Ddr competition canceled due to lack of people.

Started by Don, November 15, 2007, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

I've finally arranged everything for me and my couple dozen of friends to have a dance dance revolution competition.

We may be posting certain pairs on you-tube but most of it proboblly won't be taped, as most of my friends are either camera shy or don't want everyone seeing them fail.
I've also got one of my friends boy friend showing up, he's mainly the reason I started putting this together, he gets here on the 23rd so I have two days to train him so that he can at least do basic or difficult songs.

I'll be updating this every little while as things advance.

Sienna Maiu - M T

sounds nifty

(still not used to the threads, I'm not sure if this should be here or the Outer Fortress, this seems alright though...)

Good luck to him then  :rolleyes  :3

techmaster-glitch

It seems to me like this should be in the Outer Fortress...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 16, 2007, 09:39:58 AM

Oh, you have my commiserations! When did you get promoted?

/subtle
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

Well, I'm still technically a new member and I thought this would count more as a shout out thing, as no one here knows any of my friends, so it proboblly will have to be detailed, but I'm morely using this as something to keep my account alive, and for anyone who's interested and/or has time to waste.

Damaris

This is an announcement.  Not a discussion.  Therefore, shout out it is.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 16, 2007, 09:56:57 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 16, 2007, 09:39:58 AM

Oh, you have my commiserations! When did you get promoted?

/subtle

Jeeze, llearch, it was just my opinion. It's not like anyone has to listen to me, I was just saying what was on my mind.

Damaris

That's nice.  But I believe we have a rule on this one.  Forumers that post things like where threads are supposed to go tend to get it wrong 63% of the time, confusing new people.  Which is why we prefer that you don't actually tell them what they should, and should not do.  We don't have seven moderators just so they can sit on their asses.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

techmaster-glitch

Ok. I apologize, and I was wrong about where it should go. I will do my best to avoid this in the future.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Don

I'll try to get at least one picture of everyone. I found out yesterday that the guy visiting is going to be here for a week so we may hold it off for a few more days, but other than that everything is still working according to our plans.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 16, 2007, 10:27:03 PM
Jeeze, llearch, it was just my opinion. It's not like anyone has to listen to me, I was just saying what was on my mind.

Hence why I was subtle, and suggestive, so that other newcomers, as Damaris points out, don't get confused.

I -may- have come across a bit more short-tempered than I intended, though. It's been a long week, and shows no signs of stopping in the near future. Work sucks, and then some. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 17, 2007, 09:09:23 AM
I -may- have come across a bit more short-tempered than I intended, though. It's been a long week, and shows no signs of stopping in the near future. Work sucks, and then some. :-/
Oh yeah, I know those times. Just hold on and grit through it.

Sienna Maiu - M T

This is llearch we're talking about. He's sturdy, but sometimes needs venting room.

I feel like I shouldn't be saying this...

On a related note, that's good. So I guess then that you guys can maybe teach him how to play first.
Watch him actually be a pro, but he's pretending to know nothing so that he can be a jerk and show you all up at the competition :B

Don

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 17, 2007, 01:25:52 PM
On a related note, that's good. So I guess then that you guys can maybe teach him how to play first.
Watch him actually be a pro, but he's pretending to know nothing so that he can be a jerk and show you all up at the competition :B

I think I can trust him when he says he's never played it before...actually he said he's never even seen it before, I'm hoping that since he trains a football team that he'll have a decent reaction time.And if he does end up being able to beat me I will be baffled.

My current playing level is expert/difficult x2.

haseeb

Seems interesting. I will watch for sure. People always mess up at these things.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I'm easy, real easy....

So, naughty things aside, I've only played like... thrice.

My parents tried to get me a pad for Christmas last year, but it was a plug and play and sounded like an 80's arcade game. Like, a bad one.

So, currently I'm trying to find the right gear for that.

Don

I can get the dance pads for like 10-20$ The game costs like 40-50$ You can find generally everything for dance dance revolution in my town, Very few people play it, so it never really goes out of stock.

Netrogo

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 17, 2007, 01:25:52 PM
This is llearch we're talking about. He's sturdy...

Except in rain :U

Quote from: 96Zack96 on November 19, 2007, 08:28:04 PM
I can get the dance pads for like 10-20$ The game costs like 40-50$ You can find generally everything for dance dance revolution in my town, Very few people play it, so it never really goes out of stock.

Don't know if you know about this but there's a miles better and slightly more pricey pad out there.

http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpad.html

A buddy of mine got one of those and the grip difference and ability to play when you have the thick core instead of the cotton squishyness is much more enjoyable.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Don

Eh, the mat I use is good for me, I don't really play the game that much.

Bad news, alot of the people who are supposed to participate seem to be backing out, we may be short alot of people by the time we get to start the competition, hopefully our original few will stay around but other than that it's not really much of an event anymore  :cry

Don

*sigh* I'm fully aware of the double post, but this is prooboblly my last post in this thread anyway...

Everyone backed out, even the girl who originally wanted me to arrange everything, I'm rather dissapointed. If I should ever do this again in the future, I'll be sure that I make it after the event so I can post everything at once. So yea, to all of you who were looking forward to seeing this in pictures or video form, sorry to have gotten your hopes up and  done the whole ten day thing just to end it like this...

Sienna Maiu - M T

I'm sorry to say I sort of saw that coming.

I had everyone back out on a party of mine once, and all we were going to do was watch a movie :V

Don

To be honest I see myself as a fool for announcing something ten days before it was supposed to happen, I should've known that everything could change in the time of one day, but instead I was overconfident and just expected everyone to follow through.

I proboblly will try this again but as I previously said, I won't post anything untill I have the videos/pictures to show it.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Don

...I'm not sure what to make of that comment.

Blindly I'm going to say that yes I seem to have too much confidence in people and it's a mistake that I seem to make quite often. I don't know why I started trusting people, I used to only work by myself to make things happen, It may be something I'll need to get back into as trusting people seems to be getting me no-where.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quite frankly, neither do I.

To be honest, it's a double-meaning'd comment;

Gasp! You have confidence in people! :U
- - - This is said rather jokingly. In a "ohnoez, illigulz" sort of manner.
If you catch my drift. (Most people tend not to, I'm a mystery!)

You have too much confidence in people! 
- - - This is the more cynical aspect.
'Nuff said.