduled server change. Some links may fail to work. This should be sorted out by tomorrow, 20 January.

NOTE part the second: Gee, that's gotta be the longest day ever. What's going on is that everything on http://www.airlandrail.net/ is fine, but http://art.airlandrail.net/ is down. I think I see what the problem is, I just have to go in and fix it. Hopefully I'll do that soon.

...go up down, jump around *singing*

So yeah, it's been a while hasn't it. So lesse...

(Click pic to site + scroll down)
So yeah, the point of this one was to make a standing figure. And it worked! Also, canine.

School thingies from an art class back in the 8th grade.

The Secret Santa I did for Jim, now with less crappyness than my first attempt at computer coloring/shading.

Part 1 of the "Alex plays with his new tablet" series done in GIMP.

Part 2 of same done in Windows Journal and passed through Internet Explorer.

The old topic with old arts. (Note to mods-I'll just ask to keep these separate, if you don't mind.)

And do any of ya'll out there who's good with GIMP know how to make it recognize the pressure sensitivity of a Toshiba Portege M200 tablet? I'd love to know, if you're willing to share. :3

Moar Arts:

Photos on dA posted 9 February 2008
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on January 18, 2008, 11:01:47 PM
And do any of ya'll out there who's good with GIMP know how to make it recognize the pressure sensitivity of a Toshiba Portege M200 tablet? I'd love to know, if you're willing to share. :3

Which OS and which distribution of it are you running?  I imagine it probably 'just works' in Windows.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Faerie Alex

Lesse here...OS is Windows XP, Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. GIMP is version 2.2.17, but I realize that I probably should (and am now going to) update to version 2.4.3. That help?

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on January 19, 2008, 04:17:30 PM
Lesse here...OS is Windows XP, Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. GIMP is version 2.2.17, but I realize that I probably should (and am now going to) update to version 2.4.3. That help?

Yes, but also no.  I thought you were going to run it under Debian or something.  Under X11, the touchpad will appear as a tablet which you can select as an input device.  The menu to do this is  File->Preferences->Input controllers.  (On mine, I can see my synthesizers as input devices.  I wonder what that does...?)

Under Windows, the same dialog will probably exist, but I've no idea what you'd do with it.

Faerie Alex

'Kay, just upgraded to 2.4.2 (seemed to be the most current). I do not see any tablet/pad listed, what I see are "main mouse wheel" and "main keyboard" being used and "keyboard" "mouse wheel" and "DirectX DirecInput" listed under "available controllers." And...ah...making sure we're on the same page here, are you thinking I'm talking about the trackpad or the screen/pen input? I meant the latter, and I assume that they're different (but I could always be wrong).

Tapewolf

Sorry, mental slip (I don't usually work with Tablets).  The stylus/pad arrangement in that unit seems to be compatible with the X11 Wacom driver, so under Linux, you would set that up and select the appropriate input device in Gimp.  How it's done in Windows is another matter.

http://tuxmobil.org/toshiba_portege_m200_tablet_linux.html

Faerie Alex

First off, Thanks for the link, Tape. I was thinking I might like to install Linux on my tablet (or at least a dual-boot), so I'll have to check it out when I get the chance.

But now, I have something a little different for ya'll. This past semester (and current semester), I took a photography class at my school. And now I'd like to share some of the photos with you. :3 Lemme know what you think.

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on February 09, 2008, 10:27:17 AM
But now, I have something a little different for ya'll. This past semester (and current semester), I took a photography class at my school. And now I'd like to share some of the photos with you. :3 Lemme know what you think.

Nice.  You developed them yourself and all?  I'm envious.  At my school, the only art teacher able and willing to run a photography class met some horrible accident, so we never learned how to do it  :B

Faerie Alex

Yep. The school keeps (in various states of repair :B) all the equipment & chemicals necessary for developing film, as well as a large dark room & chemicals for print making. 'S fun.