Happy Non-denominational Holiday Seasonmas!

Started by Mojotech, December 24, 2007, 06:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojotech

Just watch out for the Crimbo MOW's. They will eat your cookies...  :mowcookie

Post here your holiday thoughts, well-wishes, and tell us about anything particularly shiny you've recieved this year for whatever holiday you do (or don't) celebrate.

Eibborn

Heh. And I was just shocked to check The Villa and not find a "Happy Holidays" thread. :>
Good cheer to all mankind!
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

Tonight, llearch, you will be visited by three ghosts, of Seasonmas past, present and future. OOooOOooOO...
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Zina

Played by Christopher Walken, David Bowie and Samuel L. Jackson.
Best Christmas Carol ever.

Darkdragon

I do not know if you have ever seen this, but I felt that it was good enough to share. Without further ado, I bring you the politically-correct version of a Christmas Greeting:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our society great (not to imply that our society is necessarily greater than any other) and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: modelincard on December 24, 2007, 09:08:08 PM
Tonight, llearch, you will be visited by three ghosts, of Seasonmas past, present and future. OOooOOooOO...

This requires I sleep, right?

I wonder if I'll remember any of the past one.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Don't forget, the three ghosts do not include the ghost of his dead business partner Bob Marley.

Seriously, those two used to tour everywhere, which explains why his past is foggy
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

Interesting greeting, Darkdragon.

I'm not celebrating anything at this time, except the chance to have some free time, which is very appreciated.

Everyone, enjoy whatever you're doing as much as you can. And if you can't, then do something you enjoy. :3
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alondro

Ho ho ho... Merry-  *sirens whistle and Charles is arrested for insulting women!*

Hey!  This ain't Australia!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

Merry Christmas to everybody from me and my new girfriend in Alabama. Is there anybody from Alabama? I'm here celebreating Christmas and New Years with her and I hope everybody is happy *So there i said Merry Christmas are you going to arrest me* *COUGH*  :mwaha

Vidar

Merry Feastmas and happy Holiday. May the FSM bless you with his noodly appendages, or may the Invisible Pink Unicorn (BBHHH)  bless your sock drawer with a visit.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gabi

Quote from: Alondro on December 25, 2007, 12:17:28 PM
Ho ho ho... Merry-  *sirens whistle and Charles is arrested for insulting women!*

Sorry, I don't get it. -_- What was the insult? And what kind of insult is offensive enough to get you arrested?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Gabi on December 25, 2007, 07:22:20 PM

Sorry, I don't get it. -_- What was the insult? And what kind of insult is offensive enough to get you arrested?

There's an internet rumor that santas are being bared from saying "ho ho ho" in Australia because 'ho' is an american slang term for... ladies of negotiable affection.

There's no evidence behind the rumor, though.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Gabi

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Here, on the other hand, men dressed at Santa enter people's houses and stores to rob them.

Valynth

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 25, 2007, 07:53:43 PM
Quote from: Gabi on December 25, 2007, 07:22:20 PM

There's an internet rumor that santas are being bared from saying "ho ho ho" in Australia because 'ho' is an american slang term for... ladies of negotiable affection.

There's no evidence behind the rumor, though.

"ho" is a slang term, but it's only used by the lower class or those who want to be like the lower classes (about 95% of the rap audience) so it really isn't all that common in America and was even less so before wannabe gangsta rappas started making what has some loose association with music.

And knowing how every non-muslim, non-U.S., non-Communist, non-Israeli nation is rapidly becoming a nanny state that wants to protect all people's feelings at all costs, I'd say it's likely.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Feroluce

Sadly, there is more then evidence behind said rumor, and it has even crossed to here in NZ. not everywhere, but at least one of the malls I personally go to (altho not anymore, frankly. it was too out of the way anyway) has stopped its santa saying Ho Ho Ho, supposedly because it scares the children. Im not sure exactly what he says/said... I think its something moronic like He He He... -.-;

But, regardless, I hope everyone is enjoying themselves this Christmas.

Gabi

Quote from: Valynth on December 26, 2007, 01:17:10 AM
And knowing how every non-muslim, non-U.S., non-Communist, non-Israeli nation is rapidly becoming a nanny state that wants to protect all people's feelings at all costs, I'd say it's likely.
That's not true. Argentina isn't. The US are a lot crazier about political correctness.

rt

I hope everyone has had a great big "Happy Whatever"  this season :)
And for today, a very happy boxing day , llearch must feel special having their own day

Kenji

Merry Christmas :U

Oh, and Happy Hannukah for Gabi and the no-longer-visiting-the-forums-due-to-now-having-a-life Slavkei.

Gabi

Heh. It's been over for a while, but thank you, KK. :)

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on December 28, 2007, 07:31:51 PM
Heh. It's been over for a while, but thank you, KK. :)

Yeah I know. It was around the first week of December, yes? I think I recall seeing it around there on the calendar....