Who wants stomach ulcers?

Started by Poofyspikes, January 04, 2008, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poofyspikes

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN0425675720080104

I like the concept of the alarm bell. It'd make eating spicy stuff much more convenient.

GabrielsThoughts

I once made fried rice with orange and white chilli pepers... it burned all the way down and I had to throw it into the garbage...However, I did  learn pasta and Salsa is a good mix.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

I will never understand peoples' fascination with incinerating their inside during a process which should be a very enjoyable one.
Does eating really need to be made this complicated?

Alondro

I have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

I get burning in my esophagus alot.   Nothing I eat is safe from the effect.  Even plain white rice will do it, so I must take medication frequently.  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Saist

... that... almost does make absolutely no sense. I find myself in agreement with the Pony. I eat to enjoy... not to worry about whether or not I will have stomach lining left.

xHaZxMaTx

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Azlan

You only live once... enjoy the taste.  Spicy ftw.

I thought the reporter's name was Michael Colon for a second there...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

Quote from: Azlan on January 04, 2008, 11:58:53 PM
You only live once... enjoy the taste.  Spicy ftw.

Only if you don't believe in reincarnation...

Reese Tora

barbeque sauce is towards the upper limit of my tolerance of spicy foods (not the limit, but I don't have a good example of that)

The rest of my coworkers have much higher tolerances(and make fun of me for being 'bland'), and I know a couple who might be interested in this.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

rabid_fox

Interesting, but tells you a lot about the state of America that people are having to sign a waver protecting the resteraunt for serving them food they've selected and requested from a menu.

Oh dear.

Darkmoon

Well, do recall people so sue restaurants for getting hot coffee, a beverage they did, indeed request, simply because they spilled it on themselves.

rabid_fox

I do a really convincing fall. Should I be applying my physical drama skills in shops across America?

Oh dear.

Poofyspikes

Yes. And give us a share of the money.

rabid_fox

As my pratfall managers, you're entitled to a 12% cut.

Oh dear.

Kenji

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 05, 2008, 06:18:06 AM

As my pratfall managers, you're entitled to a 12% cut.

12% per person? ..... Well, better get to workin.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... is that 12% of what you earn, or 12% less than what we're earning now?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Reese Tora on January 05, 2008, 01:23:46 AMbarbeque sauce is towards the upper limit of my tolerance of spicy foods (not the limit, but I don't have a good example of that)

The weird thing is that I can't stand hot peppers, but I have no problem with curry.

I'm not sure what it would do to your colon, but I do wonder if you're likely to have trouble, however, when the pepper hits the anus.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Ryudo Lee

I come from a mostly cajun line, so spicy food is a staple here.  My dad could take on those wings though.  He'll sit and eat fresh habanero's and barely break a sweat.  I think the only thing that's ever gotten to him is chinese hot mustard, and even then he's built up a tolerance to the stuff.  As for me... no I wouldn't go near those wings.  My limit is cayenne pepper.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Darkmoon

Habanero's are good. Super spicy, but good. Jalapenos are, however, much too bland for me now. I have to find myself a good midway pepper.

Alondro

I grew habaneros one year.

I tricked my little brother into eating one. 

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Darkmoon

I use them in cooking once in a while. It's nice, actually, because I can get the spice I want in a dish, but there's so little actual physical pepper, it's not upsetting to stomachs as much as jalapeños.

Zorro

Quote from: Alondro on January 04, 2008, 07:16:11 PM
I have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

I get burning in my esophagus alot.   Nothing I eat is safe from the effect.  Even plain white rice will do it, so I must take medication frequently.  :<

Prilosec, take one a day and eat what you want.

The Oxnard chili fest occurs near here and I eat Habaneros in a weekly basis.

In my spice rack I have dried and powdered Red Savina pepper and they grow them around here, cause the Habanero just wasn't hot enough. 

Yugo

Pass the jambalaya and gumbo please. :D
I think there's a point for me where it passes from spicy-tasty to spicy-painy. I don't like that level of spiciness, although some people do.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!