Deus Ex 3 Teaser

Started by Dannysaysnoo, December 05, 2007, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannysaysnoo

Here On Gametrailers.com

Even thought it's just a teaser, its looks badass for one simple fact. The awesome entry music from the original makes a comeback, and i will buy it to hear that awesome tune again.

bill

I have no god damn idea what is going on in that trailer.

(please don't suck. please.  :< )

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 02:55:34 PM

Here's hoping.

Of course it will probably only work on Vista or something, in which case I won't be able to play it anyway.
[Still bitter because he held off buying DE on first release to get the linux version which was cancelled]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2007, 02:59:23 PM

Here's hoping.

Of course it will probably only work on Vista or something, in which case I won't be able to play it anyway.
[Still bitter because he held off buying DE on first release to get the linux version which was cancelled]

Oh JPM! you and your open source!

Not a single drop of my dosh is going into buying Vista. If it even bothers to try that, im gonna get the (I can feel it in my mind) piss-poor x-box verison.

I have no god damn idea what is going on in that trailer.

I think what it is is an augmented fetus with his father giving dynamic commentary. I just want to see if the music is bad-ass again.

bill

I have vista so  :U

But I'm probably getting the 360 version. FPS on consoles have improved dramatically from the xBox-PS2 era, as Bioshock and COD4 have shown.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:04:05 PM
I have vista so  :U

But I'm probably getting the 360 version. FPS on consoles have improved dramatically from the xBox-PS2 era, as Bioshock and COD4 have shown.

Bioshock was good for an Xbox game, but as a "spiritual" member of the System Shock, it was naff. Call of Duty 4 seems to be all graphics, is there any genuine depth to it?

bill

CoD4 actually has a good storyline, and the ballyhooed Chernobyl level is awesome. ("Heat" is my favorite level, though.)

Bioshock had a good first half, but got kinda crap at the end, and had a terrible boss fight. Which actually makes it an even better spiritual successor to SS2.  :B

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:08:03 PM
CoD4 actually has a good storyline, and the ballyhooed Chernobyl level is awesome. ("Heat" is my favorite level, though.)

Bioshock had a good first half, but got kinda crap at the end, and had a terrible boss fight. Which actually makes it an even better spiritual successor to SS2.  :B

System Shock 2 was alright, but the leveling up seemed more dependent on physical things, like collecting the Modules from a crate or so.

Tapewolf

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 05, 2007, 03:02:21 PM

Well obviously it wasn't open-source.  But given the choice, I'd much rather pay for a Linux version than a Windows version.  Heck, I was one of the few people who bought Rune :P

QuoteNot a single drop of my dosh is going into buying Vista. If it even bothers to try that, im gonna get the (I can feel it in my mind) piss-poor x-box verison.

That would be a tough decision, since IIRC they're similar prices.

bill

Xbox games are (over) priced at $60, while PC games tend to max out at $50. Don't know what it's like on the far side of the pond, though.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2007, 03:10:56 PM
Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 05, 2007, 03:02:21 PM

Well obviously it wasn't open-source.  But given the choice, I'd much rather pay for a Linux version than a Windows version.  Heck, I was one of the few people who bought Rune :P

I never saw what was so great about Linux. Yeah, its not Microsoft, but some programs would be really hard to get working.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2007, 03:10:56 PM
QuoteNot a single drop of my dosh is going into buying Vista. If it even bothers to try that, im gonna get the (I can feel it in my mind) piss-poor x-box verison.

That would be a tough decision, since IIRC they're similar prices.

Don't worry, I'll tell you if the Xbox version sucks, console adaptations never come out right. I just got Oblivion, and even though i have'nt played it on PC, ii'm sure it would be alot better with a mouse & keyboard.

bill

I don't think he has a 360.

The 360, despite it's Microsoft name, by the way, is fantastic (when it's not broken).

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:15:30 PM

The 360, despite it's Microsoft name, by the way, is fantastic (when it's not broken).

Oh yeah, i love mine, it's just that bringing a game on many platforms can skew the playing elements and such. Invisible War was obviously designed with the Xbox in mind, as it had a very simple interface.

bill

The problem was that the interface was dumbed down, instead of streamlined. As much as Halo gets overhyped, they did a fantastic job of finding out how you can streamline an FPS on a console. Bioshock got hectic at times, but they got through by removing the inventory system from SS2 (Which I never liked anyway), and making all the personal RPG-like decisions happen at "vending machines", more so than SS2.

I'm pretty optimistic here, because developers have found out that they can make a good, deep FPS on a console by experience. Oblivion had a deep system, that worked well on a console, for instance.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:15:30 PM
Correct.  Which means a big upfront cost for either option unless it works on W2K.  Too much for a mere game.  Heck, $150 to upgrade the graphics card was enough to stop me buying DE2 even before I found it out was crap.

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 05, 2007, 03:14:16 PM
I never saw what was so great about Linux. Yeah, its not Microsoft, but some programs would be really hard to get working.
The quick and simple answer is that you (the user) are in control of it, not vice-versa.  I'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone, but for me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

bill

I essentially bought the 360 for Bioshock alone, so  >:3.

The 360 has a great library, though. It's obviously not as flexible as a PC gaming library is, but it's worth the investment if you get a number of games.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2007, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 05, 2007, 03:14:16 PM
The quick and simple answer is that you (the user) are in control of it, not vice-versa.  I'll be the first to admit it's not for everyone, but for me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Yeah, maybe you have to be able to program something other than a Dice roll in Visual Basic.Seriously, why can't they give independent programing things, like C++ or something?

Turnsky

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:28:54 PM
I essentially bought the 360 for Bioshock alone, so  >:3.

The 360 has a great library, though. It's obviously not as flexible as a PC gaming library is, but it's worth the investment if you get a number of games.

you'd be definitely wanting to look at Mass effect next.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Arcalane

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 05, 2007, 03:12:28 PM
Xbox games are (over) priced at $60, while PC games tend to max out at $50. Don't know what it's like on the far side of the pond, though.

Games for both tend to go for £30-40, but 40 really is the high end and won't be seen on games that are either; 1) expected to make a lot of money, 2) needed to make a lot of money, or 3) on consoles. PC Games are usually £20-30.

Janus Whitefurr

I have nothing but bad feelings about this, after the poor effort that Invisible War had.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Dannysaysnoo

I have confidence in it.

Theres a poster in my Physics class that says " A good man looks for the best part of a man and works with that part. A Bad man sees only bad in other men, and finds i hard to work with others", and i see the good in this series.