Just a note on Abel's story.. (NC-14? I'd go higher.)

Started by Hermie, December 12, 2007, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: Marmonstein on December 13, 2007, 09:29:30 AMSatanic worshiping (Don't really care about this one, but a lot of overbearing people probably would).
Oh, I don't see any reason to exclude the non-overbearing people...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

Satanic worshipping is for losers.  If you worship Satan, you're a loser...

... and you will die in 7 days!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

LionHeart

Quote from: Alondro on December 14, 2007, 10:44:30 PM

Sounds like a chain letter.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kenji

Quote from: LionHeart on December 15, 2007, 11:38:42 AM
Quote from: Alondro on December 14, 2007, 10:44:30 PM

Chain letters are of the purest evil. No one would dare touch one of those willingfully, aware of its hazard on the body, mind, and soul.
Its perfect for Charline.

M

Quote from: Caswin on December 14, 2007, 10:16:07 PM
Quote from: Marmonstein on December 13, 2007, 09:29:30 AMSatanic worshiping (Don't really care about this one, but a lot of overbearing people probably would).
Oh, I don't see any reason to exclude the non-overbearing people...

I meant the kind of people who thought there were secret satanic images in Pokemon. :B But, yes, I understand that more calm and rational people can be offended by it.

Alondro

Quote from: Kenji on December 15, 2007, 11:46:49 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on December 15, 2007, 11:38:42 AM

Chain letters are of the purest evil. No one would dare touch one of those willingfully, aware of its hazard on the body, mind, and soul.

*Charline nods*  I invented them.  :3 

*And Charline becomes more hated and feared than any creature before or after*   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuari

Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2007, 02:52:38 PM
Quote from: Kenji on December 15, 2007, 11:46:49 AM

*And Charline becomes more hated and feared than any creature before or after*   :P

Hated?  maybe?  Feared?  Nah, you just made legions of enemies with all sorts of weapons, powers, and abilities, both good and evil :p

meany

Quote from: Kuari on December 15, 2007, 04:13:19 PM
Quote from: Alondro on December 15, 2007, 02:52:38 PM

Hated?  maybe?  Feared?  Nah, you just made legions of enemies with all sorts of weapons, powers, and abilities, both good and evil :p

The poll results are in. The Neutrals are officially your enimes as well. Have a marvellous day. :)

Chaos

When it comes to censorship and rating, it is a subject near and dear to my heart.

In short, I beleive there should be NO reason for censorship and a high call for a good rating system.

before I say anymore, go onto google video and watch "This Film has Not Been Rated". If you need any more encouragement, Kevin Smith makes an appearence. 

AmigaDragon

Censorship should be done by the viewer/reader/listener (or their guardian in the case of minors), based on a meaningful rating system. But then again, content shouldn't have to be at a level that makes people want to censor it. In SecondLife, if others are getting out of hand with the "mature" content, I leave so I don't have to see or listen to it. It's either that, or ask them to tone it down.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

techmaster-glitch

That's my same stance as well! I also believe there should be no censorship of anything, but everything should be very clearly 'labeled'. It's the choice of the person if they want to see something or not; if they don't like it, no one's forcing them to watch it.

Caswin

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 15, 2007, 11:02:55 PMIn SecondLife, if others are getting out of hand with the "mature" content, I leave so I don't have to see or listen to it. It's either that, or ask them to tone it down.
But they don't have to conform to your rules and standards!  There's no reason for them to listen to you!  It's not their problem if you're too uptight to handle it!  Nobody's forcing you to stay!  If you don't like it you should leave!  And probably stay gone because it's only going to get worse!  That's how the world works!  Which is a good thing!  Anyone who suggests otherwise is in denial and speaking out of willful ignorance!

American! :U

(Have I mentioned I'm just a little bit bitter?)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Hermie

It seems off-topicness is an unwritten rule here. XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

It depends on how you go about it. Deliberately trolling the topic, looking to stir up trouble is frowned upon. Natural progression of the topic to new subjects is not.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eibborn

Less of a rule; more of a scientific law.

God, I don't even know with semi-colons any more.
/kicks the internet over

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 17, 2007, 11:13:36 PM
It depends on how you go about it. Deliberately trolling the topic, looking to stir up trouble is frowned upon. Natural progression of the topic to new subjects is not.

Agreed. Thankfully here the admins understand the concept of conversation and how it will change as it goes on. Think about any conversation you've had with someone in person, odds are you've gone from talking about peanut butter sandwiches to video games to nuclear warfare in a single conversation. Forums are like that nowadays, they're not just some place to post a question, get an answer, and be done with it.

Mind you this does make things difficult for people just stepping in. A topic that's reached a few pages and be a chore to read through and the topic itself might not be the same as when it first started thus making things slightly confusing. But that's the price we pay for real socialization in a digital form.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Hermie

I'm reminded of my old Theory of Topic Evolution... This place gives strong evidence for it.

techmaster-glitch

Netrogo

Hermie

I'm used to forums where off-topicness can get you in trouble.

Except in the Mod lounge of one Sonic RP site I'm on... Our Charmy is a spammer at heart. XD

In case anyone is wondering, I play Big the Cat.

zopey

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 12, 2007, 05:25:34 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on December 12, 2007, 05:14:05 PM
Devin's death, Xander's Death, even Hennya's death were all toned down and I never really went in for in-depth view of the gory details. 

Oh? >:3

Really, I jest.:3 I hardly think Abel's Story is too violent for its rating, or corrupting today's youth or somesuch. I could be incorrect, but I think I recall SAW being rated R (A fairly equivalent rating, from what I understand), and I'd imagine that's a lot gorier and more disturbing than this.

when i saw this i dind't quite realise what had happened it was only when i went over it later and then realised he chopped her up like a carrot. if this was a higher ratiting the whole room would have been splattered with blood from floor too seeling (and Able would have died from shock)

llearch n'n'daCorna

As I understand it, that sort of horrific damage IRL causes paint-like coverage of the area. After all, the pressure in your arteries and veins isn't going to go away just because they've all been separated, at least until after it empties the blood all over the room.

Remember that the blood pressure is spread over the whole body. Removing a limb causes the blood to spurt out - literally - as a result of the lack of sealing. This is why arteries are such a danger if they get cut.

I would expect that image to be a snap-shot, the moment before the blood cuts loose.

Abel really has good reasons to be shocked. Hennya is all over the walls.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 24, 2007, 02:35:07 PM
Abel really has good reasons to be shocked. Hennya is all over the walls.

And the ceiling, and the floor, and the lamp, and the people, and the.....

EspyLacopa

Quote from: Kenji on December 12, 2007, 07:47:59 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 12, 2007, 07:45:47 PM
Quote from: Kenji on December 12, 2007, 07:42:05 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 12, 2007, 07:41:11 PM
Quote from: Hermie on December 12, 2007, 06:46:30 PM
uptight paranoid Americans.
Quoted for truth.

Not all of us are. Just the r-tards who whine and complain about censorship. Oh, and the other r-tards who give in to it.
I'm american too, if you didn't know :B I see it all the time, and it really bugs me.
That's why I quoted for truth.

Who said I was speaking for anyone else, anyways? Heck, half the people who are "against censorship" are just as guilty, wanting to censor a few things they don't like. :B
If one truely hates censorship, they will fight against the censorship of things they don't like.

WhiteFire

Quote from: EspyLacopa on December 27, 2007, 08:41:40 AM
If one truely hates censorship, they will fight against the censorship of things they don't like.

I will defend your right to speak your mind, but I reserve the right to call you an idiot for saying it. :)