01/12/08 [#58] - Heh, floppy...

Started by stiletto, January 12, 2008, 08:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

You know, I really love the expression and dripping sarcasm that, uh, bah, I always forget his name... the Zilla has in this comic.

And I wonder if he got a little unwanted glimpse of Addy and suffered dearly for it... that or she's just ugly to him.

Tapewolf

I must concur.  The sarcasm in the second panel just cracked me up.
Also, am I hallucinating, or is there an extra layer of colouring in this one?  There's definitely a new highlight on that snout and it works well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Oooo. I can't wait to see what kind of uber-high-tech armor eveyone's gonna be decked out with! :eager

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: stiletto on January 12, 2008, 08:17:41 PM
You know, I really love the expression and dripping sarcasm that, uh, bah, I always forget his name... the Zilla has in this comic.

Damien, I think. See http://last-resort.net/archive.php?arch=comics&page=9

Edit: BTW, Jig, on IceWeasel 2.0.11 (FireFox with the non-GPL bits removed) I get:
Browser Upgrade Required

We're sorry, but your browser version is not supported by this application.

This application requires a modern browser, such as Firefox 2.0+, Safari 2.0+, Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Opera 9.0+.

Your browser reported: mozilla/5.0 (x11; u; linux i686; en-gb; rv:1.8.1.11) gecko/20071128 iceweasel/2.0.0.11 (debian-2.0.0.11-1)

You may wish to raise this with the skribit people, since I'm pretty sure I'm running a more modern, flexible, stable, and useful browser than IE6.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 12, 2008, 09:09:13 PM
Oooo. I can't wait to see what kind of uber-high-tech armor eveyone's gonna be decked out with! :3

You can see little glimpses of it around, like on Jig's DA account and here:

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: stiletto on January 12, 2008, 09:42:45 PM
Oooo. I can't wait to see what kind of uber-high-tech armor eveyone's gonna be decked out with! :3

You can see little glimpses of it around, like on Jig's DA account and here:

Heehee...I can tell, things are going to get real awsome real fast! :3

AndersW

I think we get to see some of the armor here and here

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2008, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: stiletto on January 12, 2008, 08:17:41 PM

Damien, I think. See http://last-resort.net/archive.php?arch=comics&page=9

Nathaniel. I apologize, I'll try to make this more obvious in the future.

And I'll talk with the Skribit folks soon. That's strange, though...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hey, we're working on a cast page. That should resolve the issues...

Fresnor

Armor for 'taur forms isn't THAT hard to design... It's them putting it on by themselves that gets really complicated.   :mowtongue

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fitting them in the scanner, on the other hand, when it's designed for bipedal lifeforms...

stiletto

That and she doesn't appear to be all that keen about removing clothes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

that's not a terribly big problem. It's Geisha she doesn't trust. And, obviously, anyone else with floppy dangly bits.

Quite frankly, I don't blame her. ;-]

Brunhidden

Oooo. I can't wait to see what kind of uber-high-tech armor eveyone's gonna be decked out with! :eager

We now exist in a time where it is extremely difficult to create scifi armor which does NOT look like the guy from halo, a storm trooper, or a splinter cell/ metal gear mockup.

ive tried, took me months to concept one that could not be confused with halo armor.... dang game shot scifi creativity full of holes
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 16, 2008, 10:11:01 AM

We now exist in a time where it is extremely difficult to create scifi armor which does NOT look like the guy from halo, a storm trooper, or a splinter cell/ metal gear mockup.

ive tried, took me months to concept one that could not be confused with halo armor.... dang game shot scifi creativity full of holes

Tell me about it. I'm trying to lean a little more towards "Kinetica", but how much I can actually lean in that direction, I'm not sure.

... however, that I'm still this undecided about the armor style may be a bit of a clue for the rest of you. :-p

llearch n'n'daCorna

The problem is that armour is based on a fairly simple concept, and built around the person involved.

Seriously, there's not a -lot- of difference between full plate of 1400AD and what Master Chief wears, other than required by differences in materials and aim - full plate is defending against short range swords, Halo is defending against random gunfire from long distances. Despite that, they are recognisably similar.

Try to buck the trend means developing some serious changes in hardware, etc. Have a look at some of the kit floating around in early Schlock Mercenary - it's -still- similar enough to Master Chief, and it was done -before-...

Having said that, I'm happy to sit and toss ideas around...