More whining...

Started by Destina Faroda, May 22, 2006, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

The more I think about anything I do, the more I feel like I've fallen so far short of everyone else that it's ridiculous.  I look at my former classmates and I see how much further they've gone toward making successes of themselves than I have.  I look at the people on-line and I see how much more talented they are than I am.  It's just so depressing that I don't even feel like posting half the time.  The only people who are doing worse than me are those who deliberately try to do worse -- or rather not try at all.  I just need to see someone else put out their best effort and fail miserably, I suppose.
Sig coming...whenever...

ilpalazzo

You need to look on the bright side if things, stop being such a downer.

Smile more Desty.

Destina Faroda

Smile?  For what?

Is my life all gloom and doom?  No, I admit, I can walk, talk, and breathe on my own, and it's important not to take things for granted.  Yet at the same time,  I see where everyone else is, and I see where I am, and I can't get there.  It would be one thing if the differences weren't given a value, but they are.  The more I think about things, the more hopeless it seems.
Sig coming...whenever...

DragonCub

Not to steal your gloom and doom, but you should smile. I have been trying to find my smile again. Everything in my life seems to turn out for the worst, but I am trying my best to get over it.

But in everything, try to see the bright side.

I know if I did anything right, it is probably by accident.

Destina Faroda

Well, after searching and searching, I found something to smile about at the moment.  But don't worry.  It'll be gloom and doom tomorrow folks!
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

You need to join my circle of real life friends.  Even prior to getting our act together, Darkmoon and I were the shining, well-adjusted successes.

Which is kinda sad.

We still love them though.  They're lots of fun at parties!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

I can't be real-life friends with anyone more successful than myself.  It does not end well.
Sig coming...whenever...

Nimrods Son

If I may meddle around in these affairs - I get the same feeling from times to times. I should be much further in my "development" as "human ressource" at my age, too. Everyone else at university already have their places in working life. My problem is more on the "I can't help but not give a fuck" side. I feel like I still got time to find out what I am good at, even though I'll have my exams in half a year (and then, on for the dole :laugh
At least, You are aware of this feeling of dissatisfaction, You can analyze Your situation, so in a way, You are in control of it, no?
Perhaps You could like the writings of Jean-Paul Sartre or Hermann Hesse :), it's a wide-spread feeling You have, I think

Destina Faroda

Rather than make a new thread about it, I just want to reiterate...

Knowledge isn't power; ignorance is bliss.

And with that, I leave the thread.
Sig coming...whenever...

Nimrods Son

That's fine with me, then :)