Jeff Dunham: Proffesional Ventriliquist

Started by Don, January 05, 2008, 07:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

I'm not sure if everyone already know this guy or not, but he's a stand up comic that uses the art of  the ventriliquist,  now  while  you  do  know it is just him throwing his voice, he is good at it. All of  his  shows  made me laugh. He can change his voice  to almost any tone and has an assortment of puppets all of wich he has perfected a  personality for. I have recieved the links for three of his acts.

Achmed the dead terrorist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
Walter grumpy old man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXOg23pGeA
Peanut the...strange fuzzy thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjMgbRUsZM

He has performed  many of these acts most of wich you can find on you-tube.
his official site is: www.jeffdunham.com for  anyone that is interested.

Netrogo

Buying or downloading the DVDs is better, tonnes more material. The guy's a god of comedy.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

thegayhare

Just be carefully around him, especially if he's got the lotion

Kenji

Eh. The guy's good at what he does and all, switching from voice to voice instantly.
But I saw him in Vegas... and I really didn't care much for him. :/
Maybe I'm just biased cause every poster and advertisement had him with his dragon puppet, but he only used it for, like, 10 minutes of his 3 hr act...

Don

hmm, with just jeff dunham here, I don't think this thread will last long, maby I'll change this to a "post videos of your favorite comedians" thread...

What do you guys think?

Sid

Oh dear God, laughing so hard right now... xD
(And I only poked the "Achmed the Dead Terrorist" one so far...)
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

Right then, dunham will suffice  for  now.   :mowhappy

everance

jeff dunham is a comedic genius.  it's so easy to forget the people he talks with are just puppets.  i have the spark of insanity tour on dvd and it's the funniest thing i've seen yet.

lucas marcone

Goatmon

Quote from: Kenji on January 05, 2008, 10:39:04 AM
Eh. The guy's good at what he does and all, switching from voice to voice instantly.
But I saw him in Vegas... and I really didn't care much for him. :/
Maybe I'm just biased cause every poster and advertisement had him with his dragon puppet, but he only used it for, like, 10 minutes of his 3 hr act...

Eh, I couldn't sit through 3 hours of any act, unless it's a concert.  Dunham is funny, but his most recent act on Comedy Central didn't really do much for me.  I much preferred the material he did in "Arguing With Himself." Whereas the newer one has a lot of rehashed material, and the newer stuff just doesn't get me going like the previous stuff did.

Ryudo Lee

We've got a couple of his DVD's.... on a steek.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

lucas marcone

i watched a few of his shows. on de floor.

Feroluce

hehe yeah, I saw Ackmeds act before now. cracked me up. "I hope you are not my virgins... I see a bunch of ugly-ass guys out there!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2008, 06:36:48 AM
Achmed the Dead Terrorist rocks. ;-]

I agree entirely, wich is why I put the link to his video first ^^