Last Three Ebay Items!

Started by Alondro, January 10, 2008, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Well, these three things are the last of the collectibles I'll be selling for a while.

I have quite a few other interesting Pepsi items, but most are so uncommon I can't find them in any collectors book and/or I only have one in the collection so I don't want to part with them unless I desperately need money!  (which with the way my family works, may actually be sooner than I think...  :rolleyes )

Last Dew Coin for sale

Now, I'll let slip something here about the Dew coins.  I have two other which are the same design, but made of solid .999 fine silver!  They are quite likely the only two that exist!  But before I ever consider auctioning one of them, I'm going to get full certification, historical documentation of the promotional contest from 1968, and then get several professional appraisals... unless somebody pops up out of the blue and offers me some incredibly high figure I can't refuse for one on the spot.   ;)

The second Rosen-Nesor Pepsi lighter

Pepsi lighter from Zippo 10K gold-filled

I expect to see outrageously high bids! 

The money, after all, is part of what I'm using to order art commissions for my animation company's fund-raising art auctions in the Anthrocon art show.   :3

The rest of the money comes from me subjecting myself to excruciating medical studies...  :<

So, the higher the bids, the less I need to have myself prodded with needles and anal probes.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fixed your third link...

Also, in the coin sale, your description reads:
NOTE:  THIS IS THE LAST of these coins that I will be selling!  Only one more will be sold until I have obtained promotional historical information from Pepsi Cola.

... which is it? No more, or one more? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Meh, it's Ebay.  They'll figure it out.   :P

I'm just selling the one.

I'm working on 8 hours of sleep in total for the past 3 days.  I'm not exactly my best at writing right now. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

mmkay. Thought I'd mention it, just in case, anyway. ;-]

Good luck with selling it, too.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Forestcat

*sneaks into Alondro's thread and 'ooos'*

<<.>>

Must has Mt. Dew coin. O.o I'm like addicted to that stuff!

Omega

Damn, I'd like to get my hands on that gold lighter, but I doubt that it's gonna go that cheap.

Alondro

It's not solid gold.

Gold-filled is actually a very heavy form on gold plating.  It's typically 5-20 times thicker than heavy electroplate. 

But in all, the amount of gold is still very low.  As thick as a sheet of paper at best.

This type of lighter I've seen go for only about $50 max.  The thing I'm hoping is that the error-strike of the 'Zippo' name will drive the price up if it is in fact a rare variation.

*nods to Forrestcat*  Yes, you must buy the coin!  BID $1 million!   >:3

NDDR

misprints usually double or triple value even if common.

i'd buy it but i have around £2.40 to last a week, then i gotta pay my bills.

that lighter would go good next to the gold vietnam ones i got off my uncle, those are pretty rare.

Alondro

Another neat lighter I have is also from Zippo.  It's sterling silver, not plate; the entire casing is solid silver.  It's engraved with Japanese scenery, including Mt. Fuji.

It also has its original velvet-lined case.

But I'm not selling that one!  It goes all the way back to just after WWII.

Not unless someone offers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.   Then I'll have enough money to buy the world and sell it at obscene profit to Xenu.  >:3