Started by Alondro, October 25, 2007, 12:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

And a Pepsi lighter too!

Another Dew Coin

Pepsi Lighter

Robbiethe1st, you said you were interested!  NOW BID!!   :mwaha

PS:  I figured out how to make the little URL phrases!  IR SMRT NOWS.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

RobbieThe1st

Don't worry. I will definitely not forget this time.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I would have polished up the stainless prior to taking pictures of it... but then, I'm OCD like that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

The sad thing is, I'm going to make more money on one clinical study I've volunteered for than I will selling everything in the collection, more than likely. 

I qualified for the study this week.  Now I get to have needles jabbed in me for money!  Yay!   :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Netrogo

Oh you do those too Alondro?

Easiest money in the world eh :)

Edit: First bid on the lighter XD
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Omega

If only they'd deliver over seas less expensively.

*sigh*

Alondro

Yeah, the shipping costs overseas would end up being more than the cost of the coin!   :P

Not to mention you could end up waiting months for it unless you did airmail... which would make the cost insane.

I could try sending it by mylar balloon...  It might get there eventually if I put a little propeller on it and steered it my GPS.  :B

Omega

That's... One crazy idea you got there, but it just might work.

Netrogo

Just checking Alondro, you will ship to Canada right? If not I have a friend in the US.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on October 25, 2007, 04:10:22 PM
Just checking Alondro, you will ship to Canada right? If not I have a friend in the US.

Hmm, I could.   It'll likely make shipping a little more, but it shouldn't be too much more.  After all, it just goes in a big envelope.

Alondro

Last day of the auctions and yay!  My lighter is up to $20 and the coin is up to $15!

The lighter is a surprise, though.  I hadn't expected it to go that high.  I can't wait to see what one of the 10K gold-filled Zippo ones goes for... when I finally decide to sell one.   >:3

RobbieThe1st

:eager Yay! It seems we won.

(jane4272 is my mom's ebay account name)

:boogie :boogie :boogie

^_^
I am quite happy. I cannot wait until it arrives!

-RobbieThe1st

Alondro

I'll try to mail it out today if I can sneak out of work early enough.   :3

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Alondro on November 01, 2007, 07:50:55 AM
I'll try to mail it out today if I can sneak out of work early enough.   :3
Great, Thanks! ^_^

-RobbieThe1st

RobbieThe1st

It arrived! Thanks!

(My mom will give you positive feedback tomorrow)

Pics of the packaging:
Outer package(names/addresses removed).
Stuff in reverse order.

If anyone wants these pictures for anything, use em all you like!

-RobbieThe1st

Alondro

Glad to see it arrived!  :)

Now... would you be interested in one of the only two .999 fine-silver ones of those that exist?

Considering they're 17 times rarer than these brass ones, and since rareness equates to an almost exponential value increase... hmmm... square root of 2.. carry the exponent... x over y...

You can pick one up for only 12 easy payments of $999.95!   >:3

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Alondro on November 04, 2007, 10:18:46 PM

Now... would you be interested in one of the only two .999 fine-silver ones of those that exist?

Considering they're 17 times rarer than these brass ones, and since rareness equates to an almost exponential value increase... hmmm... square root of 2.. carry the exponent... x over y...

Well, if you are fine with taking 12000 Cambodian Riel (KHR) instead...  :giggle

-RobbieThe1st

Alondro

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 05, 2007, 12:25:04 AM

Well, if you are fine with taking 12000 Cambodian Riel (KHR) instead...  :giggle

-RobbieThe1st

Bah!  You can't fool me!  I want at least... 50,000 yen!   :B

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2007, 02:15:05 PM

-RobbieThe1st

So cheap... I just don't feel right paying that little. How about 1,500,000 ZWD instead?  :3

-RobbieThe1st

Alondro

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 06, 2007, 01:00:05 AM
Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2007, 02:15:05 PM

-RobbieThe1st

So cheap... I just don't feel right paying that little. How about 1,500,000 ZWD instead?  :3

-RobbieThe1st

Nah, I already traded one for some magic beans!

I eated them and they gave me magic flatulence...   I'm farting bunches of flowers, flocks of doves, and long strings of handkerchiefs now.   But the rabbits are the worst.  :<

Omega

Quote from: Alondro on November 06, 2007, 07:55:46 AM

I already traded one for some magic beans!

I eated them and they gave me magic flatulence...   I'm farting bunches of flowers, flocks of doves, and long strings of handkerchiefs now.   But the rabbits are the worst.  :<
The Fråhern-Bachen syndrome, eh? It should wear off in few weeks.
Lemme write you a description just in case. If the smyptoms won't come to an end, try consulting your local voodoo priest.

Alondro

I also have several 10 K gold-filled Pepsi Zippo lighters.  But I'm hanging onto those!

I wish my uncle had collected some of the musical lighters.  They go for over $100 each even for common ones. 

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Alondro on October 25, 2007, 12:05:31 PM
I could try sending it by mylar balloon...  It might get there eventually if I put a little propeller on it and steered it my GPS.  :B

Don't SAY that to a Computer Engineer, my brain's now trying to figure out how to interface the Motorola HC11 Microcontroller to a battery-powered fan and a GPS receiver.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Raist on November 15, 2007, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: Alondro on October 25, 2007, 12:05:31 PM

Don't SAY that to a Computer Engineer, my brain's now trying to figure out how to interface the Motorola HC11 Microcontroller to a battery-powered fan and a GPS receiver.
Hm... More than that, you would need either one fan and a couple servos to rotate it, or two fans. Also, you might need a compass.

If you ever figure it out, post how it can be done!  :3

-RobbieThe1st