Mab's parents

Started by featherfeat, November 02, 2007, 07:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherfeat

A few comics ago, there was just a panel of Mab only reaching out and saying goodbye to her mother. Now she just gave Albanion her father's soul even though it was promised to a family friend (Although I guess she could have said it so she wouldn't have to give it to anyone else). I wonder if she had a good relationship with both parents?

Dannysaysnoo

Perhaps her mother, but not her father. Do fae remember what happened in their past lifes?

Kasarn

HER PARENTS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HER. :C

Also, Albanion is the family friend her father's soul was promised to. ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_836.php )
It was Nutmeg (pretending to be Albanion) who said that it had promised it to a family friend ( http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_786.php ) and she may or may not have been aware of this.

Dannysaysnoo

Yeah, but in comic 836, she implies she might be pretending that he is.

Fuyudenki

Albanion was the family friend Mab's father's soul was promised to, she just added stipulations on the transfer.

As she has every right to do, given that she's in charge of it all.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

DarkAudit

Nutmeg knew about the "family friend" part. She just didn't know it was Albanion.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

ShiningShadow

So Albanion is the family friend I' assuming he was there when Mabs and him were children. I never would imagine Mabs as a child or having parents to take care and nurture (that stretching it a bit there). I bet her parents maybe wanted this way with a family friend to a complete stranger. I wish Amber will show us the parents of Mabs sometime down the line.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 03, 2007, 12:45:16 AM
So Albanion is the family friend I' assuming he was there when Mabs and him were children. I never would imagine Mabs as a child or having parents to take care and nurture (that stretching it a bit there). I bet her parents maybe wanted this way with a family friend to a complete stranger. I wish Amber will show us the parents of Mabs sometime down the line.

...they show up in a flashback, unless you meant with them not in an escalated war that results in flooding. In that case, it looks unlikely to me.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Roureem Egas on November 03, 2007, 01:15:12 AM

...they show up in a flashback, unless you meant with them not in an escalated war that results in flooding. In that case, it looks unlikely to me.

I would love to have that flashback that will be cool. But I will wait and see what comes further down the line in the future episodes of this strip.

Naldru

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 03, 2007, 01:24:31 AM

I would love to have that flashback that will be cool. But I will wait and see what comes further down the line in the future episodes of this strip.
Ask and you shall receive
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

Quote from: Naldru on November 03, 2007, 12:04:46 PM

I wonder Mab is still heartbroken about no potato skins...

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Naldru on November 03, 2007, 12:04:46 PM

I still love Wildy's look in the last panel of that one.

Gabi

So do I.

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 02, 2007, 07:56:57 PM
Perhaps her mother, but not her father. Do fae remember what happened in their past lifes?

According to what Amber has said and the things Mab has said to Rose, I'd say the answer is 'no'.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Madmann135

knowledge on your past life would literally direct and alter your current life.  In a way its tragic and brilliant that memories from one's past life are not remembered in the second life.

Tragic because that means that knowledge is lost and everything (your memories, your knowledge) is gone.

Brilliant because it gives someone a fresh start at a new life.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Caswin

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 04, 2007, 08:27:53 AM
knowledge on your past life would literally direct and alter your current life.  In a way its tragic and brilliant that memories from one's past life are not remembered in the second life.

Tragic because that means that knowledge is lost and everything (your memories, your knowledge) is gone.
They could always write it down...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Caswin on November 04, 2007, 04:56:39 PM

So... how do you get it passed on to "you" ? You can ask, but... how will the new you take the offering from the old you? With trust? Do you trust the person you asked to pass it over as much as the old you did, in the same way?

"Fraught" is a word that comes to mind...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2007, 05:18:37 PM

So... how do you get it passed on to "you" ? You can ask, but... how will the new you take the offering from the old you? With trust? Do you trust the person you asked to pass it over as much as the old you did, in the same way?

"Fraught" is a word that comes to mind...

"Betrayal" is another...

Sofox

Isn't that what Autobiographies are for?

Then again, how do you ensure the new you reads it? You could hear about a biography written a while back but not read it because it doesn't seem like something you would go for, and ironically it could have been written by you in a past life.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Sofox on November 14, 2007, 04:07:13 PM

Isn't that what Autobiographies are for?

Then again, how do you ensure the new you reads it? You could hear about a biography written a while back but not read it because it doesn't seem like something you would go for, and ironically it could have been written by you in a past life.
Of course, being as Fae are non-linear time wise, couldn't an interested person simply go back in time and ask the Fae in question?

Or, perhaps before a Fae's death, the Fae would simply inscribe his or her entire knowledge into a crystal which would be put into a library for all eternity.

Simple!

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.