I carved a pumpkin!

Started by TheDeere, October 31, 2007, 02:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDeere

I carved a pumpkin for the webcomic Gone Astray, and Darkhorse was kind enough to post it to her main page! Check it out:

http://goneastray.comicgenesis.com/

Amber probably gets tons of these things. I thought I was being original until I saw how many VG Cats gets (He cheats and provides the patterns, though!)

Tapewolf

Very nicely done.  I'd be interested to see an unlit shot of you have one, I'm curious to see how it was constructed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Cool.

I've never seen a carved pumpkin IRL, but I guess it must be hard to do something like that.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

TheDeere

Yeah I've got some daytime unlit shots, I'll post one. As far as how it's constructed though I just print a "stencil" of what I want on paper, tape that to the pumpkin, then trace around the pieces with a poker-tool, remove paper, then saw out the pieces with a little pumpkin-saw and poke them out.

Zedd

TheDeere

Hey Tapewolf, it turns out Darkhorse actually posted BOTH pics I sent her, one of those was a twilight shot that she musta lightened up. So to see it in "daylight" just hit the "Prior" button on her page! Her comic kicks butt too, give that a look. :>

Sienna Maiu - M T

coolies, lots of neato detail.
Just how big was this pumpkin of yours?

TheDeere

How big was it? Well considering it had gone into the Final Stage and had to be tossed from the porch the other day (It went kersplat nicely!), I'd say about 15 lbs? Maybe a foot and a half diameter? I had 3 candles and a little kerosene lamp in there with lots of room to spare! The pattern-stencil I printed of Gip and used to outline her onto the pumpkin was an 8X11" sheet of paper and the pattern hit all edges if that helps